Author Topic: Dose of... Quran !  (Read 4665 times)

Amelia

Dose of... Quran !
« on: June 08, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »
This place is dead as crazy and me being an admin isn't much of a help. All I can do to keep this forum, still a forum is post around whether in the chit-chat or else where. So, I decided to be productive in the only way I can think of  ::)

There's a face book page, "The Islamic Email Circle." And I got this idea from them. What I'm gonna do here is post atleast, two pages of the Quran (links or pictures), with the translation as often as I can. Daily, weekly or monthly. All you are to do in this thread (if you are interested that is)recite,  read, reply, discuss, share Quranic ayas or  personal anecdotes yourself. The least you can do is read. I dont care if you comment or not, I'll keep posting, Insha' Allah .

The Morality board is not exclusive to the Muslims, Non-muslims are most invited to read and share their views.

May Peace be upon you :)

For today, its Surah An-Nur. (Surah 24, chapter 18) Verse 32 - 40

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com/downloads/24.3SurahAnNur.pdf

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Dose of... Quran !
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:23:36 pm »
Good idea. (Y)

Will be looking forward to reading. :)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »
Good idea. (Y)

Will be looking forward to reading. :)

I second that :D

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:23 pm »
Assalamualaikum. It is in Surah Noor where we find Allah commanding us...as in the womenfolk to observe hijab.

Erm, jamy, that's all I could come up with, sorry. :P. Actually, I don't want to say much cos its the Quran and what if I interpret it in a particular way but the meaning is different or my interpretation goes wrong :-\. On second thoughts, realllllllyyyyy hoping I get to do Quran tafseer someday in life inshaAllah. :). Ameen. :)

Amelia

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »
^ Don't interpret if you can't, post your question here if you have any. My basic motive was to make people recite atleast few Ayas in their busy day  ;D ;)

----

Today,
 Surah Al Baqarah, Chp. 2, Verses:- 136-137

It has been revealed unto us (the believers, Muslims) to reply the ones who question our faith by saying that, we believe in what Allah has revealed to us (through Muhammad (saw)) and we believe that which has been revealed to Ibrahim, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the tribes of Musa and Isa (may peace be upon them all). We make no comparison between the Prophets, neither to we believe in one but deny the other (this is something that sets us apart from the other 'People of the Book').

Those who believe like, we (the practising Muslims  ::)), they are indeed in the right path, but if they don't...rest you can get from the verse  :P

Amelia

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »
Surah Al Kahf, Verse 1-13, Surah 18

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:20 am »
DID YOU KNOW?

The first 10 ayats and last 10 of Surah Kahaf should be read (better if memorized) in the morn and the eve everyday in order to be safe from all kinds of fitnahs of Dajjal. :)

Amelia

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 03:43:55 pm »
Surah No. 5; Mai'da, Verses 69-72

Amelia

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:35:30 am »
Surah Masad  :)

Offline Banana

• Global Moderator
  • SF Master
  • The Dancin' Banana
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 11:39:05 am »
I find this pic highly intriguing, and the comment below, written by someone, was also worthy of praise:

"Yes it is true...apparently when I read it in the Quran I thought how could a man who could not read or write lived nearly fifteen hundred years bac , how could he confidently state ths fact in a what he claimed a holy book? I had no doubt then that this man, Muhammad P.B.U.H, can only say what is he told from someone who knew everything in this world and who must then be the Creator of all.."

^This indeed is very intellectual and thought provoking...
Save Mars...it's the only habitable planet that doesn't have schools ;D

Amelia

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 02:44:31 pm »
The last 6 Ayahs (signs/verses) of Surah Hajj (Surah 22, chapter 17)
 (from the 9th line of the first image).

[Translation with detailed explanation (tafsir)]
O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued. (Surah Hajj, Verse 73)

["An example has been presented" as opposed to "Allah gave an example" - Allah gave a lot of examples in this Surah, describing Him and His attributes, He is knowledgeable and wise, Allah has given many examples like that over and over in this Surah... but it seems that 'those people' just don't wanna listen. It seems they have reached a point where - because the revelation is coming from Allah, they don't wanna listen. Appearance matters, they have an effect on judgment. They (the disbelievers) have enough of those examples and now, they are like, 'Oh, another one, that's it, not listening!'
So, here Allah doesn't even mentions himself, uses the passive form. He wants them to focus on the arguments rather than the speaker. But it's opposite for the believers, if the believers know that it's from Allah, then they will pay extra attention. In Madani Surahs, Allah mentions Himself rather than using the passive form so that the muslims over there can pay extra attention.
??? - to strike.
To bring close to the modern English it can be said that the examples given here are 'striking'. They are 'startling'.
(This word used to grab attention.)

