Author Topic: clearing?  (Read 2423 times)

Offline abuelzouz

• SF Citizen
clearing?
« on: June 10, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »
hey guys...
i got 5 conditional offers...
but im really afraid i dnt get required marks..
if i dnt and i was rejected..ill go into clearing..
i read about it in ucas..but i still dnt think i have a good idea about it...
is there a chance i get good courses & unis on clearing list..
anybody who experienced that?! Thanks

elemis

Re: clearing?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »
Clearing basically means UCAS will try and match you to any available places for the courses you've chosen.

Its likely that all the good places will be taken by then so you may get a lot of half decent University places.

Offline Ehram

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »
Anyone got any tips for making it through clearing unscathed with your sanity intact? I've heard stories and am dreading ending up in clearing.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:32:57 am »
Anyone got any tips for making it through clearing unscathed with your sanity intact? I've heard stories and am dreading ending up in clearing.

If you've got an offer from a university already through UCAS, you don;t have to worry about clearing.  In clearing, you can again apply to the course you'd wish, but only if seats are available. So, if you're opting for a popular course, it is best not to opt for clearing.

Offline Ehram

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »
If you've got an offer from a university already through UCAS, you don;t have to worry about clearing.  In clearing, you can again apply to the course you'd wish, but only if seats are available. So, if you're opting for a popular course, it is best not to opt for clearing.

Cheers for the advice, hopefully I'll not get involved in the whole clearing malarky. Just hope my results are what I need to claim my Uni place.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:31:19 pm »
Cheers for the advice, hopefully I'll not get involved in the whole clearing malarky. Just hope my results are what I need to claim my Uni place.

I hope you can make it in first go. Even if your results are not up to your referee's expectation/recommendation (God forbid), it is possible to negotiate in some circumstances.