Author Topic: Help Plzz !! I wanted to ask for ur advice abt which field of engineering is bst  (Read 2101 times)

Offline jooly

I knw tht engineering is gnna the best since my highest scores are in physics and math !! but im quite confused at which field shall i specialize in !! Also i aim 4 studyin' in the uk !! but i dnt hv a clear idea abt which universities are the best for studying engineering !!

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
There are various branches for example: Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, Chemical, Petroleum etc.
Do a research on each field and see which suits your taste best. ;)
As far as I know, Imperial is best for Engineering in UK. :D
But, competition is really tough. ;)
Choose your field first then find the universities you want to apply to. :)
All the very best, dear! :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
I knw tht engineering is gnna the best since my highest scores are in physics and math !! but im quite confused at which field shall i specialize in !! Also i aim 4 studyin' in the uk !! but i dnt hv a clear idea abt which universities are the best for studying engineering !!

Use the Guardian University Guide to compare your choices of university according to Subject (engineering): www.guardian.co.uk/education/universityguide

You should specialize in the field which you are interested in. :)

Offline jooly

There are various branches for example: Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, Chemical, Petroleum etc.
Do a research on each field and see which suits your taste best. ;)
As far as I know, Imperial is best for Engineering in UK. :D
But, competition is really tough. ;)
Choose your field first then find the universities you want to apply to. :)
All the very best, dear! :D

Do u hv an idea abt wht extracurricular activities does such universities require ??!! I hv a serious problem because i hate all kinds of sports and ive heard that Sports activities are quite essential in these activities :S and Thanks for ur suggestion :) best of luck 2 u 2 ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Do u hv an idea abt wht extracurricular activities does such universities require ??!! I hv a serious problem because i hate all kinds of sports and ive heard that Sports activities are quite essential in these activities :S and Thanks for ur suggestion :) best of luck 2 u 2 ;)

Honestly, I am not sure about the extra-curricular activities.

~First, decide which field you want to specialize in.
Most engineers have a four-year bachelor's degree in their field of study. Degrees in electrical, mechanical and civil engineering are the most common.
Students learn how to create and alter electrical circuits, electrical motors, generators and transformers. Simply put, they work on anything that uses electricity. Mechanical engineering is a broader discipline. Students learn how to design and build engines and machines, ranging from fighter jets to watches. Concepts of energy, motion and force are essential. Civil engineering deals with the planning, design and upkeep of society's infrastructure. Sub-disciplines include structural, urban and environmental engineering.

Two other common engineering degrees are chemical and computer engineering. Chemical engineering is necessary for converting raw materials into more useful products – like oil into gas. Unlike other engineering disciplines, there's an extra focus on chemistry. These engineers must be familiar with a broad range of science and technology. Computer engineering has been around for roughly 40 years and it's continuously changing amid the wide variety of newly available technologies. Students become familiar with computer architecture, networks and robotics. In addition to the aforementioned degrees, students may also be interested in industrial, biomedical, aerospace, and agricultural engineering.

http://www.engineeringdegree.net/types-of-engineering-degrees/

Try this: http://www.top-engineering-schools.com/types-of-engineering.html

~Then, decide your University choice to meet their application requirements. ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/universityguide

As Stylish Executive mentioned. ^

Good luck! =]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:04:13 pm by Jerry || Romeesa »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.