Author Topic: Stories  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
Stories
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »
So someone said somewhere that we need new topics or something.... so lets start a stories thread (its been done before in "description game" but this one is specifically for stories).

-Any member may contribute to the story. It can be comedic, sad, complex, simple, emotional, intricate or whatever but it has to go with the flow of the story. Don't be shy to post, even if you think your english sucks, this is a place where you can practice without fear of ridicule.
-No crude language. Inclusive of character dialogues.
-Indicate in some way where you start your own addition to the story, but copy/paste the rest into your post too, so that the whole script remains cohesive.

Okay I'll start:

He sat on the swing, swaying slowly in the breeze, and pondered on his life. Two years earlier, all his goals had been to complete his O'Levels, get high grades in his A'Levels and be admitted into a good University. Now, all he wanted, all he hoped to achieve was to keep his family fed, clothed and sheltered. His father had died in front of a hospital, waiting for aid as the cold-hearted doctors demanded their selfish fees before they would even deign to see to the poor victim of a hit and run.  His mother had gone into a near catatonic state from shock, barely responding or talking.He was the eldest brother of three siblings, and he had to look after them on his own now. How priorities shift, how trivial and meaningless those old dreams seem to be now, he thought. A light wind ruffled his hair. He looked up at the bright moon, feeling as barren inside as the moon looked, a chunk of deformed, crater-ridden rock hanging in the night sky...

-Yup, its a sad story. Someone name the poor guy and give him a nice happy ending to a story that starts so hopelessly. Or maybe just start your own story if you don't like this one...:)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:06:08 am »
His name was Noor. (couldn't think of any other name :P )
In despair and hopelessness, he sighed out in grief. As he stood up from the swing, his foot hit something hard. *clunk*
"What could it be?" he thought for a moment.
His eyes searched for the unknown object. Initially, he saw a handle of a rusted reddish brown metal. He started digging in awe and desperation with his bare fingers.
The result was a small wooden box with an Arabic calligraphic writing with a rusted metal handle some portion of silver covered with black tar.
It took some of his effort to open the jammed box. When successful, he opened it immediately hoping for a hidden treasure or perhaps, God's unseen mercy put into this small box.
Disappointment covered his face as he saw a thick parchment of papers. His legs felt weak as if some extra weight is put on his shoulders, he fell down into ground. Kneeling. He covered his face with his rough hands. Hoping to hide away his humiliation somehow. From himself.
He left like God has abandoned him at time when he needed Him most. Low cry was let out.
Trying his best not to cry, he bit his lip deeply with his teeth. He was thirsty. Thirst for help. Thirst for God's mercy on him.
He fell into prostration after a while, his forehead touching the soft sand. His eyes full of tears. His mind trying to find peace with God.
Coincidentally, he was facing the Qiblah directly during prostration. He called out God in his silent prayer.
After a few minutes, a man shook him up from the ground.
"Where did you find this box?" asked the tall buffed man in a deep voice. Out of breath. He was panting, his face flushed red and his hand on his knee.
Confusion replaced on Noor's face, he replied in a confused and worried tone "I found it buried here beneath the sand. Are you okay, sir? " Also, pointing to his point of lost hope. The sand went deep into the black hole along with his hopes.
"Oh, yes. I am fine, boy. Just fine." he panted heavily. "Here's your reward." He handed Noor a thick rich envelope.
"What is it?" asked Noor with awe and confusion very obvious in his tone.
"It's your reward for finding this treasure box. It belongs to my Master, Sheikh Hamdan. It was stolen few days back from the mansion. We caught the thieves but they lost the box during the chase. One of them mentioned running through this park so we came back in hope of finding the lost priced possession. My master announced one hundred thousand dinar reward for whoever finds this box along with the treasure inside. It contains his's deceased father's will and his family property documents, so it was really very important to him." he concluded with a deep sigh.
Noor, unable to control his emotions starting crying like a child in front of this unknown stranger. Hard.
The man thinking he might have said something offending starting apologizing and offered an extra ransom which only made Noor cry harder.
His prayer was answered by the All-Mighty. "What can be a greater honor than this?" thought Noor. He felt consoled by God himself.

