Author Topic: A few suggestions needed from all doing or have done Edexcel A-level Math.  (Read 3891 times)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Salaam,

Now that exams r finally ovr, i m looking forward to prepare for the modules i hav to giv inorder to successfully complete my A-levels. Because i m a private student and do not take any tuitions, unlike many students, it is always same for me whether it's vacation time or not so currently i m determined to do some preparation for the coming exam sessions.

I m doing 4 A-levels (bio, phy, chem and math) all from the edexcel board. I hav jst given my A2 Bio exams this summer but i will b giving my A2 physics and A2 chemistry exams in january 2012. I haven't sat for any A-level math modules yet and will b dividing all these remaining modules between the coming exam sessions, i.e. January 2012 and May/june 2012. I have decided to sit for the following Edexcel A-level math modules: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2. I have chosen statistics over mechanics because i do not really like physics much and i m planning to apply for medicine.

MASHAALLAH many students in this forum have successfully completed or are doing their A-levels and Edexcel A-level math is a widely chosen option. So it would be great if the students here could give me a few suggestions before i start some serious preparation for my Edexcel A-level math course.

First of all, cud u guyz tell me if these math modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2) wud lead to a complete A-level math qualification? [just to comfirm].

How is Edexcel A-level math generally- more difficult or easier than A-level science subjects? [jst asking to gain a wider view of the difficulty level of this subject and not that if it is more difficult than A-level sciences, i wil b skipping it].

Could u guyz also plz rank the following modules inorder of increasing difficulty: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2? I know it depends on what kind of student i m and whether i like math or not. I do like math as a subject but getting a couple of advices from experienced students won't harm as u guyz hav already studied these modules and sat for their exams.

I hav had a look at the official Edexcel textbooks for these modules and according to me the easiest one of these is C1 and most difficult one is S2. Atleast this is my view and it wud b great if sum1 else suggests me how easy/difficult these math mosules r in relation to one another. I hav decided to sit for C1, C2, C3 and C4 (along with A2 chem and A2 phy) in jan 2012 and then sit for S1 and S2 in may/jun 2012. Some people hav told me to sit for the math AS modules (C1, C2 and S1) with A2 phy and A2 chem first in the jan 2012 exam session and then to sit for the math A2 modules (C3, C4 and S2) in the summer 2012 exam session. But it jst doesn't feel right to me because when i giv my exams in january, i wil only b having 3 comfortable months (feb, mar, apr) to prepare for the more difficult A2 math modules, so i want to sit for 2 AS math modules (C1 and C2) and 2 A2 math modules (C3 and C4) along with my A2 phy and A2 chem modules in jan 2012 and then the remaining 3 months will b left for preparing for 1 AS math module (S1) and 1 A2 math module (S2). Anyone cud suggest if this is ryt? I know that I know better than anyone else wut is ryt for me and wut’s not, but I wud like to get suggestions from those who hav already experienced these modules.

At the moment, i m a bit confused regarding how i shall divide my modules between the coming examination sessions. I hav written above wut i think is right and i wud like to take a few suggestions from u guyz regarding this. Also, if anyone cud answer some, if not all, of my above questions, i wud b very grateful to that person.

Thank u all for visiting my post. I hop v all get gud results. Hav a nice summer!

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
First of all, cud u guyz tell me if these math modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2) wud lead to a complete A-level math qualification? [just to comfirm].
Yes it would..That is a complete A-level
I am doing C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and M1....that also makes a complete A-level :D, we dont have S2/M2 in our school  ::)

How is Edexcel A-level math generally- more difficult or easier than A-level science subjects?
I personally love math and find it easier than the sciences...I have given C1, C2 and S1 exams this year and MA they went really good...
I find math easier cause you dont have to memorise anything at all...Maybe just a bit of formulas but thats also very easy as when you pracitse you apply those over and over again...
Like all other subjects you basically have to apply your "all" math knowledge and solve it..sometimes you might need to use the C1 knowledge in C2 also...
But as i said to me math is easier than sciences...(maybe its just me)

