Author Topic: ~ACCA-career advice needed~  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
~ACCA-career advice needed~
« on: September 04, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »
ok
so i kind-of changed my plans from actuary and i'm planning to go for accounting professions
i taught the best course will be Acca
if there is any other which are for accountants,please do tell me about it?
i'm planning on dropping economics in A-level since i have no interest for it
but i'm taking Accounts,Mathematics(pure maths and statistics) and Business Studies!
are my subjects good for the field?
If Acca is a good course,how long is the course and a few more details about it will help me?

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: ~ACCA-career advice needed~
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:52:48 pm »
Those subjects will be ok, but acca is not a rigorous qualification. You will be better off taking an accountancy degree or finance.
I think acca is anyway only 1 year.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:24:30 pm »
Those subjects will be ok, but acca is not a rigorous qualification. You will be better off taking an accountancy degree or finance.
I think acca is anyway only 1 year.
most of my teachers said it s a really good qualification
and it not 1 year--------maybe 3-4 years!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »
I may be wrong but it is anyway not academic only vocational. You are better of with degree but that may be more expensive and you cannot study while you work.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 08:35:38 pm »
I may be wrong but it is anyway not academic only vocational. You are better of with degree but that may be more expensive and you cannot study while you work.
ok
i check other finance courses aswell!

Offline hixam

• SF Immigrant
  • Provide all kind of material via online.
    • hixamstudies
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:54:48 am »
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD COURSE! I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH OTHERS. OFCOURSE YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DO A PART TIME WORK, SINCE YOUR STUDYING A CHARTED ACCOUNTANT AND QUITE DIFFICULT FOR PART TIME WITH STUDYING.

ACCA students who have completed Fundamentals Level (Knowledge module and Skills module) of the ACCA examinations will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Hons). IN SHORT DEGREE WITHIN 1 AND HALF YEAR.

Duration
•2 years with CAT qualification (Full-time basis)
•1½ years with a degree from an ACCA-accredited institution (Part-time basis)
•2½ years with STPM / A-Level (Full-time basis)

Most students attempt from 2 to 3 papers each semester and thus graduate in 3 years.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSE OF THE ACCOUNT STUDENTS. AND ALSO WELL PAID JOB.
THANK YOU

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »
ok
so i kind-of changed my plans from actuary and i'm planning to go for accounting professions
i taught the best course will be Acca
if there is any other which are for accountants,please do tell me about it?
i'm planning on dropping economics in A-level since i have no interest for it
but i'm taking Accounts,Mathematics(pure maths and statistics) and Business Studies!
are my subjects good for the field?
If Acca is a good course,how long is the course and a few more details about it will help me?

ACCA is a professional exam where they train u for work rather than academic knowledge like in universities , when u complete ACCA in 2 years u can take a job staight away. Its only & purely based on financial accounting so only take this if u very much like financial accounting(i.e recording / interpreting stuff) on its own.It has a lot of good job opportunities.

my advice is accounting alone cannot survive in near future , because most of the financial recordings are done by computerised systems nowadays , that accountants value is deminising , specially financial accounting. Another gud substitute to ACCA would be CIMA-(charterd institute of management accountancy) this is about management accountancy has 5 subjects basically aimed to help a person manage a business/ company. Management accountancy is all about using finacial accounts to predict future financial position of a firm.This qualification would enable you to get different jobs , not only the post of an accountant , bu manager , CEO etc.
I sujest u consider CIMA , if u complete CIMA you can aquire ACCA qualification by just paying the subscription , it shuld be noted however both requre annual subscriptions , thaugh both says they are non profit ;)
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:48:04 pm »
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD COURSE! I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH OTHERS. OFCOURSE YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DO A PART TIME WORK, SINCE YOUR STUDYING A CHARTED ACCOUNTANT AND QUITE DIFFICULT FOR PART TIME WITH STUDYING.

ACCA students who have completed Fundamentals Level (Knowledge module and Skills module) of the ACCA examinations will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Hons). IN SHORT DEGREE WITHIN 1 AND HALF YEAR.

Duration
•2 years with CAT qualification (Full-time basis)
•1½ years with a degree from an ACCA-accredited institution (Part-time basis)
•2½ years with STPM / A-Level (Full-time basis)

Most students attempt from 2 to 3 papers each semester and thus graduate in 3 years.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSE OF THE ACCOUNT STUDENTS. AND ALSO WELL PAID JOB.
THANK YOU

yes
i spoke to my teacher!she said i  can do work after 2 years or something!
she said that it is the second best degree after CPA
ACCA is a professional exam where they train u for work rather than academic knowledge like in universities , when u complete ACCA in 2 years u can take a job staight away. Its only & purely based on financial accounting so only take this if u very much like financial accounting(i.e recording / interpreting stuff) on its own.It has a lot of good job opportunities.

my advice is accounting alone cannot survive in near future , because most of the financial recordings are done by computerised systems nowadays , that accountants value is deminising , specially financial accounting. Another gud substitute to ACCA would be CIMA-(charterd institute of management accountancy) this is about management accountancy has 5 subjects basically aimed to help a person manage a business/ company. Management accountancy is all about using finacial accounts to predict future financial position of a firm.This qualification would enable you to get different jobs , not only the post of an accountant , bu manager , CEO etc.
I sujest u consider CIMA , if u complete CIMA you can aquire ACCA qualification by just paying the subscription , it shuld be noted however both requre annual subscriptions , thaugh both says they are non profit ;)
its good=ACCA
im not interested in CIMA!
thanks for the advice dasith!