Author Topic: Bibliophiles unite  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Wasp

Bibliophiles unite
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:02:21 pm »
If you feel that your fate is entwined with the quest of Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee, or the vengeance of Edmund Dantes, or the exploits of Lisbeth Salander-tell me! Fans of Jack Higgins, Robert Ludlum and Agatha Christie-let me know!
Try to be a yardstick of quality. Some people are not used to an environment where excellence is expected. STEVE JOBS

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Re: Bibliophiles unite
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:13:35 pm »
You're quite an interesting character.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

elemis

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:01:13 am »
Robert Ludlum and Agatha Chritie fan over here ! ;D

You a fan of Tom Clancy or David Baldacci ?

Offline Wasp

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »
I confess not having read any of Tom Clancy's books, however, I think David Baldacci is brilliant. The Camel Club and The Collectors being the best of the lot, so far. What about John le Carre and Matthew Riley? Oh, and John Grisham-The Broker and The Street Lawyer were excellent. There are so many great authors to consider-my head's spinning! Any other names I might consider?
Try to be a yardstick of quality. Some people are not used to an environment where excellence is expected. STEVE JOBS

Offline username

• SF Geek
  • Nobody is perfect.... I am Nobody.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »
jeffery archer
fredrick forsyth
james patterson

Offline Wasp

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:28:04 pm »
"Not a penny more, not a penny less" was one of Archer's best. Forsyth's famous Odessa File and Dogs of War were also great. James Patterson-I've only read Kiss the Girls, which was...violent, to say the least, but still well written. Your opinion?

elemis

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 04:58:39 pm »
"Not a penny more, not a penny less" was one of Archer's best. Forsyth's famous Odessa File and Dogs of War were also great. James Patterson-I've only read Kiss the Girls, which was...violent, to say the least, but still well written. Your opinion?

James Patterson is a master. Yes, kiss the girls was quite violent but Alex Cross is the homicide detective who is often tasked with the most grusome of crimes.

Have you read Cat O'Nine Tales ?

David Baldacci is probably my favaourite. Lee Child is also pretty good.

Offline username

• SF Geek
  • Nobody is perfect.... I am Nobody.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »
dogs of war ws pretty epic
i like the three series books by archer
kane & abel > the prodigal daughter > shall we tell the president
if u like james patterson
u shud try his womens murder club series
1st to Die
2nd Chance
3rd Degree
4th of July
The 5th Horseman
The 6th Target
7th Heaven
8th Confession
The 9th Judgment
10th Anniversary

pretty kwl if u ask me
:D

Offline Wasp

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »
I'll look out for the Women's Murder Club series- it looks interesting. Cat o' nine tails was brilliant, particularly The  Red King and   Don't Drink the Water. Has any body read Dark Horse by Tami Hoag or any of Daniel Silva's books?