Author Topic: ~ STOP GLOBAL WARMING ~ *SMALL STEPS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE*  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
~STOP Global Warming

~What is Global Warming?
The Earth as an ecosystem is changing, attributable in great part to the effects of globalization and man. More carbon dioxide is now in the atmosphere than has been in the past 650,000 years. This carbon stays in the atmosphere, acts like a warm blanket, and holds in the heat — hence the name ‘global warming.’
The reason we exist on this planet is because the earth naturally traps just enough heat in the atmosphere to keep the temperature within a very narrow range – this creates the conditions that give us breathable air, clean water, and the weather we depend on to survive. Human beings have begun to tip that balance. We’ve overloaded the atmosphere with heat-trapping gasses from our cars and factories and power plants. If we don’t start fixing the problem now, we’re in for devastating changes to our environment. We will experience extreme temperatures, rises in sea levels, and storms of unimaginable destructive fury. Recently, alarming events that are consistent with scientific predictions about the effects of climate change have become more and more commonplace.
Environmental Destruction
The massive ice sheets in the Arctic are melting at alarming rates. This is causing the oceans to rise. That’s how big these ice sheets are! Most of the world’s population lives on or near the coasts. Rising ocean levels, an estimated six feet over the next 100 years or sooner, will cause massive devastation and economic catastrophe to population centers worldwide.
Health Risks
Malaria. Dengue Fever. Encephalitis. These names are not usually heard in emergency rooms and doctors’ offices in the United States. But if we don’t act to curb global warming, they will be. As temperatures rise, disease-carrying mosquitoes and rodents spread, infecting people in their wake. Doctors at the Harvard Medical School have linked recent U.S. outbreaks of dengue fever, malaria, hantavirus and other diseases directly to climate change.
Catastrophic Weather
Super powerful hurricanes, fueled by warmer ocean temperatures are the “smoking gun” of global warming. Since 1970, the number of category 4 and 5 events has jumped sharply. Human activities are adding an alarming amount of pollution to the earth’s atmosphere causing catastrophic shifts in weather patterns. These shifts are causing severe heat, floods and worse.
Take Action!
The Stop Global Warming calculator shows you how much carbon dioxide you can prevent from being released into the atmosphere and how much money you can save by making some small changes in your daily life. It’s our hope that the calculator will promote action, awareness and empowerment by showing you that one person can make a difference and help stop global warming.

~Here is a list of few things that you can do to make a difference:
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/take-action/action-items/

~IMP: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Do your part to reduce waste by choosing reusable products instead of disposables. Buying products with minimal packaging (including the economy size when that makes sense for you) will help to reduce waste. And whenever you can, recycle paper, plastic, newspaper, glass and aluminum cans. If there isn't a recycling program at your workplace, school, or in your community, ask about starting one. By recycling half of your household waste, you can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide annually.

~Benefits of planting native trees
1.   They help stop global warming by reducing greenhouse gases
2.   They reduce soil erosion and water pollution
3.   They provide habitat for native wildlife (including songbirds)
4.   They improve human health by producing oxygen and improving air quality
5.   They reduce home energy needs by providing shade in summer and a windbreak in winter

*Source:  http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/learn/

*Further Reading:

http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1206_041206_global_warming.html

http://globalwarming-facts.info/50-tips.html

http://www.bluemarble4us.com/

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
Re: ~ STOP GLOBAL WARMING ~ *SMALL STEPS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE*
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:17:47 pm »
Oh FINALLY someone who raised this issue!

Global Warming is KILLING us! In Jeddah, KSA where it rains once or twice a year...this year it rained more than 10 times and one of the times it caused a FLOOD. You can have a look at the following pictures : http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article243502.ece

It even rained in May this year both in Egypt and KSA, which never happened before.

People are dying in winter of coldness and others are dying in summer because of heat.

Wastage of electricity is harming our environment and is another reason for global warming.

We need to start from NOW or else God knows till when we will survive or till the when our children will when this earth is gone.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:24:02 pm »
No one really realises how big this issue is O_O

Where I live, things are wasted as if there is an endless supply or without thinking that its harming our environment.
No steps are taken to recycle stuff or raising awareness about this issue O_O

If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »
^Thank you fer reading, chere.  :-*
This was the thread I told you I was gonna make! :P ;)

Even switching off the lights when leaving the room, switching TV from the main supply and even closing tap while brushing teeth can make a BIG difference.

