Author Topic: Feminism  (Read 5092 times)

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
Feminism
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:33:41 pm »
Some say debating is not about opinions, but this is a very arbitrary matter that s highly influenced by opinion, so I personally don't mind opinions being posted as long as they aren't decietful assertions.

Anyway, to get to the point.

What is the use of femenism and 'women's rights' in the Western world today? Hasn't the fememnist goals been achieved long ago? What about 'men's rights'?

Aren't fememnists just trying to replace men? To switch their roles?

I suppose to an extent it's good to break out the mold and the stereotype, but shouldn't there be a limit to which an entire gender can rebel against their roles? Mothers can't be fathers and fathers mothers. Sometimes this situation is forced upon a single-arents family because of death of either spouse, but its certainly not ideal to reverse roles.

What do you think?

I have to right an argumentative essay and will appreciate good arguments. Don't worry, will tell my teacher that I didn't come up with all the idea myself.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:29:40 pm by ~Alpha »
You cannot do it by yourself. Dial B-I-B-L-E for help.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Femenism
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:31 pm »
Women have been mistreated for all history and feminism is just history being rightef

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:04:13 pm »
Yes but hasn't the battle for women's rights been won ages ago, in the Western world at least?

Should today's generation of men be punished for what their far off fore-fathers did?

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:34 pm »
I don't support feminism, or at least the hardcore feminists who want to impress that women are superheroes and men are rabid animals who are only important for sexual and reproductive use. Yes, this is a girl talking who strongly believes in the sexual hype of men and also the need for women rights Roll Eyes Because my take on male-female equality is different from that of feminism. Male-female equality is not about both being capable of exactly the same activities, because it's scientifically untrue. Our biological make-up as well as psychological approaches differ sufficiently to influence how we approach family, work and life in itself. Yes, women can beat the stuffing out of a guy but put a 'regular' guy against a 'regular' girl, the girl will be defeated. Yes, a woman can be logical and mentally stronger than a man but put a 'regular' guy against a 'regular' girl, a woman is likely to be emotionally erred and a man is not. I mean, there are more connections to the hypothalamus (dealing with emotions and hormone release) in women than men, is that not enough scientific proof? We're different.

Male-female equality is something like this. 6+4=5+5, correct. Both sides of the equation are equal, but they're not identical. A woman has different strengths than a man. A man can't get pregnant, deliver a baby, breastfeed it, obviously. And since he can't accommodate this biological and social role of the human civilization, how do you expect that a woman's and a man's performance in society in all possible fields will be identical? Suitable? Practical? It's a stupid idea the feminists have, and it demeans women imo rather than bring them up.

I don't think that women have attained equality in the Western society, or even in the Eastern society. There are several faces to the problem, but do you gauge women free in a society where they are priced based on their sex appeal? Other than a man's interest in a woman's looks in general, but in all fields, from entertainment to health services, women matter significantly because of their physical value. I'm not talking about hiring a woman who takes a bath and brushes her teeth white against a total slob, I'm talking about hiring someone with a larger bra size and someone who is prepared to be smacked on the butt by her boss than otherwise (please don't mind my language; this is totally for the sake of making a point). So to one of your points raised, no, women are not free. Sexual discrimination, of both men and women, occurs at large in organizations. Another example is the high rise of domestic violence and rape in the Western society. Yes, they are trying to tackle with this, but since these activities almost always target females, this is a clearcut example of a need for a better approach towards feminism. 1 out of 6 girls in the US were sexually exploited by their fathers in 1992. Yes, that's almost twenty years back but statistics have not greatly improved. I'm not saying boys or men are not exploited in this age of homosexuality becoming an acceptable idea, but girls, till date, are the subject of masculine frustration.

Finally, I'm going to seal my post with a simple appeal to feminists: one should not try to become men. We should be proud of being women, accept our natural roles in a society, and explore ourselves in different fields of study and work, as well as family life, working to create respect for our intelligence and philanthropy, not our breasts and buttocks. Being a homemaker is not an insult, it is an art and we need to appreciate all our potentials and not try to measure up to men; we just need to measure up to ourselves. We, as a counterpart of a species, are supposed to be self-sufficient in defining our identity.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:24:17 pm by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:34:48 pm »
Women in the west are not equal. They have better qualifications than men typically but still earn less on average.

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 08:07:53 am »
Male-female equality is not about both being capable of exactly the same activities, because it's scientifically untrue. Our biological make-up as well as psychological approaches differ sufficiently to influence how we approach family, work and life in itself.

A woman has different strengths than a man. A man can't get pregnant, deliver a baby, breastfeed it, obviously. And since he can't accommodate this biological and social role of the human civilization, how do you expect that a woman's and a man's performance in society in all possible fields will be identical? Suitable? Practical? It's a stupid idea the feminists have, and it demeans women imo rather than bring them up.

There are several faces to the problem.

Finally, I'm going to seal my post with a simple appeal to feminists: one should not try to become men. We should be proud of being women. Being a homemaker is not an insult, it is an art and we need to appreciate all our potentials and not try to measure up to men; we just need to measure up to ourselves. We, as a counterpart of a species, are supposed to be self-sufficient in defining our identity.

Yes! Those are my points too! Thank you!

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:00:46 am »
Why would women want to become men? We are headed for a worldwide shortage of women cos india and china have so many more men than women.
One day women will be able to stand all the men in a line, walking up and down deciding which supplicant to marry.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:50 pm »
Why would women want to become men? We are headed for a worldwide shortage of women cos india and china have so many more men than women.
One day women will be able to stand all the men in a line, walking up and down deciding which supplicant to marry.

