Author Topic: Signs of Laylat-Al-Qader.... <<<  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
Signs of Laylat-Al-Qader.... <<<
« on: August 22, 2011, 05:58:23 am »

Okay, so this is the third Ramadan I spend in SF and I've always posted the exact same thread about Laylat-Al-Qader and I pray everyone reads it because it's indeed a special thread. =]

What's Laylat-Al-Qader?

The word 'Qadr' means decree; 'Qadar' It also means ‘majesty’ or ‘high esteem’. Thus, Laylat al-Qadr, or the Night of Qadr means ‘Night of Decree’ or ‘the Night of Majesty.’

Laylat al-Qadr is a very blessed night. It is the best night of Ramadaan, rather the whole year. Rewards in this night are multiplied to equal the worship of one thousand months. It is the night, which Allah chose to send down the Qur'aan to the lowest heaven, from where it was revealed in small parts to the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

Laylat al-Qadr is the night, when Allah decrees His wise ordainment, matters of life, death, sustenance, disaster, etc. and the angels descend with these decrees: “Verily! We have sent this (Qur'aan) down in the Night of al-Qadr. And what will make you know what Night of Qadr is? The Night of al-Qadr is better than one thousand months. In it the angels and the Spirit (Angel Jibreel alaihis-salaam) descend, by the Permission of Allah, with all decrees. Peace it is until the appearance of dawn.” [Soorah al-Qadr (97): 1-5]

And He says: “We have sent this (Qur'aan) down on a blessed night. Verily! We always warn (people from sinning). In it, every matter of ordainment is decreed by Our Command. Verily! We always send (the messengers for guidance). It is a Mercy from Your Lord; He is indeed All-Hearing, All-Knowing.” [Soorah ad-Dhukhan (44): 3-5]

When is Laylat al-Qadr?

The knowledge of the exact date of Laylat al-Qadr is hidden from us. Ubadah bin as-Samit t reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) walked into the Masjid (Prophet's mosque) and found two men arguing. He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “I was coming to tell you about (the time of) Laylat al-Qadr; when such and such men disputed, the knowledge of it was raised (taken); and this may be better for you. So seek it on the ninth, seventh, and fifth nights (after twenty).” [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

Various authentic reports indicate that Laylat al-Qadr falls on the nights of twenty first, twenty-third, twenty fifth, twenty seventh, twenty-ninth, or the last night of Ramadaan. Therefore, scholars differ regarding the exact date of Laylat al-Qadr, but definitely it falls on an odd night among the last ten nights of Ramadaan.

Note: Twenty-first night means the night preceding/coming before the twenty-first day of Ramadaan.

Scholars also differ whether Laylat al-Qadr always falls on a fixed night, or moves from year to year between nights. The safest approach is to follow the Ahadeeth, which instruct one to seek Layat alQadr (at least) on odd nights of the last ten days in Ramadaan.

The signs by which Laylat al-Qadr:

The First Sign: it was reported in Saheeh Muslim from the hadeeth of Ubayy ibn Ka’b (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) announced that one of its signs was that when the sun rose on the following morning, it had no (visible) rays. (Muslim, 762).

The Second Sign: it was reported from the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas narrated by Ibn Khuzaimah, and by al-Tayaalisi in his Musnad, with a saheeh isnaad, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Laylat al-Qadr is a pleasant night, neither hot nor cold, and the following day the sun rises red and weak.”(Saheeh Ibn Khuzaymah, 2912; Musnad al-Tayaalisi).

The Third Sign: it was reported by al-Tabaraani with a hasan isnaad from the hadeeth of Waathilah ibn al-Asqa’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Laylat al-Qadr is a bright night, neither hot nor cold, in which no meteors are seen.” Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer. See Majma‘ al-Zawaa’id, 3/179; Musnad Ahmad).

These three saheeh ahaadeeth explain the signs which indicate Laylat al-Qadr.

Every sincere believer is eager to stand in prayer during the Night of Power, aspiring the forgiveness of sins, as well as a great reward from Allah; because no one wants to miss a great deal of blessing by missing this night. The hadiths quoted above are evidence for the virtue of the night of Al-Qadr, as well as of performing Qiyam Al-Layl (night vigil prayer) during it. It is also clearly indicated that Allah has honored this night and made it better than a thousand months, which is equivalent to eighty-three years and four months! !!!!!!!!

So, one who would miss LaylatAl-Qadr, is a very unfortunate person indeed! This is how and why the Night of Power should become so special for worshippers, who strive hard to meet its blessings.

Abu Hurairah reported that the messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever stand in night prayer on Laylat Al-Qadr out of solely his true faith (iman) and seeks the divine reward, then his previous sins are forgiven." (Al-Bukhari.)

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
Re: Signs of Laylat-Al-Qader.... <<<
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:59:23 am »
Ok I'll repost! :P
Thank You!!!
+rep

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:57 am »
Ok I'll repost! :P
Thank You!!!
+rep

LOOOL sorry, but I hate this line at the end of my thread when I modify something 'last modified by....', so I re-post again. :P

Jazaka Allah khair for reading. Make sure to share this with your friends and family and let them all know the importance of this night.=]

Anyways here is the supplications:

Supplication: It is also recommended to make extensive supplications on the night of Laylat al-Qadr. Aa'ishah (radhi allahu anha) reported that she asked the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam): "O Messenger of Allah r! If I knew the night of Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say during it?” And he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) instructed her to say: “Allahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fa'fu anni” O Allah! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me.” [(saheeh) by Shaikh al-Albanee (Musnad Ahmad, Ibn Majah and at-Tirmidhee)]

It is further recommended to spend more time in worship during the night on which Laylat al-Qadr is likely to be. This calls for abandoning many worldly pleasures in order to secure the time and thoughts solely for Allah. Aa'ishah (radhi allahu anha) reported: “When the (last) ten days started, the Prophet of Allah would tighten his izar (i.e he stayed away from his wives in order to have more time for worship), spend the whole night awake (in prayer), and wake up his family.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

Every year..I sit and wait for this night. I witnessed the signs before...they were the best nights of my life. <3

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:33:54 am »
Thanks for sharing mony! +rep!

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord