Author Topic: ALL about Salat (Prayer) =D  (Read 11086 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
ALL about Salat (Prayer) =D
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:15:51 am »
10 Common Mistakes in Salat (Prayer)

Salat (Salah, Namaz) or Prayer is the most important pillar of Islam which will be questioned on the day of Resurrection. Performing Prayers is obligatory for every adult Muslim. Salah is a ritual prayer having prescribed conditions and one must perform Salaah while fulfilling those conditions. Many times we perform Prayers or Salah as a practice or a part of habit only but tend to forget the basic essence of Namaz and make many mistakes during Prayers. 10 common mistakes and errors in Prayers or Salah are discussed:

1. Delaying the Salah intentionally: While being busy in worldly affairs we often delay the Salah from its preferred time. This is the most common mistake in Prayer made by most of us. We think that Praying is last thing to do and we must attend to other matters first. Many workers delay Zuhr and Asr Prayer till night-time. Quran speaks strictly on guarding our Salat:

“Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e. Asr Prayers)” [2:238]

Here to safeguard the Salat means to perform it at its prescribed time and to be steadfast upon it.

Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A): Allah’s Messenger (P.B.U.H) said: “Whoever misses the Asr prayers (intentionally), then it is as if he lost his family and property.” [Al-Bukhari]

Another Hadith explains the importance of praying on time:

Narrated Abu Al-Malih (R.A): “We were with Buraidah in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, “Offer the Asr prayer early as the Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Whoever omits the Asr prayer, all his (good) deeds will be lost.” [Al-Bukhari]

2. Reciting Holy Quran fast in the Prayers: we must pause and take breaks while reciting Holy Quran during Salat. We should not recite the Surah’s so fast that that the verse get intermingled. One of the Hadith emphasizes this issue:

“The Prophet (P.B.U.H) used to pause after each verse of Surah al-Fatiha.["] [Abu Dawood]

3. Moving before the Imam in congregational prayers: one should not race with the imam i.e. try to move before the Imam or with the Imam because the correct ruling is when Imam says Allahu Akbar, then the person who’s following the Imam in Prayers should say Allahu Akbar. Not before Imam or with Imam. Like this Hadith of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) states:

“Surely the imam is there to be followed” [Muslim]

Another Hadith states:

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “Does not the one who raises his head before the Imam does fear that Allah would transform his head into a donkey’s head” [Muslim]

4. Performing the Salah hastily: Salat should be performed slowly and calmly. Rukoo or Sujood must be performed unhurriedly. In order to complete the Rukoo one must stay in Rukoo posture long enough to recite “Subhan Rabbi yal Adtheem” at least three times. In the same manner, for the Sujood the person should say “Subhan-na Rabbi yal-ala” three times slowly. This Hadith commands to complete the Rukoo and Sujood in proper manner:

The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said: “The worst thief is the one who steals from his own prayer.” People asked: ‘Messenger of Allah! How could one steal from his own prayer?’ He said: “By not completing its rukoo and sujood” [at-Tabarani]

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “He who does not complete his rukoo and sujood, his prayer is void” [Abu Dawood]

5. Gazing right, left or upward during Salat: While performing Salah, one should concentrate on looking to the point where the head is placed during Sujood rather than looking upwards. Because this may lose concentration. In the Hadith recorded by Sahih Muslim the Prophet (P.B.U.H) said:

“Let those who raise their gaze up during prayer stop doing so, or else their sights would not return to them” (i.e. they will lose their eyesight) [Muslim]

6. Performing Sujood improperly: most common mistake observed in Prayers is to perform Sujood by resting only the tip of head on floor.

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “I am commanded to prostrate on seven bones the forehead and the nose, the two hands [palms], the two knees, and the two feet” [Muslim]

How to perform Sujood (Prostration)

7. Not performing Prayers during illness or while traveling: The Prophet (P.B.U.H) always used to perform Prayers even during His last days before death. He (P.B.U.H) never neglected it even during combats. Prayer is obligatory and must be performed in any condition. If a person cannot perform ablution due to his illness then he may perform tayammum (dry ablution). If he cannot stand in prayer, he may perform Salah while sitting or even laying down. Same is the case while traveling. The person can combine 2 Salah while traveling i.e. Zuhr Prayer and Asr Prayer. or Maghrib Prayer and Isha Prayer.

