Author Topic: Your techniques for studying  (Read 8435 times)

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
Re: Your techniques for studying
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
lol
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »
Salaam SZM,

I suggest u must not waste ur time and effort asking questions around here that might not lead to improvement in performance - the summer exams r not far.

I m having exams in jan so busy - hop u get it.

Chemistry Unit 1 is the easiest module i ever came across. As u said u go for a group class - ask ur teacher to help u with the Physics and Biology Unit 1. Seriously, u r taking group classes to help clear ur doubts in the specification areas u don't understand, not the ones u hav already covered. Even though ur teacher teaches Chemistry unit 1 in class, u must always study the other theory units at home and then go over and get ur doubts cleared from ur teacher.

Sorry, I don't have the SNAB and SHAP books.
Do u already have the official Edexcel Science student books? If yes, will u hav time to study from the Edexcel SNAB and SHAP books as well?
Get the Edexcel Science Revision Guides and revise through them. This combined with the Student books is hopefully enough. You will get a better idea of the key concepts for the Biology and Physics unit 1 from the Edexcel Revision Guides.

Why do u need the SNAB and SHAP textbooks?? Did u read and understand the text within those books? If yes, u can also understand the concepts in the official Edexcel textbooks u already have, can u not?

Try to put the effort in - it won't just happen!  By mentioning this i don't mean that u hav to get tensed. Try reading small bits everyday with a fresh mind.

When i decided to self-study, i even decided to deal with any problems i will come across as a result. If u get lazy by reading, u can't just give up, can u? If u choose to self-study, try putting in the effort to understand what the book says. After all, u r studying science subjects that r based on explained reasoning of theories and laws. If u cannot understand what u r reading the first time around, read it again. But select only a section of text to read and understand and when u will understand it, then only u can move onto the next text. If u hav covered the Chemistry unit 1 specification, move  onto unit 2 and understand it as well in the same way u tried to understand chem unit 1.

I use the same method that i hav explained earlier - no particular method otherwise. Just understand, understand and understand. Seek help through teachers. And move onto getting some work done instead of looking for methods and books. I don't use any tutorials - even though i download any video tutorials from the internet, i don't get the time to hav a look at them at all!!

It is good to know that u r taking exams in may. Just study well. Do not procrastinate! Get some real work done.

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »
^ Please keep your doubts/questions to your thread, this thread is for sharing studying techniques and if you can then go ahead.
I would prefer if we don't switch from the main topic.
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Sara H

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 06:48:41 pm »
    hey, so i just joined this forum to ask this question. my arabic alevel edexcel exam will be in may which is pretty soon, so please anyone your prompt reply will be appreciated!
    i checked the pastpapers (unit 1 and unit 2)/(AS and A2) and they're very easy and alhamdulilla i'm able to solve all the questions, but when i reached the last section (sectionC) in unit 2 paper (which is A2) i found some problems: there are certain texts by najeeb ma7fooz and kaleela wa domna and ebn el moqaffa3, and some questions on these novels, so what i'd like to know is do we have to read those novels? will the questions this year come from the same novels or other ones that i have to have a grasp on already?
    please reply asap since i'm already late!
    thanks in advance.

Offline seasmith

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »
the other day when I was revising i really couldn't concentrate and I found some very good websites with lots of advice in them. they normally tell you specific things you can do not to get distracted. I had like 3 that were really good, but now I cannot find 2 of them.

So here is a link to the only one i still have: www.stressintofocus.com , I hope it helps you, because it did help me a lot! By the way, do not ignore the ebook, it has got some really good stuff!!! hope u find it useful, i really did!

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:40 am »
    hey, so i just joined this forum to ask this question. my arabic alevel edexcel exam will be in may which is pretty soon, so please anyone your prompt reply will be appreciated!
    i checked the pastpapers (unit 1 and unit 2)/(AS and A2) and they're very easy and alhamdulilla i'm able to solve all the questions, but when i reached the last section (sectionC) in unit 2 paper (which is A2) i found some problems: there are certain texts by najeeb ma7fooz and kaleela wa domna and ebn el moqaffa3, and some questions on these novels, so what i'd like to know is do we have to read those novels? will the questions this year come from the same novels or other ones that i have to have a grasp on already?
    please reply asap since i'm already late!
    thanks in advance.

It's has been a long time since you have posted but I would like to offer some advice. Try emailing the Edexcel experts for GCE Arabic. You can google their contact details. If this doesn't work, try asking your teachers. Hope this helps.