*Please watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VBeiJ_YNn8

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »
A GREAT useful thread indeed and we SHOULD ALL contribute to this.

Yes, by switching the lights off, the tv, ESPECIALLY the AC and I do understand it is summer but please if you feel so hot try taking a shower and not having the AC on all day.

I have a friend of mine who thinks 'Global Warming is fun'. I mean seriously if you don't mind that you DIE then that's your own choice BUT this environment is NOT YOURS alone because another billions share it with you. You wanna die? Jump from a cliff but don't threaten the life of billions of humans, animals and the next generation just because global warming is 'fun'.

And we ARE ALL responsible to this land we are living in. We should STOP destroying it and wasting water, electricity and other resources that God gave us. We should reserve, reduce and recycle.

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »
^Thank you fer reading, chere.  :-*
This was the thread I told you I was gonna make! :P ;)

Even switching off the lights when leaving the room, switching TV from the main supply and even closing tap while brushing teeth can make a BIG difference.

*Please watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VBeiJ_YNn8
Okay :P

Yeah I know, I do that
I even don't like wasting too much paper and in my school its like paper is never gonna end or the resources from which it is made are infinite.
Sometimes if i am printing something and it goes wrong then i'll spend like half hour on thinking how to reuse it or waste less paper and my bro says "okay, waste your time thinking how to not waste this paper"  ::)

But in the end i am successful in not wasting it :D
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »
A GREAT useful thread indeed and we SHOULD ALL contribute to this.

Yes, by switching the lights off, the tv, ESPECIALLY the AC and I do understand it is summer but please if you feel so hot try taking a shower and not having the AC on all day.

I have a friend of mine who thinks 'Global Warming is fun'. I mean seriously if you don't mind that you DIE then that's your own choice BUT this environment is NOT YOURS alone because another billions share it with you. You wanna die? Jump from a cliff but don't threaten the life of billions of humans, animals and the next generation just because global warming is 'fun'.

And we ARE ALL responsible to this land we are living in. We should STOP destroying it and wasting water, electricity and other resources that God gave us. We should reserve, reduce and recycle.

True and I dont like how sometimes in countries people play this water fight, its all over TV And even the tomato and food fight O_O
Cmon, there are people dying for food and here people are throwing it on each other just to have fun  :o

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
Okay :P

Yeah I know, I do that
I even don't like wasting too much paper and in my school its like paper is never gonna end or the resources from which it is made are infinite.
Sometimes if i am printing something and it goes wrong then i'll spend like half hour on thinking how to reuse it or waste less paper and my bro says "okay, waste your time thinking how to not waste this paper"  ::)

But in the end i am successful in not wasting it :D

hahahahahahahaha! This is so CUTE. :P

LOOOL I remember I was in the photocopying room and another friend of mine was photocopying and I told her to have the paper back-to-back rather than printing it on 2 papers to reduce global warming and she replied :

'It's not I who will make the difference'.  ::) It's great how most people think that. ::)

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »
hahahahahahahaha! This is so CUTE. :P

LOOOL I remember I was in the photocopying room and another friend of mine was photocopying and I told her to have the paper back-to-back rather than printing it on 2 papers to reduce global warming and she replied :

'It's not I who will make the difference'.  ::) It's great how most people think that. ::)
I know right, I dont like it when people dont print back to back O_O whats the benefit of having 10 pages rather than 5  ::)
There are people like that but "we" live on this land and its our responsibility to save it or protect it

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:54:56 pm by Ang3l »

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »
I hate it when people think that paper is endless. Killing and cutting down those poor trees!  >:(

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 01:18:54 pm »
You realised this too early. ::)

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
You realised this too early. ::)

Haha, so funny. ::)

It's never too late.

Just raising an awareness. ::)

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »
We should stop wasting things before making the world realise about the meltdown. Everybody knows about it anyone and yet we be so careless. This is how life goes. We just can't stop now, can we ? One day or the other everything is gonna end so we must try to do the minimal damage. (:

This is something like, we know the world is gonna end and we're out there to delay it -vain-. We can do other productive things in the time being. ::)

No offense. I myself try not to waste anything. 
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »
lol, global warming is nothing but a big hoax.

http://ilovecarbondioxide.com/

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 01:46:09 pm »
lol, global warming is nothing but a big hoax.

http://ilovecarbondioxide.com/

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/
Exactly. Some people trying to divert our attention from much more important topics. This is going on since ages now. All the news channels have taken over us. We'll simply believe whatever they say. Such dummies.
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3