8. Crossing in front of a person who is performing Salah:

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “Were the one who crosses in front of a praying person to know the consequences of doing so, he would have waited for forty better than to cross in front of him” [Bukhari]

9. Going to Mosque for performing Salah with rapid walk: when the time of Prayer has approached and some person has fear that he might miss his Salah; for the fear of that most of us try to walk quickly or run for the fear of missing some part of the prayer. This is not allowed according to Hadith:

The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said: “When prayer has already started, do not walk quickly to join in. Proceed calmly and reposefully; then join in whichever part you catch up, and complete whichever part you missed” [Bukhari and Muslim]

10. Eating food of bad smell before performing Prayers: consuming foods that have bad smell like the garlic or onion etc. should not be taken before the Salah because the bad smell may irritate the angels and the praying people.

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “He who eats from the smelly plant [garlic or onion], let him come not near our mosque; the angels are bothered by that which bothers men” [Muslim]

May Allah guide us to perform our Salah perfectly and help us to guard our Salat so when on the Day of Judgment we are questioned about our prayers, we may succeed. Ameen.

Source : http://www.islamicexperiences.com/2011/03/10-common-mistakes-in-prayer-salah.html

I'll add my OWN Opinion about certain things tomorrow =]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:02:10 pm by ~ Golden Girl ~ »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: 10 common mistakes in Prayer/Salah !
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:51 am »
Really imp. issue. =)
JazakAllah khair, sis. <3

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:16 am »
My comment on No.1 and 2 ;

No . 1 : if you noticed the Adhan starts with "Allah Akbar" not "Allah kabeer" the first one means Allah is the greatest where as the second one means Allah is great. In other words this itself means that whatever you're doing ,you should stop it and go pray since Allah is GREATER than Anything that you're occupied with. And another thing that you might have noticed is that you actually
emphasize on the fact that Allah is greatest by startig off your prayer by saying "Allah is the greatest".[/b

No. 2 :

if you look up the tafseer of the Quran i.e. the meaning of the Quran especially Surah Al-Fatiha  you will know why ;)

Here :

Servant says: Alhamdulillahi Rabb Al-alameen
Translation: Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds
Allah (S.W.T.) Says: My servant has praised me

Servant says: Al-Rahman Al-Raheem
Translation: The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Allah (S.W.T.) Says: My servent has extolled Me

Servant says: Malik Yawm Al-Deen
Translation: Master of the day of judgement
Allah (S.W.T.) Says: My servant has glorified Me

Servant says: Iyyaka naabudoo wa iyyaka nastaayeen
Translation: You Alone we worship and You Alone we ask for help
Allah (S.W.T.) Says: This is between Me and My servant and My servant shall have what he has asked for

Servant says: Ihdina al-siraut al mustaqeem; Siraut al-latheena an’aamta aalayhem; ghayr al-maghdoobi alayhem; wala al-dauleen
Translation: Show us the straight path; The path of those upon whom you have bestowed Your Grace; Not the path of those who have earned Your anger; Nor those who go astray
Allah (S.W.T.) Says: This is for My servant and My servant shall have what he has asked for

Source : http://nur313.wordpress.com/2006/06/29/surah-al-fatiha/

Some of the bida'a i.e. Things that the prophet didn't use to do but people started it off and others follow unkowningly such as

1. When you raise from Rukoo you should say " samia'a Allah liman hamidah" meaning Allah hears those who thank him , but what wrong is that many people say it while their hands are in a position that is as if they are making duaa which is NOT neccassry at all and it NOT something that the prophet used to do, I got to know it from an authentic book.  

2. When imam makes duaa and he's done usually people wipe their hands on their face ,that is NOT something that the prophet used to do.

EDIT: I added more ;D

If I remember anything else or perhaps want to add something I'll iA edit this post =D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:34:15 pm by ~ Golden Girl ~ »

Offline ~ Miss Relina ~

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Every rose has a thorn
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:41 am »
Salat (Salah, Namaz) or Prayer is the most important pillar of Islam which will be questioned on the day of Resurrection. Performing Prayers is obligatory for every adult Muslim. Salah is a ritual prayer having prescribed conditions and one must perform Salaah while fulfilling those conditions. Many times we perform Prayers or Salah as a practice or a part of habit only but tend to forget the basic essence of Namaz and make many mistakes during Prayers. 10 common mistakes and errors in Prayers or Salah are discussed:

1. Delaying the Salah intentionally: While being busy in worldly affairs we often delay the Salah from its preferred time. This is the most common mistake in Prayer made by most of us. We think that Praying is last thing to do and we must attend to other matters first. Many workers delay Zuhr and Asr Prayer till night-time. Quran speaks strictly on guarding our Salat:

“Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e. Asr Prayers)” [2:238]

Here to safeguard the Salat means to perform it at its prescribed time and to be steadfast upon it.

Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A): Allah’s Messenger (P.B.U.H) said: “Whoever misses the Asr prayers (intentionally), then it is as if he lost his family and property.” [Al-Bukhari]

Another Hadith explains the importance of praying on time:

Narrated Abu Al-Malih (R.A): “We were with Buraidah in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, “Offer the Asr prayer early as the Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Whoever omits the Asr prayer, all his (good) deeds will be lost.” [Al-Bukhari]

2. Reciting Holy Quran fast in the Prayers: we must pause and take breaks while reciting Holy Quran during Salat. We should not recite the Surah’s so fast that that the verse get intermingled. One of the Hadith emphasizes this issue:

“The Prophet (P.B.U.H) used to pause after each verse of Surah al-Fatiha.["] [Abu Dawood]

3. Moving before the Imam in congregational prayers: one should not race with the imam i.e. try to move before the Imam or with the Imam because the correct ruling is when Imam says Allahu Akbar, then the person who’s following the Imam in Prayers should say Allahu Akbar. Not before Imam or with Imam. Like this Hadith of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) states:

“Surely the imam is there to be followed” [Muslim]

Another Hadith states:

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “Does not the one who raises his head before the Imam does fear that Allah would transform his head into a donkey’s head” [Muslim]

4. Performing the Salah hastily: Salat should be performed slowly and calmly. Rukoo or Sujood must be performed unhurriedly. In order to complete the Rukoo one must stay in Rukoo posture long enough to recite “Subhan Rabbi yal Adtheem” at least three times. In the same manner, for the Sujood the person should say “Subhan-na Rabbi yal-ala” three times slowly. This Hadith commands to complete the Rukoo and Sujood in proper manner:

The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said: “The worst thief is the one who steals from his own prayer.” People asked: ‘Messenger of Allah! How could one steal from his own prayer?’ He said: “By not completing its rukoo and sujood” [at-Tabarani]

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “He who does not complete his rukoo and sujood, his prayer is void” [Abu Dawood]

5. Gazing right, left or upward during Salat: While performing Salah, one should concentrate on looking to the point where the head is placed during Sujood rather than looking upwards. Because this may lose concentration. In the Hadith recorded by Sahih Muslim the Prophet (P.B.U.H) said:

“Let those who raise their gaze up during prayer stop doing so, or else their sights would not return to them” (i.e. they will lose their eyesight) [Muslim]

6. Performing Sujood improperly: most common mistake observed in Prayers is to perform Sujood by resting only the tip of head on floor.

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “I am commanded to prostrate on seven bones the forehead and the nose, the two hands [palms], the two knees, and the two feet” [Muslim]

How to perform Sujood (Prostration)

7. Not performing Prayers during illness or while traveling: The Prophet (P.B.U.H) always used to perform Prayers even during His last days before death. He (P.B.U.H) never neglected it even during combats. Prayer is obligatory and must be performed in any condition. If a person cannot perform ablution due to his illness then he may perform tayammum (dry ablution). If he cannot stand in prayer, he may perform Salah while sitting or even laying down. Same is the case while traveling. The person can combine 2 Salah while traveling i.e. Zuhr Prayer and Asr Prayer. or Maghrib Prayer and Isha Prayer.

8. Crossing in front of a person who is performing Salah:

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “Were the one who crosses in front of a praying person to know the consequences of doing so, he would have waited for forty better than to cross in front of him” [Bukhari]

9. Going to Mosque for performing Salah with rapid walk: when the time of Prayer has approached and some person has fear that he might miss his Salah; for the fear of that most of us try to walk quickly or run for the fear of missing some part of the prayer. This is not allowed according to Hadith:

The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said: “When prayer has already started, do not walk quickly to join in. Proceed calmly and reposefully; then join in whichever part you catch up, and complete whichever part you missed” [Bukhari and Muslim]

10. Eating food of bad smell before performing Prayers: consuming foods that have bad smell like the garlic or onion etc. should not be taken before the Salah because the bad smell may irritate the angels and the praying people.

