Author Topic: Why did that happen ?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
Re: Why did that happen ?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 04:03:05 pm »
Well I don't believe anybody is boring around here......but i would suggest newer threads be made instead of the same old ones being replied to.....THAT does get tiring!  :'(

But there are several very interesting discussions too.....maybe creating more like those could help ;D
ya that is a good point

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »
Well I don't believe anybody is boring around here......but i would suggest newer threads be made instead of the same old ones being replied to.....THAT does get tiring!  :'(

But there are several very interesting discussions too.....maybe creating more like those could help ;D

Okay that's a very good suggestion.

I agree to that too. New threads with new ideas are more interesting!

+rep for the suggestion.

@EMO, looooooool so shall we include you as one of the new boring members? :P

I'm surprised I see 2 votes for that so who else other than EMO voted for that? :P

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
I didnt vote for any option 'cause I didnt find any of those options to be the reason for such stats.
I agree with crooked, usually members are active during exams and for their doubts and then they are inactive again. I also did that before but now I prefer being active in the forums.

As for suggestions, what Simon mentioned is good
And maybe a time period should be set for every member, like if you are inactive (doesn't log in at all) for 3 months or 6 months then the account is lost or something.
this might sound stupid but maybe it will make sure that members do log in atleast.
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
  • ~ I wish my dream comes true ~
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 09:15:47 pm »

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »
I didnt vote for any option 'cause I didnt find any of those options to be the reason for such stats.
I agree with crooked, usually members are active during exams and for their doubts and then they are inactive again. I also did that before but now I prefer being active in the forums.

And maybe a time period should be set for every member, like if you are inactive (doesn't log in at all) for 3 months or 6 months then the account is lost or something.
this might sound stupid but maybe it will make sure that members do log in atleast.

But in anyways those who dnt care will not turn back to this forum after their work is done.
But the point being made here is that how the forum can be made more interesting so that regular members wnt lose their interest and leave. And I agree to saud I dnt feel like posting nowadays:/

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »
But in anyways those who dnt care will not turn back to this forum after their work is done.
But the point being made here is that how the forum can be made more interesting so that regular members wnt lose their interest and leave. And I agree to saud I dnt feel like posting nowadays:/

We can try making more new threads. :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »
We can try making more new threads. :D

But wt to make? :P

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »

We had that thought that year of deleting a member's account if they are inactive for 3 months BUT that is would make the stats even more worse since we will have very few members left in the forum. The more members we have, the more posts we get, the more we get offers from advertising companies and thus a forum makes a profit which is later used to help students enter the universities they want. This is the owner's dream. =]

@Everyone else, we will be having more summer activities. We have A LOT to do this summer by recruiting more staff, creating the newsletter, fixing the problems in the forum and getting new interesting ideas inshAllah.

Still..if you got more suggestions just post'em here. =]

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »
We had that thought that year of deleting a member's account if they are inactive for 3 months BUT that is would make the stats even more worse since we will have very few members left in the forum. The more members we have, the more posts we get, the more we get offers from advertising companies and thus a forum makes a profit which is later used to help students enter the universities they want. This is the owner's dream. =]

@Everyone else, we will be having more summer activities. We have A LOT to do this summer by recruiting more staff, creating the newsletter, fixing the problems in the forum and getting new interesting ideas inshAllah.

Still..if you got more suggestions just post'em here. =]

Ok I dnt get anything in my mind right now ::)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 09:49:31 pm »
Ok I dnt get anything in my mind right now ::)

Yeah yeah also you have a lazy mind. :P

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 09:51:17 pm »
Umm..Okay I dont know if this would fit in but I remember in a forum,for entertainment purpose, a game was created. I aint going into details just an idea of what it was.
The game was like a quiz, the admin/staff made a quiz in a poem like format and teams were made for members who wanted to participate.
There were separate threads for each team to discuss the quiz and all and only the members in that team could see the thread.
The hints for the quiz were posted around the forum and the members would search it and in the end the team would decide an answer and send it to the admin/staff.
There were like 3-4 quiz and the winner team was with the most correct answers and for a certain period the members of that team had a specific colour for their usernames like in SF admins have green and mods red.
So yah it kinda goes like this..  ???
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »
Yeah yeah also you have a lazy mind. :P

That's because I'm bored now:D and sleepy! And... Nothing more to say ;D ;D

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:04 pm »
Umm..Okay I dont know if this would fit in but I remember in a forum,for entertainment purpose, a game was created. I aint going into details just an idea of what it was.
The game was like a quiz, the admin/staff made a quiz in a poem like format and teams were made for members who wanted to participate.
There were separate threads for each team to discuss the quiz and all and only the members in that team could see the thread.
The hints for the quiz were posted around the forum and the members would search it and in the end the team would decide an answer and send it to the admin/staff.
There were like 3-4 quiz and the winner team was with the most correct answers and for a certain period the members of that team had a specific colour for their usernames like in SF admins have green and mods red.

Hmm nice idea I'd say!

+Rep
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:06:06 pm by Most UniQue™ »

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:33 pm »

That's a BRILLIANT idea! I really LIKE it!

I'm +repping you twice for that! :D

I'm also passing this idea to the admins/mods lounge to put it into consideration. That's very creative and interesting.

Thanks loads Angel. =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:01 pm »
LOL..Thanks I am glad you guys liked it *As if it came from my creative mind*  ::)

All credits to the staff of that forum :P