Author Topic: Your opinion as an Arab about the protests going on.  (Read 2040 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Your opinion as an Arab about the protests going on.
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:56:04 am »
Hi to all the Arabs here! :D

I posted this in another thread. But I'm posting this again to gain more exposure.

I want to know Arab people's opinion about the protests going on in various countries for overthrowing their government.eg Syria, Egypt, Libya, Yemen etc. So, what's your take in this as an Arab yourself?

Do you support the protests?

Would you join the protesters if given the chance?

Are you sure that after overthrowing your current government, you will get a better one in the future (and not worse than the current one)?

Do you think that the civilian lives lost and suffering of businesses and the economy is worth it?

Many people in every country are displeased with their government. Even Obama has got so many haters. Do you think that people in all countries should use this 'revolution' method to overthrow their government? For example, people in Pakistan generally hate Zardari. What is the difference between countries like Pakistan, where people are not protesting despite their hate against Zardari, and Egypt/Yemen? Which scenario do you think is better?

Finally, are you confident on democracy being established after overthrowing your government?

Yes, long one! But I'm curious to know the opinions of Arabs on these questions. (turning off the TV for a while)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:01:11 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: Your opinion as an Arab about the protests going on.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:30:36 pm »
I'd really like to talk about my country since it's what I know so much about but I'll only say general stuff since I barely have time to talk plus of other  things.

1. I am with Justice not the protesters nor anyone else , I'm only with the one who'll bring Justice and peace back to my homeland.

2. I've seen bad things happen to some people whom I know but at the same time I can't forget certain things that the country did to my people like preventing many wars that might have  happened ages ago and that would've lasted for centuries from now. No one is perfect.

P.S. The only thing I will say is that I can't wait for Justice to come to my country because under the circumstances I'm very worried about my relatives and friends there.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:32:21 pm by ~ The Golden Girl ~ »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:50:23 am »
Hi to all the Arabs here! :D

I posted this in another thread. But I'm posting this again to gain more exposure.

I want to know Arab people's opinion about the protests going on in various countries for overthrowing their government.eg Syria, Egypt, Libya, Yemen etc. So, what's your take in this as an Arab yourself?

Do you support the protests?

Would you join the protesters if given the chance?

Are you sure that after overthrowing your current government, you will get a better one in the future (and not worse than the current one)?

Do you think that the civilian lives lost and suffering of businesses and the economy is worth it?

Many people in every country are displeased with their government. Even Obama has got so many haters. Do you think that people in all countries should use this 'revolution' method to overthrow their government? For example, people in Pakistan generally hate Zardari. What is the difference between countries like Pakistan, where people are not protesting despite their hate against Zardari, and Egypt/Yemen? Which scenario do you think is better?

Finally, are you confident on democracy being established after overthrowing your government?

Yes, long one! But I'm curious to know the opinions of Arabs on these questions. (turning off the TV for a while)

Expatriates count?

Naah man Pakistan is way more different than Arab states.

India and Pakistan are a special case. We cannot be united on any one issue because we are divided among many castes and tribes.
Like India has Biharis Keralis UP walas Punjabis Bengalis Chinese and shiz and Pakistan has Balochis Sindhis etc etc.

What we are seeing in Arab lands is a Arab renaissance~a cultural awakening and it has very little to do with economics.

Fear barrier has passed and nothing with stop Arab people from having a say on government.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:15 am »
Hey man why did you choose Pakistan By the way ::)

Dont you hate Shaikh Hanisa ?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:35 am »
Expatriates count?

Naah man Pakistan is way more different than Arab states.

India and Pakistan are a special case. We cannot be united on any one issue because we are divided among many castes and tribes.
Like India has Biharis Keralis UP walas Punjabis Bengalis Chinese and shiz and Pakistan has Balochis Sindhis etc etc.

Wow, that's a lot of sects. Are they enemies of each other? ::)

What we are seeing in Arab lands is a Arab renaissance~a cultural awakening and it has very little to do with economics.

Fear barrier has passed and nothing with stop Arab people from having a say on government.

I think what we are seeing is sheer madness and exaggeration. The libyan protest's root lies on the protests of a large group of government factory workers. Yes, that's from where all these protests spread. They were demanding pay rise and better conditions. Their demands were met by the govt. Still, all these happened. :-\

Hey man why did you choose Pakistan By the way

Dont you hate Shaikh Hanisa ?

Haha, good question. :P

Yep, I'm in disagreement with some of her policies (eg. silly war crime tribunal). But I don't hate her that much.

But from what I've seen in some pakistani forum, they seem to hate zardari to the bones.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:49:23 am by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »
This is what exactly what Arabs feel :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62RAK4arstU

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 05:52:34 pm »
Wow, that's a lot of sects. Are they enemies of each other? ::)

I think what we are seeing is sheer madness and exaggeration. The libyan protest's root lies on the protests of a large group of government factory workers. Yes, that's from where all these protests spread. They were demanding pay rise and better conditions. Their demands were met by the govt. Still, all these happened. :-\

Haha, good question. :P

Yep, I'm in disagreement with some of her policies (eg. silly war crime tribunal). But I don't hate her that much.

But from what I've seen in some pakistani forum, they seem to hate zardari to the bones.

No i do not hate him and i know quite a lot of people who share my opinion. Difference between Arab states and Pakistan is we can kick him out whenever we want to

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:44 pm »
I am with the change but what is happening now in my home country passed that level. We are going back not going any further.

Gratitude, is what the most lack.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3