Ask the women. Because all the efforts of feminism are to become like men. Feminism automatically assumes that raising children and taking care of a villa are worthless tasks and if we want to matter, we must assume roles males have in the society. Which, imo, is in no way going help in uplifting women, and is the very degradation of our natural and scientific qualities! Yes, we can have jobs. We can find a cure for AIDS or invent a new version of iPhone, but that doesn't mean that if a woman is more interested in preventing her children from becoming vigilantes and drug addicts, she's oppressed or useless. I know homemaking women who have businesses which they devote a certain time of their day to, the rest of their day spent in socializing and taking care of their kids. They don't have to put her price in terms of their body figures, they spend a great deal of their time at home and they're happy. I see that as intelligently focusing your potential, not backwardness.

For the latter point, with due respect that's a long way off. Although women are lesser in proportion to men in these two countries, all over the world women are more than men in population. Also, the only cause of a lesser woman to man ratio in China and India is foeticide and infanticide based on gender. In future these practices will hopefully decline and hence the population shift will be in favor of more women than men.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:00:54 pm by Chingoo »

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »
I think there are more women than men overall because there are more older women than older men. There are probably more younger men than younger women.
Bleak future for men in china and india. Maybe they will design a robot wife.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »
I don't support feminism, or at least the hardcore feminists who want to impress that women are superheroes and men are rabid animals who are only important for sexual and reproductive use. Yes, this is a girl talking who strongly believes in the sexual hype of men and also the need for women rights Roll Eyes Because my take on male-female equality is different from that of feminism. Male-female equality is not about both being capable of exactly the same activities, because it's scientifically untrue. Our biological make-up as well as psychological approaches differ sufficiently to influence how we approach family, work and life in itself. Yes, women can beat the stuffing out of a guy but put a 'regular' guy against a 'regular' girl, the girl will be defeated. Yes, a woman can be logical and mentally stronger than a man but put a 'regular' guy against a 'regular' girl, a woman is likely to be emotionally erred and a man is not. I mean, there are more connections to the hypothalamus (dealing with emotions and hormone release) in women than men, is that not enough scientific proof? We're different.

Male-female equality is something like this. 6+4=5+5, correct. Both sides of the equation are equal, but they're not identical. A woman has different strengths than a man. A man can't get pregnant, deliver a baby, breastfeed it, obviously. And since he can't accommodate this biological and social role of the human civilization, how do you expect that a woman's and a man's performance in society in all possible fields will be identical? Suitable? Practical? It's a stupid idea the feminists have, and it demeans women imo rather than bring them up.

I don't think that women have attained equality in the Western society, or even in the Eastern society. There are several faces to the problem, but do you gauge women free in a society where they are priced based on their sex appeal? Other than a man's interest in a woman's looks in general, but in all fields, from entertainment to health services, women matter significantly because of their physical value. I'm not talking about hiring a woman who takes a bath and brushes her teeth white against a total slob, I'm talking about hiring someone with a larger bra size and someone who is prepared to be smacked on the butt by her boss than otherwise (please don't mind my language; this is totally for the sake of making a point). So to one of your points raised, no, women are not free. Sexual discrimination, of both men and women, occurs at large in organizations. Another example is the high rise of domestic violence and rape in the Western society. Yes, they are trying to tackle with this, but since these activities almost always target females, this is a clearcut example of a need for a better approach towards feminism. 1 out of 6 girls in the US were sexually exploited by their fathers in 1992. Yes, that's almost twenty years back but statistics have not greatly improved. I'm not saying boys or men are not exploited in this age of homosexuality becoming an acceptable idea, but girls, till date, are the subject of masculine frustration.

Finally, I'm going to seal my post with a simple appeal to feminists: one should not try to become men. We should be proud of being women, accept our natural roles in a society, and explore ourselves in different fields of study and work, as well as family life, working to create respect for our intelligence and philanthropy, not our breasts and buttocks. Being a homemaker is not an insult, it is an art and we need to appreciate all our potentials and not try to measure up to men; we just need to measure up to ourselves. We, as a counterpart of a species, are supposed to be self-sufficient in defining our identity.
Excellent. Totally agree. (:
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »
Bleak future for men in china and india. Maybe they will design a robot wife.

Haha! Indeed.

But they wouldn't have that problem if they didn't abort their unborn or kill and abandon their born girl babies.

As Chingoo said:
Also, the only cause of a lesser woman to man ratio in China and India is foeticide and infanticide based on gender.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »
I was being serious about a robot wife.  One day we will have household robots. One company will put lipsrick and a skirt on theirs.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »
I was being serious about a robot wife.  One day we will have household robots. One company will put lipsrick and a skirt on theirs.

Well that's more complicated than putting lipstick and shirt on a metal body...with due respect, considering an important reason for men and women to form partnerships is sex, a sharp decline in female population could mean legally and openly selling basically masturbatory tools. Which just makes you sick in the stomach.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »
Such things are sold anyway.
As for population,it is probably good that the population will probably start to decline at some point, but I think we will go too far.
One day the whole human race will consist of two old women sitting on a porch in a deserted city talking about all their dead friends.

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:09 am »
Apparently the population of Europe is starting to decline anyway.

The world isn't overpopulated, its just under-fed. Overpopulation is an excuse for nuclear war and food regulation.