Author Topic: OMG!!! You can also see WHO VIEWED YOUR PROFILE on FACEBOOK!!! :P  (Read 2143 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Facebook 'See Who Viewed Your Profile' Scams - Rogue 'Stalker' Apps
[/size][/color]

Outline
Various messages posted on Facebook claim that, by following a link and installing a Facebook application, you can see who has been viewing your Facebook Profile or find out who has been stalking you.

Brief Analysis
The claims in these messages are false. All Facebook apps that claim that they will enable you to see who has viewed your profile are scams. None work as claimed. These rogue applications are designed to fool Facebook users into visiting spam survey websites, signing up for expensive SMS or online services or parting with their personal information.

Examples :
Cool ,man I cannot believe that you can see who is viewing your profile. ! I just saw my top 10 profile stalkers and I am SHOCKED that my Ex is still viewing my profile :O ! You can also see WHO VIEWED YOUR PROFILE here [Link Removed]! Its Super Cool

Wow Now you can see Who is Stalking on your Profile [Link Removed]

Amazing! 8909 People viewed my Profile in 2010! And I just found out that My Ex was stalking over my Profile and was among top 10 viewers! I hate it seriously and I am Shocked! You can Check Who Viewed your Profile Here NOW - [Link Removed]

Detailed Analysis
Most users of social network Facebook, will have seen posts that promote applications that supposedly allow Facebook users to see who has been viewing their profile. These posts often claim that you can identify stalkers that may have been visiting your profile without your knowledge. The posts link to a Facebook application that will supposedly allow the user to view a list of those who have been viewing his or her profile.

However, the claims in these posts are nothing more than lies designed to trick Facebook users into installing rogue Facebook applications. In a typical case, here is what happens if a user goes ahead and gives permission for one of these rogue apps to access his or her Facebook account:

1. As soon as permission is granted, the rogue application will automatically post a copy of the message promoting the rogue app to the user's Facebook wall.

2. The user will then be presented with a list like the one in the screenshot below that supposedly reveals those who have recently viewed his or her profile:

[[[[[[[See attachment 1]]]]]]]]

As the screenshot reveals, pictures and names on the list are obscured and "locked".

3. The user is then presented with a pop-up window that claims that he or she must complete a survey to verify the account before being allowed to continue:

[[[[[[[[[see att. 2]]]]]]]]

However, even after the user completes a "survey", he or she will be informed that the "verification" failed and that another survey must be completed. In fact, the supposed list of "stalkers" is entirely bogus. Often, no matter how many surveys the user completes, the list of stalkers will never be unlocked as promised. In other cases, the app may finally reveal a completely random list of the user's normal Facebook friends with the false claim that the list represents "profile stalkers".
The "survey" links in fact lead to suspect third party websites that attempt to trick users into signing up for ridiculously over priced "services", downloading spyware, or providing personal information that may subsequently be used by spammers to distribute unwanted advertising material. Often, users are told that they must provide a mobile phone number in order to get the results of the "survey" and finish the verification process. However, fine print on the page informs users that, by entering their phone number, they are actually signing up for very expensive, ongoing SMS "service" that will be billed at several dollars for every text message received.

There have been many of these bogus "stalker" apps promoted on Facebook and new versions keep emerging. While details of the promotions may vary, none are legitimate. Not one of these bogus applications will actually provide users with meaningful or valid information about who has been viewing their profile. Such claims are outright lies. If you see a message promoting such an app posted on Facebook, do not click on the link provided. Do not give the application permission to access your account. And, if possible, inform the holder of the account where the message was posted that the application is bogus and should be removed.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: OMG!!! You can also see WHO VIEWED YOUR PROFILE on FACEBOOK!!! :P
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »
Facebook Deleting Inactive Users Hoax

Outline
Messages claims that Facebook is becoming overpopulated and that members who do not send the information to others within two weeks will have their accounts deleted.

Brief Analysis
These warning messages are pointless hoaxes and should be ignored. Facebook is NOT running out of space and your account will NOT be deleted if you do not send on such messages. The warnings are nothing more than newer versions of earlier hoaxes that have targeted a number of other online services, including Hotmail and Yahoo.