Allah says here to listen to 'it', not 'Me.' Listen to the speech, not the speaker.

Who do you think they call on besides Allah?
 Idols, for sure. Also, those people who demand to be called God. There are people who give authority to other people or to ideas, the same authority that should be given to Allah Himself.
New idols are philosophies.
~ No matter what these "Gods" do, they cannot even create a fly. If they all got together, living or non-living, even then they wouldn't be able to create a fly.
And this fly will very bravely would snatch away from them things they wouldn't be able to recover again. A fly would do that!

Now, why is this fly mentioned?
People who worship idols built huge temples for their idols for worship. And they keep out food for their "Gods", like honey, milk and other sweets. Now, if you keep food out in the open what shows up? Flies!
Those flies snatch the food right from under those idols nose, making "eye-contact" and they can't do anything.
This should prove to those disbelievers that their religion is false. Their "Gods" can't even defend their own sacred temples from ... flies!

On top  of it there is Pharaoh, sitting in his pyramid eating "double-cheese burger with extra mayo and then a fly comes up, sits on his lap and takes away a piece of lettuce from the plate and flies away...and Pharaoh says, "Hey! Nobody steals from me, capture that fly and bring my lettuce back!" Pharaoh can have hundreds of armies, but can he get that lettuce back?
When flies sit on food, they actually release a form of saliva, acidic saliva that wraps around the food and sucks it into the fly..and because it is acidic it permanently alters the food upon contact. So, if you did capture the fly, Pharaoh, and invent a microscope (quickly) and a Petri dish and went underneath to do a surgery to  surgery to get your lettuce back, it aint there! It's gone forever!
Lesson - 
(the seeker, the one who wants something, who demands something) and the one that is wanted - they are both in and itself weak.
 they have been made weak, which seems to suggest that somebody else has made them weak. Naturally, they were strong but then they have been made weak. But they word used here is 'Daifa', which means that they are already weak, the person who wants something and whatever he or she wants is also weak.  So, the idols and the food kept for them and the flies are all weak.
But this phenomenon is not only for the disbelievers, all human beings want something or the other always (that car, promotion, nice education, that woman in marriage etc.). Allah says you are weak because of your want, and what you want is also weak. You can literally 'lose your mind' if you don't get/or lose the things that you want (or are very dear to your heart). The more you depend on things, the more weaker you become.

They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might. (Verse 74)

Allah chooses from the angels messengers and from the people. Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Seeing. (Verse 75)

He knows what is [presently] before them (Quran, message of Islam, Muhammed (saw)) and what will be after them (Allah knows their history, their deeds, makes their destiny). And to Allah will be returned [all] matters. (Verse 76)

O you who have believed, bow and prostrate and worship your Lord and do good - that you may reap the harvest (be successful). (Verse 77)

And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give Zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper. (Verse 78)

-----
P.S - I haven't added the detailed explanation of the last 5 Ayahs because the post will be too long and none of you would actually read them. Incase, you are looking for the detailed explanations - PM me.

JazakAllah khair.

Amelia

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »

Surah Al-noor, Verse 38
....And Allâh provides without measure to whom He wills

Amelia

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »

1 )   About what are they asking one another?
( 2 )   About the great news -
( 3 )   That over which they are in disagreement.
( 4 )   No! They are going to know.
( 5 )   Then, no! They are going to know.
( 6 )   Have We not made the earth a resting place?
( 7 )   And the mountains as stakes?
( 8 )   And We created you in pairs
( 9 )   And made your sleep [a means for] rest
( 10 )   And made the night as clothing
( 11 )   And made the day for livelihood
( 12 )   And constructed above you seven strong [heavens]
( 13 )   And made [therein] a burning lamp
( 14 )   And sent down, from the rain clouds, pouring water
( 15 )   That We may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation
( 16 )   And gardens of entwined growth.
( 17 )   Indeed, the Day of Judgement is an appointed time -
( 18 )   The Day the Horn is blown and you will come forth in multitudes
( 19 )   And the heaven is opened and will become gateways
( 20 )   And the mountains are removed and will be [but] a mirage.
( 21 )   Indeed, Hell has been lying in wait
( 22 )   For the transgressors, a place of return,
( 23 )   In which they will remain for ages [unending].
( 24 )   They will not taste therein [any] coolness or drink
( 25 )   Except scalding water and [foul] purulence -
( 26 )   An appropriate recompense.
( 27 )   Indeed, they were not expecting an account
( 28 )   And denied Our verses with [emphatic] denial.
( 29 )   But all things We have enumerated in writing.
( 30 )   "So taste [the penalty], and never will We increase you except in torment."