After a few hours,
Noor bought presents, food and clothes for his family members. They all thanked God for His blessings and prayed for the father's soul to be in peace.
From this, they all learned that: they must always be thankful in their good times and be patient during their tough times.
His Mom eventually started speaking now and then and to their surprise she even tried smiling at times.
He applied to his desired University and got in. His brothers were admitted to a good school.
On his first day at the University, Noor smiled widely while looking up at the deep blue sky. He thanked once again for His blessings in his silent prayer.

Fin

^My first EVER writing piece. :D
I HAD to make it a happy ending. :D
Hope it was a good read. :-[
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:08:21 am by ~ Unknown Entity ~ »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:01:53 pm »
His name was Noor. (couldn't think of any other name :P )
In despair and hopelessness, he sighed out in grief. As he stood up from the swing, his foot hit something hard. *clunk*
"What could it be?" he thought for a moment.
His eyes searched for the unknown object. Initially, he saw a handle of a rusted reddish brown metal. He started digging in awe and desperation with his bare fingers.
The result was a small wooden box with an Arabic calligraphic writing with a rusted metal handle some portion of silver covered with black tar.
It took some of his effort to open the jammed box. When successful, he opened it immediately hoping for a hidden treasure or perhaps, God's unseen mercy put into this small box.
Disappointment covered his face as he saw a thick parchment of papers. His legs felt weak as if some extra weight is put on his shoulders, he fell down into ground. Kneeling. He covered his face with his rough hands. Hoping to hide away his humiliation somehow. From himself.
He left like God has abandoned him at time when he needed Him most. Low cry was let out.
Trying his best not to cry, he bit his lip deeply with his teeth. He was thirsty. Thirst for help. Thirst for God's mercy on him.
He fell into prostration after a while, his forehead touching the soft sand. His eyes full of tears. His mind trying to find peace with God.
Coincidentally, he was facing the Qiblah directly during prostration. He called out God in his silent prayer.
After a few minutes, a man shook him up from the ground.
"Where did you find this box?" asked the tall buffed man in a deep voice. Out of breath. He was panting, his face flushed red and his hand on his knee.
Confusion replaced on Noor's face, he replied in a confused and worried tone "I found it buried here beneath the sand. Are you okay, sir? " Also, pointing to his point of lost hope. The sand went deep into the black hole along with his hopes.
"Oh, yes. I am fine, boy. Just fine." he panted heavily. "Here's your reward." He handed Noor a thick rich envelope.
"What is it?" asked Noor with awe and confusion very obvious in his tone.
"It's your reward for finding this treasure box. It belongs to my Master, Sheikh Hamdan. It was stolen few days back from the mansion. We caught the thieves but they lost the box during the chase. One of them mentioned running through this park so we came back in hope of finding the lost priced possession. My master announced one hundred thousand dinar reward for whoever finds this box along with the treasure inside. It contains his's deceased father's will and his family property documents, so it was really very important to him." he concluded with a deep sigh.
Noor, unable to control his emotions starting crying like a child in front of this unknown stranger. Hard.
The man thinking he might have said something offending starting apologizing and offered an extra ransom which only made Noor cry harder.
His prayer was answered by the All-Mighty. "What can be a greater honor than this?" thought Noor. He felt consoled by God himself.

After a few hours,
Noor bought presents, food and clothes for his family members. They all thanked God for His blessings and prayed for the father's soul to be in peace.
From this, they all learned that: they must always be thankful in their good times and be patient during their tough times.
His Mom eventually started speaking now and then and to their surprise she even tried smiling at times.
He applied to his desired University and got in. His brothers were admitted to a good school.
On his first day at the University, Noor smiled widely while looking up at the deep blue sky. He thanked once again for His blessings in his silent prayer.

Fin

^My first EVER writing piece. :D
I HAD to make it a happy ending. :D
Hope it was a good read. :-[

AWESOMENESS! :D I really liked it mashALLAH!

And sis you have good writing skills mashAllah. An undiscovered talent I must say. =]

+rep. :D

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »
AWESOMENESS! :D I really liked it mashALLAH!

And sis you have good writing skills mashAllah. An undiscovered talent I must say. =]

+rep. :D

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ *turns into an Apple*

Thank you for reading. =]

I am honored. :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.