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: “He who eats from the smelly plant [garlic or onion], let him come not near our mosque; the angels are bothered by that which bothers men” [Muslim]

May Allah guide us to perform our Salah perfectly and help us to guard our Salat so when on the Day of Judgment we are questioned about our prayers, we may succeed. Ameen.

Source : http://www.islamicexperiences.com/2011/03/10-common-mistakes-in-prayer-salah.html

I'll add my OWN Opinion about certain things tomorrow =]

el7amdulliallah I've read it and wil try to go ahead isa
Jazak Alllah Kairan and keep it up
~~~Yarab everything turns alright at the end ~~~
    -----------Ameeeeeeeeeeen------------

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 08:35:26 pm »
el7amdulliallah I've read it and wil try to go ahead isa
Jazak Alllah Kairan and keep it up

InshAllah , May Allah be with you and bless you =]

Wa Jazaki  =D

InshAllah will do :)

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 12:09:01 am »
People rush a lot while praying where as they dont in the worldly matters.
We pray for our OWN benefit yet we do it in such wrong ways. Its weird how one does not want to be benefited in a good way.

It is said that when one prays he should keep in mind a few things which will make him pray in a better way and not rush and those are:
It might be your last prayer.
Pray as if Allah is in front of you and even if you cant see him, he is surely watching you.
Keep in mind that this prayer will be represented on the judgement day.

Thanks for sharing
Great info
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 12:13:22 am »
Your Information was beneficial too mashAllah =] + rep

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »
The levels of prayer

Ibnul-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah) said:

And mankind, with regard to their performance of prayer are in five levels:

The First: The level of the one who is negligent and wrongs his soul: He is the one who falls short in performing wudu (ablution) properly, performing the prayer upon its time and within its specified limits, and in fulfilling its essential pillars.

The Second: The one who guards his prayers upon their proper times and within their specified limits, fulfills their essential pillars and performs his wudu with care. However, his striving (in achieving the above) is wasted due whisperings in his prayer so he is taken away by thoughts and ideas.

The Third: The one who guards his prayers within the specified limits, fulfills their essential pillars and strives with himself to repel the whisperings, thoughts and ideas. He is busy struggling against his enemy (Shaytaanor Satan) so that he does not steal from the prayer. On account of this he is engaged in (both) prayer and jihaad.

The Fourth: The one who stands for the prayer, completes and perfects its due rights, its essential pillars, performs it within its specified limits and his heart becomes engrossed in safeguarding its rights and specified limits, so that nothing is wasted from it. His whole concern is directed towards its establishment, its completion and its perfection, as it should be. His heart is immersed in the prayer and in enslavement to his Lord the Exalted.

The Fifth: The one who stands for the prayer like the one mentioned above. However, on top of this, he has taken and placed his heart in front of his Lord Azzawajall, looking towards Him with his heart with anticipation, (his heart) filled with His love and His might, as if he sees and witnesses Allah . The whisperings, thoughts and ideas have vanished and the coverings which are between him and his Lord are raised. What is between this person and others with respect to the prayer, is superior and greater than what is between the heavens and the earth. This person is busy with his Lord Azzawajall, delighted with Him.

The First type will be punished, the second type will be held to account, the third will have his sins and shortcomings expiated, the fourth will be rewarded and the fifth will be close to his Lord, because he will receive the portion of the one who makes his prayer the delight and pleasure of his eye.
Whoever makes his prayer, the delight and pleasure of his eye, will have the nearness to his Lord Azzawajall made the delight and pleasure of his eye in the hereafter. He will also be made a pleasure to the eye in this world since whoever makes Allah the pleasure of his eye in this world, every other eye will become delighted and pleased with him.

Source: http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=ML1108-4800
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:35:55 pm by Ang3l »
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline ~ Miss Relina ~

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Every rose has a thorn
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »
The levels of prayer

Ibnul-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah) said:

And mankind, with regard to their performance of prayer are in five levels:

The First: The level of the one who is negligent and wrongs his soul: He is the one who falls short in performing wudu (ablution) properly, performing the prayer upon its time and within its specified limits, and in fulfilling its essential pillars.

The Second: The one who guards his prayers upon their proper times and within their specified limits, fulfills their essential pillars and performs his wudu with care. However, his striving (in achieving the above) is wasted due whisperings in his prayer so he is taken away by thoughts and ideas.

The Third: The one who guards his prayers within the specified limits, fulfills their essential pillars and strives with himself to repel the whisperings, thoughts and ideas. He is busy struggling against his enemy (Shaytaanor Satan) so that he does not steal from the prayer. On account of this he is engaged in (both) prayer and jihaad.

The Fourth: The one who stands for the prayer, completes and perfects its due rights, its essential pillars, performs it within its specified limits and his heart becomes engrossed in safeguarding its rights and specified limits, so that nothing is wasted from it. His whole concern is directed towards its establishment, its completion and its perfection, as it should be. His heart is immersed in the prayer and in enslavement to his Lord the Exalted.

The Fifth: The one who stands for the prayer like the one mentioned above. However, on top of this, he has taken and placed his heart in front of his Lord Azzawajall, looking towards Him with his heart with anticipation, (his heart) filled with His love and His might, as if he sees and witnesses Allah . The whisperings, thoughts and ideas have vanished and the coverings which are between him and his Lord are raised. What is between this person and others with respect to the prayer, is superior and greater than what is between the heavens and the earth. This person is busy with his Lord Azzawajall, delighted with Him.

The First type will be punished, the second type will be held to account, the third will have his sins and shortcomings expiated, the fourth will be rewarded and the fifth will be close to his Lord, because he will receive the portion of the one who makes his prayer the delight and pleasure of his eye.
Whoever makes his prayer, the delight and pleasure of his eye, will have the nearness to his Lord Azzawajall made the delight and pleasure of his eye in the hereafter. He will also be made a pleasure to the eye in this world since whoever makes Allah the pleasure of his eye in this world, every other eye will become delighted and pleased with him.

Source: http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=ML1108-4800
masallah reaaly helpful and also keeps in our minds any source of error in our prayers will affect our  relationship with our lord
Thanks a gain hope to read more about what can help us to  be more concentrating in prayers so that to be in  level five insha'allah  ???
~~~Yarab everything turns alright at the end ~~~
    -----------Ameeeeeeeeeeen------------

