Author Topic: Pharmacy or Biotechnology?  (Read 2856 times)

**RoRo**

Pharmacy or Biotechnology?
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:00 am »
Hey guys,

I wanted to take your opinion on this, which would be a better career, pharmacy or biotechnology and in what ways?
I want to know your opinion in terms of the studies aspect of it, job opportunities, the salaries, basically, as much as possible, because I need to choose either one of them for my university.

Thanks! :)

Offline Agustin Roebuck

Re: Pharmacy or Biotechnology?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57:39 am »
I think Biotechnology is better option than B.Pharma. Because, you have much opportunities with biotechnology in the industry. In the paramedical field, B.Pharma is related to only processing of drugs, sale and marketing of drugs etc. But in the biotechnology sector there are wider options that one can choose to work with may be it is sales or drug processing or further research works as it concerned with medical technology. For further information you may get reference from here http://www.thedegreeexperts.com/online-degree.aspx

Offline Assi1993

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:01:02 pm »
biotech is better as i feel pharmacology is gna b replaced by pharacogenomics :p

**RoRo**

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:35:11 pm »
Thank you both for your opinions & I apologize for the late reply! :)

Now another question: which is a better? To get a degree in biotechnology only or in both biotechnology and pharmacy [it's one course By the way]

Offline monty2spear

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:10 pm »
As per my opinion I will also go with all of them. Biotechnology is anytime better than Pharmacy. It has many advantage over Pharmacy, like while completing Biotechnology you will have many option you can join any big company. And in Pharmacy the only option is to open a shop. In Biotechnology you will get good position in any company. :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 12:46:51 am »
Thank you both for your opinions & I apologize for the late reply! :)

Now another question: which is a better? To get a degree in biotechnology only or in both biotechnology and pharmacy [it's one course By the way]

Obviously taking a course which allows you to explore both fields simultaneously is a better option, granted you're able to handle it. Just check the difference in credit hours; if it is not significant, and you're certain you don't want to work in a pharmacist's field of work, go for Biotechnology only. Otherwise go for the combined course. Best wishes!
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

**RoRo**

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:18 pm »
Obviously taking a course which allows you to explore both fields simultaneously is a better option, granted you're able to handle it. Just check the difference in credit hours; if it is not significant, and you're certain you don't want to work in a pharmacist's field of work, go for Biotechnology only. Otherwise go for the combined course. Best wishes!

Thanks a lot for your opinion! :)

Offline benk

• Construction Essays
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:14:18 am »
Actually I don't have any idea about Biotechnology :) but it's my assignment to make an essay about Biotechnology because I'm working in a company that offers Custom Essay Service  for students.