Author Topic: Music  (Read 6281 times)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Music
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:21:22 pm »
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:03:56 pm »
BarakAllahu feek, sis. <3

Still working on the 'music' thing. Pray for me.
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:23 pm »
Will do, inshaAllah.

May Allah strengthen our Imaan and keep us away from all these worldly distractions. Ameen. xx
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:08:44 am »
Ikr, I remember the first time I decided to stop..it was 4years back...and then I gave up my mp4 and told about it to my family....good all days!! :D I pray Allah instead grants me a chance to play basketball in heaven. Please don't LOL that cos I am serious. :P :) ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 08:54:35 am »
Ikr, I remember the first time I decided to stop..it was 4years back...and then I gave up my mp4 and told about it to my family....good all days!! :D I pray Allah instead grants me a chance to play basketball in heaven. Please don't LOL that cos I am serious. :P :) ::)

Aw, MashaAllah. :D

That's so sweet and cute! :D I miss playing that game. :P

InshaAllah, I pray Allah (swt) grants all your wishes! :D

Offline cielo18

• Slave of Allah
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:52:21 pm »
wow... to be honest i have given up music ..i don't listen to music any more
unless it just there around the environment am in ...e.g. School/bus /when just switching the chanels or watching a programme and some random music decides to appear...but i don't really pay attention to it...

may ALLAH GUIDE US ALL...
and forgive us ALL :)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »
What about weddings (which you are obliged to attend) where they play music ? =/

Amelia

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 02:39:56 pm »
^ the situation is unavoidable, and not something in your will-power to stop (if you are a guest that is).. I doubt you'll be held accountable for that.

Ofcourse, extravagant weddings and music are not part of the Islamic tradition  ::)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »
What about weddings (which you are obliged to attend) where they play music ? =/

You are not obliged to do anything that goes against Allahs will.

And going to a wedding or any gathering where you know there will be music shouldn't be acceptable :/

We don't go to weddings that have music or are mixed even if they are as close and a cousin or my parents sibling >.<

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 03:02:51 pm »
You are not obliged to do anything that goes against Allahs will.

And going to a wedding or any gathering where you know there will be music shouldn't be acceptable :/

We don't go to weddings that have music or are mixed even if they are as close and a cousin or my parents sibling >.<

I understand that.

Our wedding is totally separate (no mixing) but there is music. :-\

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »
Oh c'mon....... Who said you can't avoid it. :P

Get your microphone and download Surah Yaseen on your phone, then listen to it and try to memorise it. Well, I am on it. Wish me luck :P

Here is the link... I just downloaded it cos its along with English translation. :)

http://www.quranenglish.com/quran_qasmi/

You know what I love: the expression on everyone's face when I enter with my smashing black abaya while everyone's got their red/blue/yellow/pink 'outfits' to flaunt. :P Only that I hope that in a couple of years, I make my veil a fashion statement too. LOL!!!!!!!

Offline cielo18

• Slave of Allah
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »
Oh c'mon....... Who said you can't avoid it. :P

Get your microphone and download Surah Yaseen on your phone, then listen to it and try to memorise it. Well, I am on it. Wish me luck :P

Here is the link... I just downloaded it cos its along with English translation. :)

http://www.quranenglish.com/quran_qasmi/

You know what I love: the expression on everyone's face when I enter with my smashing black abaya while everyone's got their red/blue/yellow/pink 'outfits' to flaunt. :P Only that I hope that in a couple of years, I make my veil a fashion statement too. LOL!!!!!!!

its not hard to avoid it .... the people around you make it hard for you to avoid music...e.g. friends/peers/even teachers(they put the radio on and theres music)..and plus the environment...wherever you go there is music....

Alhumdulillah i have deleted all the songs from my ipod and... now got naats/nasheeds and yeah i do listen to surah yaseen with translation..
it is soo much better.....  :) :) :)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »
May Allah reward you all immensely and make it easy for us all. Ameen :)

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 02:39:27 am »
Cielo18-- First of all, a big HI!! I was gonna post something in your welcome thread, but I am sorry, pardon the laziness xD.
Yeah you're right there, but really, we all control the changes of our lives. It is all a matter of determination. I do know what you mean, matey. Been there, done that. But remember, never give up. And you'll succeed. DEFO ;)

Good thing all this stopped for me before I virtually created all my fantasies of an Ipod or an Iphone :P ::) I had a really stupid Mp4 player which was easy to give up. LOL, jk, it was hard!! I hope we're all rewarded. :)

Offline cielo18

• Slave of Allah
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 03:36:17 pm »
Cielo18-- First of all, a big HI!! I was gonna post something in your welcome thread, but I am sorry, pardon the laziness xD.
Yeah you're right there, but really, we all control the changes of our lives. It is all a matter of determination. I do know what you mean, matey. Been there, done that. But remember, never give up. And you'll succeed. DEFO ;)

Good thing all this stopped for me before I virtually created all my fantasies of an Ipod or an Iphone :P ::) I had a really stupid Mp4 player which was easy to give up. LOL, jk, it was hard!! I hope we're all rewarded. :)

HIIIIIIIII  :D
Aslamaleikummmm....

yeah totally agree... we control our life .. :) and no one can do anything to it except Allah jee...
inshaAllah
Allah will surely help :)

and you know  living in UK... music is everywhere....
muslims are aware of it but still they go on that route...i don't understand!

hope Allah jee guides everyone :)