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:51 pm »
masallah reaaly helpful and also keeps in our minds any source of error in our prayers will affect our  relationship with our lord
Thanks a gain hope to read more about what can help us to  be more concentrating in prayers so that to be in  level five insha'allah  ???

Relina since you're an Arab ,I can direct you to an AMAZING Arabic Series about a guy telling us "Muslims" how to simply start ENJOYING Salah. Unfortunately I only know that it is available in Arabic ,but if I came to know that it is available also in English I won't hesitate to share it with EVERYONE  over here inshALLAH =D

Turns out that it is ALSO Available in ENGLISH but I think you should have a YouTube Channel..Alhamdulilah ya rab <3 <3

Here in English : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaqDg36NQw

Here is Arabic : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxzYEScHHs

[yt=425,350]nlaqDg36NQw[/yt]

P.S. 1. It is  a Series so it has MANY episodes ;)
       2. I don't know what it means by [ Turn on {CC} for English Subtitles ]
       3. I haven't watched it but I heard that it is AWESOME and my sis watched the WHOEL thing and now her Salah is much better mashAllah =]

Don't forget to include me in your Prayers =D

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:11:53 pm by ~ Golden Girl ~ »

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 11:53:21 pm »
^ There is CC button for turning on/off the sub-titles. Its some where in the video bar.

Thanks for sharing. I'll try my best to watch it whenever possible.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 11:54:13 pm »
Aha Okay =D

You're Welcome =]

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:56 am »
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful & Compassionate

The Prophet said in this regard: ” The first thing that will be judged among a person’s deeds on the Day of Resurrection is the prayer. If that is in good order, he will pass the test and prosper, and it that is defective, he will fail the test and will be a loser. (Tirmidhi)

When Ali was asked about a woman who did not pray, he replied,”The one who does not pray is an unbeliever.” Ibn Mas’ood said that the one who does not pray has no religion, and Ibn Abbas said,”The one who leaves off a single prayer will find,when he meets Allah Most High, that He is angry with him.”