Could u guyz also plz rank the following modules inorder of increasing difficulty: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2?
I havent done C3 and C4 so I am not so sure about those..But C1 is definitely the most easiest one and S2/C4 would be the most difficult one..
I would choose S2 to be the most difficult one :P

About dividing the exams..
If I was you I would do C1, C2, A2 phy, A2 chem and S1 in jan and C3, C4, S2 in jun...
S1 is as easy as C2, it wont take much time for you to finish it...
But then you are the one to decide..its just my suggestion..I prefer not to take too much pressure at once..  ::)

If there is anything else you want to ask about math..I am here...A math lover  ::)

Best of Luck...!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:24:22 am by ang3l »
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Thanks a lotzzzzz angel both for ur immediate reply and helpful suggestions.....i really appreciate ur great help....even i like math for the reason that v hav to apply a principle or two (or even more principles) from our math spec. in each and every question v solve while practice....and do u hav the C1 livetext? There has been a thread here where a really kind person uploaded the various math livetexts but did not post the C1 livetext and uploaded the C1 revision guide livetext instead....i hav a photocopied version of the book but not the livetext and i m in desperate need of the C1 livetext bcoz it contains the solutionbank....the solutionbank is really helpful, especially for those who r self-studying and i m doing so....so if u hav it, plz post it or let's wait sum1 else to reply....Thanks again, dear. JAZAKALLAH. :)

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
Thanks a lotzzzzz angel both for ur immediate reply and helpful suggestions.....i really appreciate ur great help....even i like math for the reason that v hav to apply a principle or two (or even more principles) from our math spec. in each and every question v solve while practice....and do u hav the C1 livetext? There has been a thread here where a really kind person uploaded the various math livetexts but did not post the C1 livetext and uploaded the C1 revision guide livetext instead....i hav a photocopied version of the book but not the livetext and i m in desperate need of the C1 livetext bcoz it contains the solutionbank....the solutionbank is really helpful, especially for those who r self-studying and i m doing so....so if u hav it, plz post it or let's wait sum1 else to reply....Thanks again, dear. JAZAKALLAH. :)
Yeah I have it, I'll upload them and inform you..
Do you want C2 as well?
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
OOhhhhhh thank u!!! there is a link to the C2 livetext in the thread about which i mentioned earlier but if u hav the C2 revision guide livetext, i wud b very grateful to u! JAZAKALLAH. :)

P.S. i can't rep u enough! but thank u sooo much.

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
OOhhhhhh thank u!!! there is a link to the C2 livetext in the thread about which i mentioned earlier but if u hav the C2 revision guide livetext, i wud b very grateful to u! JAZAKALLAH. :)

P.S. i can't rep u enough! but thank u sooo much.
Sorry it might take me some time to upload it..
And do you need the edexcel practise papers for C1 and C2?..I have those as well.. :D

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Hey angel, Salaam, i hav got the C1 and C2 livetext download link. I told u jst to make sure u do not spend too much time in uploading them. Thanks a lotz anyway. But if u hav the C1, C2 and S1 revision guide livetexts, cud u plz uplaod them?

If u hav them, plz do upload them anytime within the vacations. I understand it myt take u sum tym. So take ur tym, dear. It is mor than enough for me that i hav sum1 who cud help me out.

And ys, it wud b great if u cud upload the C1 and C2 practice papers. Really, thanks a lot for that.

Do u hav the practice papers for S1 also? If ys, cud u plz upoload them as well wen u r free?

And ohh, i almost forgot to ask u, do u need the C3 and C4 livetexts now that u wil b needing them? There's a thread in this forum in which a person has uploaded them. You cud check that out.

Thanks a lotz again. Luv ya! JAZAKALLAH.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:27:09 pm by MKh »

Offline student.404

Re: A few suggestions needed from all doing or have done Edexcel A-level Math.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »
I need C2 live text solution bank!
I have my exams in jan 2013. so plz help with that!
JazakAllah!