Author Topic: A Plea to all SF Members !!  (Read 25983 times)

Alpha

Re: A Plea to all SF Members !!
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 05:52:50 am »
yea alpha u may b rite if a person refers every single word , up in google :
but the truth is that thers about less than 1% chance a person might look up so many words & almost every person can understand a sentence with the other words ( thats wat i do when i find difficult words when i read a book ) missing a word or two dosent change the meaning so badly as u say !! .
& wat if someone takes a miniute or two to refer it up , it would save much time with the other similar posts he reads . & wat makes u so sure english is not gonna end up in texting language in another 5 years :P
& probably the next generation would learn that as the language (the simpler a language gets the better it is )

Dasith, if you want to debate with me, then wait for my exams to be over, we'll do so in the Debates Board. :P

I am not so stupid not to have noticed you are simply contradicting me for the sake of fun-debating. You barely came up with anything pragmatic. You are put on hold for months. :P

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
Re: A Plea to all Studentforums Members !!
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2011, 07:48:06 am »
AG? :P
Call me AG SURFER in that case! 8) :P
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »
AG? :P
Call me AG SURFER in that case! 8) :P
okk Sorry Surfer if it has hurt you

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57:18 pm »
It does!
I found this thing somewhere just thought of sharing. Here.
It's a message that a husband wrote to her wife, and forgot to put an "e" at the end of the sentence.
Read it with and without the last "e".
I'm enjoying it in Hawaii, wish you were her(e).

Poor wife! :P

It's not a rule. It's a plea. It's up to you to follow it. We'd appreciate it though.  ;)

haha u seem 2 take the exceptional stuff !! :P , i bet u cant come up with another like that :P
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 03:58:17 pm »

It's not a rule. It's a plea. It's up to you to follow it. We'd appreciate it though.  ;)

u wouldent be saying this when this becomes a rule in another few moths :P

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2011, 04:02:07 pm »
Dasith, if you want to debate with me, then wait for my exams to be over, we'll do so in the Debates Board. :P

I am not so stupid not to have noticed you are simply contradicting me for the sake of fun-debating. You barely came up with anything pragmatic. You are put on hold for months. :P

this shows that u lost the debate :P :P  , it seems to me that u dont hav anythin 2 say u came up wid this finally , saying i'm on hold for moths untill u think of somethin :P :P ;D

Offline The_Last_Dragon

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »
I agree completely with the thread starter's point of view - using text language is not a good idea. I personally can understand most text language, but that simply doesn't mean it's good - the greatest written works of all time were written in the purest English which is the core reason they are still extensively studied in English literature, decades after their release.

For the matter, i have noticed that fewer and fewer books these days are considered real works of art. This proves that there is a worrying shift in English usage, people's general usage of language is rapidly deteriorating into something obscene, vastly different from "true English", due to the spread of use of cell phones and social networking sites like facebook. The best way to stem this would be to maintain the usage of neat and proper English in some places, the student forums is a good place to start :)

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 06:23:00 pm »
I agree completely with the thread starter's point of view - using text language is not a good idea. I personally can understand most text language, but that simply doesn't mean it's good - the greatest written works of all time were written in the purest English which is the core reason they are still extensively studied in English literature, decades after their release.

For the matter, i have noticed that fewer and fewer books these days are considered real works of art. This proves that there is a worrying shift in English usage, people's general usage of language is rapidly deteriorating into something obscene, vastly different from "true English", due to the spread of use of cell phones and social networking sites like facebook. The best way to stem this would be to maintain the usage of neat and proper English in some places, the student forums is a good place to start :)
good said friend

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »

so if u understand most text languages , y bother writin in excellent english, y would anybody expect perfect english ( as u say english litrature like ) in a forum .
& u also notice language is changing (as u say deterioratin) so wat, let it change ! & see where it ends it keeps gettin simpler & simpler day by day !
u dont hav to fight the change , u jus hav to change with the change :D 

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 06:59:47 pm »
so if u understand most text languages , y bother writin in excellent english, y would anybody expect perfect english ( as u say english litrature like ) in a forum .
& u also notice language is changing (as u say deterioratin) so wat, let it change ! & see where it ends it keeps gettin simpler & simpler day by day !
u dont hav to fight the change , u jus hav to change with the change :D 

Let me get started. :P

So I want to tell this : Did you anytime write u instead of you in any of your real CIE papers ?

How will I do this ?

Well, here it goes : did u nytm wrt u instd f u n ny f ur rl CIE pprs???????????????????????????? (Notice the number of question marks at first, and then notice how many times you need to read to understand what the question/reply is). You are too smart to understand this.

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 08:19:17 pm »

So I want to tell this : Did you anytime write u instead of you in any of your real CIE papers ?

How will I do this ?

Well, here it goes : did u nytm wrt u instd f u n ny f ur rl CIE pprs???????????????????????????? (Notice the number of question marks at first, and then notice how many times you need to read to understand what the question/reply is). You are too smart to understand this.

i could defenetly get the meaning of this sentence @ first

Well, here it goes : did u nytm wrt u instd f u n ny f ur rl CIE pprs????????????????????????????

but its the rest i didnt understand! :O

wat r u trying 2 say here , we dont hav 2 write in textin way in the forum jus becoz we dont rite it the same  in CIE papers ??? 
Obviously anyone would knw the difference ! , its just that i feel a forum need not be a Extreamly high standerd cambrdge paper !!!

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2011, 05:18:43 am »
but its the rest i didnt understand! :O

wat r u trying 2 say here , we dont hav 2 write in textin way in the forum jus becoz we dont rite it the same  in CIE papers ??? 
Obviously anyone would knw the difference ! , its just that i feel a forum need not be a Extreamly high standerd cambrdge paper !!!

wl tht's jst vn mstke tht ppl mke u evn dn't knw wht mstks ppl cn mk f dy r usd wth the cht lnguge at evry pnts of der lves.

Got it ? :P

- NU

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2011, 05:19:42 am »

I told you, you are too smart to understand. :P

- NU

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 03:56:10 am »
wl tht's jst vn mstke tht ppl mke u evn dn't knw wht mstks ppl cn mk f dy r usd wth the cht lnguge at evry pnts of der lves.

Got it ? :P
looks like theres nobody on my side :O :P

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:10 am »
looks like theres nobody on my side :O :P
'Nobody' won't be on yer side too. :P
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3