Author Topic: Internet  (Read 5210 times)

Offline avin

• SF Immigrant
Internet
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »
Can i know what is ISP DNS?

My internet has 2 of this number so is it means that there are 2 person using the same modem?

By the way, may i know is there any way to restrict the quota (limit) for a person who is using Wifi (modem) for a day?

Pls help me as i have a roommate who is sharing the Wifi with me but he use a lot yet didnt pay for few months.

Thanks!!

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
Re: Internet
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »
Can i know what is ISP DNS?

My internet has 2 of this number so is it means that there are 2 person using the same modem?

By the way, may i know is there any way to restrict the quota (limit) for a person who is using Wifi (modem) for a day?

Pls help me as i have a roommate who is sharing the Wifi with me but he use a lot yet didnt pay for few months.

Thanks!!

ISP is the internet service provider. The company that provides you with internet.

And DNS is the domain name service. And domain name is the name of the website. So when you wanna connect to a website , you will have to enter its IP. But DNS allows you to enter its name instead of IP and once you enter the website name , this is converted to IP by the DNS. So It makes it easier to remember website names instead of IP'S

And for wi-fi, you can set-up a password so that he cant access or if you already have it then change the password.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:56:55 pm by Most UniQue™ »

Offline avin

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:04:42 pm »
no i just want him to be restricted when he had exceeded a certain limit only. Is it possible?

Can i check how many user for the modem by using ISP DNS (which i can get from my modem system)?

Offline Star xD

• SF Senior Citizen
  • I'm back, with a bang. :)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:37:03 am »
no i just want him to be restricted when he had exceeded a certain limit only. Is it possible?

Can i check how many user for the modem by using ISP DNS (which i can get from my modem system)?

No, he can't be restricted to a certain limit, then you will  be restricted to the same limit too.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 05:33:24 pm »
I think you should check this link, it's a post by lifehacker explaining the solution of a similar problem.
http://lifehacker.com/5738123/how-can-i-find-out-if-someones-using-my-wireless-network
It might be helpful. :)
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 05:48:25 pm »
If your bandwidth is unlimited (no download limit), then its okay.
in October only, I've downloaded +170GB, and haven't pay any extra fee, because my bandwidth is unlimited.
certain limit of what? downloads? time online???

Offline andryaa

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 06:25:43 am »
This one is common name of internet usage.
DSN nothing but a tracking IP address device which will different for each and every system

Offline AndrianaGor

• Andriana
  • I love history, architecture. I love to travel aro
    • logitechg502
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 02:31:41 am »
You can't do without professionals in any business.
Want to keep up with trends and develop an advanced solution for your business? I recommend our website Avenga https://www.avenga.com/offering/technology-consulting/ .
Avenga offers all the tools you need to customize CRM software for any device, whether it's a website or a mobile device, to fit your specific financial industry needs.
Streamline your processes and simplify your business operations and services with CRM solutions designed specifically for your finance company.

Offline danielcooks1991

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2022, 10:46:05 am »
My Bathroom Tiling Edmonton has 2 of this number