Author Topic: Unlimited Energy Possible?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
Unlimited Energy Possible?
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »
HEY EVERYONE!!

I was sitting there studying Biology and then, suddenly, a random "free energy" idea hit me. (Those of you who take A2 Bio will understand this more, I'll give basic outlines though...)

Okay, fact 1. You can create enzymes trapped in beads. These beads never run out and the enzymes can be used forever.
         fact 2. Plants have an enzyme, which, in the presence of light, can break water down into 2H+ and 1/2 O2.
         fact 3. When you burn Hydrogen with Oxygen, you get water.

Here's the theory:

ENERGY PRODUCTION

1.   Plants use an enzyme to photolyse(use light to break down) the breakdown of H2O into 2H+ and ½ O2.  2 electrons are released as well. (Refer to Photophosphorylation)

2.   Grab that enzyme, turn it into bead form (eg. Lactase beads) and put it in glass tanks along with water. The water should split up into the mentioned products.

3.   Gather the gases produced in a separate tank. Use the electrons/electricity generated to combine 2H+ ions into H2 gas.

4.   Combust the H2 and O2 gases together. This will produce a lot of energy(use this energy to make electricity) and regenerates H2O as steam. Condense the steam and feed it back as water into the enzyme bead tank.

5.   RENEWABLE ELECTRICITY PRODUCED!! HAHAHA!!!

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
Re: Unlimited Energy Possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »
HEY EVERYONE!!

I was sitting there studying Biology and then, suddenly, a random "free energy" idea hit me. (Those of you who take A2 Bio will understand this more, I'll give basic outlines though...)

Okay, fact 1. You can create enzymes trapped in beads. These beads never run out and the enzymes can be used forever.
         fact 2. Plants have an enzyme, which, in the presence of light, can break water down into 2H+ and 1/2 O2.
         fact 3. When you burn Hydrogen with Oxygen, you get water.

Here's the theory:

ENERGY PRODUCTION

1.   Plants use an enzyme to photolyse(use light to break down) the breakdown of H2O into 2H+ and ½ O2.  2 electrons are released as well. (Refer to Photophosphorylation)

2.   Grab that enzyme, turn it into bead form (eg. Lactase beads) and put it in glass tanks along with water. The water should split up into the mentioned products.

3.   Gather the gases produced in a separate tank. Use the electrons/electricity generated to combine 2H+ ions into H2 gas.

4.   Combust the H2 and O2 gases together. This will produce a lot of energy(use this energy to make electricity) and regenerates H2O as steam. Condense the steam and feed it back as water into the enzyme bead tank.

5.   RENEWABLE ELECTRICITY PRODUCED!! HAHAHA!!!

Good idea. However, how do you plan to "Combust the H2 and O2"
divine intervention!

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:00:16 pm »
Good idea. However, how do you plan to "Combust the H2 and O2"

Hmmm.... Wikipedia extract:

"Hydrogen gas (dihydrogen or molecular hydrogen) is highly flammable and will burn in air at a very wide range of concentrations between 4% and 75% by volume. The enthalpy of combustion for hydrogen is ?286 kJ/mol.

2 H2(g) + O2(g) ---> 2 H2O(l) + 572 kJ (286 kJ/mol)

Hydrogen gas forms explosive mixtures with air if it is 4–74% concentrated and with chlorine if it is 5–95% concentrated. The mixtures spontaneously explode by spark, heat or sunlight. The hydrogen autoignition temperature, the temperature of spontaneous ignition in air, is 500 °C (932 °F)."

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:27:09 pm »
Hmm, okay.

I'm pretty sure the amount of steam formed will not be exactly equal to the amount of water required to form the gasses. 99% at most. This figure will keep on decreasing as the cycle continues. 100% efficiency is never possible. Laws of thermodynamics teaches us that 100% efficiency is never possible, no matte how friction/resistance free/efficient ur system is.

But I have to say, it's a brilliant idea, you might want to give it a try in small scale, maybe in the near future.

PS : Interested in Unlimited Energy? Check this out : http://www.shimz.co.jp/english/theme/dream/lunaring.html
divine intervention!