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
ALL about Salat (Prayer) =D
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 10:57:40 pm »
Salah (Prayer) mentioned in the Quran

I'll merge the threads don't worry ::) :P

from a Facebook page names Salah (Prayer) from Quran

1) Establishing Salah Develops Taqwa (Fear and Awareness of Allah)

“This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guidance for those who have Taqwa; who believe in the unseen, and who establish Salah, and spend out of what we have provided for them” (Surah Baqarah 2: 2-3)

2) Salah Is the Sign of a Believer.

“The believers, men and women, are protecting friends of one another; they enjoin good and forbid evil, and they establish Salah, and give Zakah, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them, and surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.” (Surah Tawba 9: 71)

3) Establishing Salah Leads to Allah’s Eternal Blessings.

“So whatever you have been given is but (a passing) enjoyment for this worldly life, but that which is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord. And those who avoid the great sins and lewdness, and when they are angry, they forgive. And those who answer the Call of their Lord, and perform the Salah, and who conduct their affairs by mutual consultation, and who spend of what We have bestowed on them.” (Surah Ash-Shura 42:36-38)

4) Those Who Pray Shall Have Nothing to Fear on the Day of Judgment.

“Truly, those who believe and do righteous deeds, and perform Salah, and give Zakah, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” (Surah Baqarah 2:277)

5) Remain in Allah’s remembrance after prayer.

“When have finished performing the Salah, remember Allah standing, sitting, and reclining, but when you are free from danger, perform the Salah. Surely, Salah is enjoined on the believers at fixed times.” (Surah Nisaa 4:103)

6) Command to Pray with Congregation.

“And establish Salah and give Zakah, and bow down (in worship) along with those who bow down (in worship)” (Surah Baqarah 2:43)

7) Special Command Regarding Punctuality of Prayer.

“Guard strictly the Salah, especially the middle Salah. And stand before Allah with devotion (obedience).” (Surah Baqarah 2:238)

8 ) Allah’s Help Comes Through Salah.

“Seek help through patience and Salah; truly it is extremely difficult except for the humble true believers.” (Surah Baqarah 2:45)

“Oh you who believe! Seek help through patience and Salah. Truly, Allah is with those who are patient.” (Surah Baqarah 2:153)

9) Shaytaan (The Devil) Tries His Best in Finding Ways to Take You Away from Salah

“Shaytaan desires only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from Salah. So will you then not abstain (from these evils)?” (Surah Maeda 5:91)

10) Prayer Protects Against Evils.

“Recite that which has been revealed to you of the Book, and perform Salah. Verily, Salah prevents from lewdness and evils. And indeed, the remembrance of Allah (by you) is greatest. And Allah knows what you do.” (Surah Ankaboot 29:45)

11) Friendship Should Be with Those Who Pray.

“Indeed, your Guardian ( Ally / Protecting friend/ Helper ) is none other than Allah, His Messenger, and the Believers who establish Salah, give Zakaat, and bow down (in prayer). (Surah Maeda 5: 55)

Precisely the Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150273900034656&set=a.10150273899869656.350316.256175319655&type=1

I'M OUT of colors LOL XD :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:03:17 pm by ~ Golden Girl ~ »

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
Re: ALL about Salat (Prayer) =D
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 05:20:21 am »
In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful the Most Compassionate
All praise be to Allah, and may peace and blessings be upon the most noble of the Prophets and Messengers

1- The Prophet pbuh says that: Salaat is the pillar of deen and the foundation of Islam. He who upholds salah has upheld Islam and he who leaves salah has left behind religion. (al-baihaqi)

2 – Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said “The person that observes prayer properly, the prayer itself, blesses him with good wishes.”

The importance of salah

Salah (prayer) is one of the five pillars of Islam. Such is that importance of salah that unlike any other commandment, Allah called the Prophet (pbuh) to the heavens to proscribe him with the five daily prayers. Initially, the commandment was for fifty prayers a day, but fearing that this would become a burden to the Ummah, the Prophet (pbuh) requested for it to be brought down to just five. Despite this, the rewards for keeping the prayers are as if we had prayed all fifty.

The daily prayers are a way for us to keep a close connection to our Creator. It is through salah that we can get our suplications answered and our needs fulfilled. When the companions of the Prophet (pbuh) were in need, they would turn to Allah in prayer. Salah is a way for us to show a commitment to our faith. Everytime we pray salah, we renew our commitment to Allah and relieve ourselves from the pressures of our daily lives.