Author Topic: business AS LEVEL P1  (Read 1544 times)

Offline RAMLA

business AS LEVEL P1
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:05:40 am »
pls everyone HELP IN this 20mark question m/j 2010

discuss how the activity of business might be constrained by ethical issues?

Offline ~cornelia~

• ~patience*
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • ~when one life meets another~something new is born
Re: business AS LEVEL P1
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:44:35 am »
it means how business activity (production) can be limited/ controlled by ethical issues (moral issues)?

for example,
if a toy company wants to sell a new brand of toy, do you think its ethical (moral) to advertise the toy when parents can barely afford them?

it could decrease the sales of the business if the manager decided it wasnt a 'nice thing to do' to advertise. same goes in industries, if manager decides to improve the working conditions even if he is not needed to do so by law. he is acting ethically and this can increase costs of the business and reduce chances of (constraint) business activity!

i hope that makes sense...you just have to explain it in ur answer, looking at both good and bad sides of the arguement, give an example and provide final conclusion
 :D

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
Mark Twain

Offline DidiAhmed

Re: business AS LEVEL P1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:32:49 am »
In 2008 ASDA announced plans to build 1 billion pounds worth online business. It now sells foods, fashion and furniture online through its direct catalogue. Which of the following marketing mix refers to the decision?
 a) promotion b)price c) place d) product
 according to my teacher 'place' is the answer. Is this the correct answer ? Can someone explain me why?