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »
Every nation and every government knows that nuclear power is the ONLY viable "unlimited" energy source. That is why the nincompoops in the west keeps whining and jumping endlessly whenever Iran builds another nuclear power plant, Pakistan builds their 4th nuclear power plant, pakistan strikes deal with China for 1 GeW nuclear power plant by 2030 or (recently) Venezuela, an oil rich country, strikes a deal with Russia for nuclear energy cooperation.

This is why, despite the disaster on Japan of which yet there's no solid solution, they decided to NOT give up on nuclear power.

"When you don't know where to go, pay attention to the direction of your enemy's arrow" - the saying goes.

Translation:

When the solution does not seem straightforward, assess the stance of those who don't want your development. And you'll get the answer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:15:07 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:18 pm »
Hmm, okay.

I'm pretty sure the amount of steam formed will not be exactly equal to the amount of water required to form the gasses. 99% at most. This figure will keep on decreasing as the cycle continues. 100% efficiency is never possible. Laws of thermodynamics teaches us that 100% efficiency is never possible, no matte how friction/resistance free/efficient ur system is.

But I have to say, it's a brilliant idea, you might want to give it a try in small scale, maybe in the near future.

PS : Interested in Unlimited Energy? Check this out : http://www.shimz.co.jp/english/theme/dream/lunaring.html

That problem is easily addressed though. Introduce water into the system through an inlet which has a injects a specified calculated amount of water(equal to the rate of water loss).

Even in small scale, it would be impossible for me cuz the apparatus and enzymes needed cannot be procured and the enzyme is not on the market in any form. It would have to be specially manufactured or extracted for that purpose...

Thank you! I thought so too! :)

Hmmm... the Shimizu corporation doesn't address the fact of the frequent meteorite or asteroid crashes into the moon... Though if implemented, this would be a bold step forward...

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:42 pm »
Every nation and every government knows that nuclear power is the ONLY viable "unlimited" energy source. That is why the nincompoops in the west keeps whining and jumping endlessly whenever Iran builds another nuclear power plant, Pakistan builds their 4th nuclear power plant, pakistan strikes deal with China for 1 GeW nuclear power plant by 2030 or (recently) Venezuela, an oil rich country, strikes a deal with Russia for nuclear energy cooperation.

This is why, despite the disaster on Japan of which yet there's no solid solution, they decided to NOT give up on nuclear power.

"When you don't know where to go, pay attention to the direction of your enemy's arrow" - the saying goes.

Translation:

When the solution does not seem straightforward, assess the stance of those who don't want your development. And you'll get the answer.

Uranium cannot be easily renewed can it? as in, once it is used, you end up with a lot of radioactive waste that has no apparent use and has to be stored somewhere safe.... But still, it is the most efficient large-scale power generation procedure to date, as you said, so yeah....

True that....

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 03:19:26 am »

there its only 1/2 O2 produced , soo it will not be enough to turn it into a water(H2O)  again rite??
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Alpha

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 05:09:44 am »
I think this should be in Debates. Moving.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:13:23 am by ~Alpha »

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 05:17:10 am »
I think this should be in Debates. Moving.

na this shuld be in something like new ideas ;) :D

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:24:07 am »
Uranium cannot be easily renewed can it? as in, once it is used, you end up with a lot of radioactive waste that has no apparent use and has to be stored somewhere safe.... But still, it is the most efficient large-scale power generation procedure to date, as you said, so yeah....

True that....

World deposits of Uranium is enough for generations to come.

The waste is usually plutonium. It can be used to make lighter and efficient nuclear weapons.

elemis

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:38:57 am »

The waste is usually plutonium. It can be used to make lighter and efficient nuclear weapons.

Alternatively, depleted Uranium can be used as armour for tanks and other heavy artillery.

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:05 am »

there its only 1/2 O2 produced , soo it will not be enough to turn it into a water(H2O)  again rite??

1/2 O2 = O. And you only need H2 and 1/2 O2 to make H2O. So it would be enough. Let me put this another way, it produces 4H+ and an O2 molecule from 2H2O. Which is saying the same thing.....

Alternatively, depleted Uranium can be used as armour for tanks and other heavy artillery.

okies...

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 07:42:37 am »
1/2 O2 = O. And you only need H2 and 1/2 O2 to make H2O. So it would be enough. Let me put this another way, it produces 4H+ and an O2 molecule from 2H2O. Which is saying the same thing.....

okies...

haha cool ! , i've got no idea of these things , i dont do science lol , but this seems like a great idea !!!