Examples
There are many complaints that Facebook has become unacceptably slow.The report shows that the reason is that Facebook has a number of non-active members. We want to send this message to see whether you're active members or not. If you don't post this message within 2 weeks you'll... ...be ...removed in order to get more space. Post this on your wall that you are still active. I AM ACTIVE!!!!!

Facebook have too much members. There are lots of members, whose complain, that facebook is to slowly. The reason for this is, that to much not active members are on facebook. We send this message, because we want to see, who is active and who is not.

If you're active, send this message to 15 other user (copy + paste) or all of your friends so that we see that you're an active one. We delete the members after two weeks whose not send this message to their friends. Founder of facebook
Mark Zuckerberg

Subject: [Message from Facebook]

Facebook is recently becoming very overpopulated,there have been many members complaining that Facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that the reason is that there are too many non-active Facebook members and, on the other side, too many new Facebook members.

We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active please send to at least 15 other users using Copy+ Paste to show that you are still active. Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to create more space.

Send this message to all your friends and to show me that your still active and you will not be deleted.

Founder of Facebook,
Mark Zuckerberg

Detailed Analysis
©iStockphoto.com/Alex Slobodkin

Hoaxes and false rumours can spread rapidly via Social Networking websites

These "warnings", and others of a similar nature, are again circulating via Facebook as well as email, Twitter, and instant messages. Versions of these absurd "Facebook closure" warning messages have been circulating since at least 2007. According to many of the messages, Facebook is becoming overpopulated and inactive users will soon be deleted to create more space. These messages instruct recipients to send the information to others to prove that they are active members or risk having their account "deleted without hesitation".

However, the information in these messages is complete nonsense and should not be taken seriously. In fact, such messages are just newer incarnations of a long running hoax that has targeted a number of online services, including Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN, Bebo, Orkut and several others.

Any claim that your account with a particular service will be deleted if you do not forward a message to others is certain to be a hoax. No legitimate company is ever likely to conduct business in this manner, least of all a hugely popular and successful entity such as Facebook.

Some online services do have a policy of terminating accounts that have been inactive for a specified period. However, in such cases, the service would almost certainly attempt to contact the user directly to warn of an impending account termination. It is simply absurd to suggest that the service would require its users to send on a particular message to others in order to prove that they are active members. Such services already know if a member is active via login records and other means. They do not require the reposting of a vague and poorly written message to ascertain a member's level of activity on the network.

Pranksters use this ruse because it is a very successful method of ensuring that a hoax message spreads far and wide. If you receive this message, please do not pass it on to others and let the sender know that the information is untrue. Such hoaxes do nothing more than clutter up our social networks and email inboxes with even more pointless garbage.

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:16:25 am »
Why is it here?
It's a nice article to make people aware of things.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 11:30:22 am »
Why's this in the bin? :S
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Amelia

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »
Moved it back to the right place.

Cool info. (Y) Though, I guess most of us are aware of it by now?

P.S - the new 'FB format' is just stoopid.  ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »
Is this for REAL ? ::) :o :o :o
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:27:43 pm »
Is this for REAL ? ::) :o :o :o

Someone stalking you, Romy?  :P

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »
Someone stalking you, Romy?  :P
It's the opposite. I stalk someone else. :P :P

Amelia

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 05:33:15 pm »
It's the opposite. I stalk someone else. :P :P

Who???? I aint even there on your friend's list.  ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 05:35:17 pm »
Who???? I aint even there on your friend's list.  ::)
Some one who caught my interest ... :P

LOL ;D

I jokes ... :P

I had a FB account but then I deactivated it for the past 2.5 years ... ::)

I opened it recently cos of some uni stuff which lead to some stalking stuff ... ::)

Now, it's back in it's coffin. :P

Offline Nobody

• Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 03:45:12 pm »
I don't think it is possible to know if someone viewed your profile, but those with whom you interact the most appear your friends section with a photo.
i.e. the people that you see below the photo.

not 100% sure though :/
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling!
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »
I don't think it is possible to know if someone viewed your profile, but those with whom you interact the most appear your friends section with a photo.
i.e. the people that you see below the photo.

not 100% sure though :/
*phew*

I am saved then ... I guess. :P