Author Topic: What Is the procedure of TOEFL?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
What Is the procedure of TOEFL?
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »
What Is the procedure of TOEFL????????

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: What Is the procedure of TOEFL?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:39:52 pm »
One of my friends posted this a few months ago ;)
You might not need to give any of these tests depending on where you're intending to apply.

IELTS/TOEFL are only needed if you intend to apply to a university in a country where one of the official languages is English (US, UK or Australia, for example) and your first language is not English i.e. the country where you have studied in high school does not treat English as a first language. Both are fairly equivalent, but TOEFL is easier compared to IELTS. IELTS is a UK/Australian qualification, while TOEFL is a US qualification. You need to give only one of the two. There are a few reported cases of Australian universities not accepting TOEFL, though, but I haven't found any university in UK with any such demands. For information of IELTS, go to http://www.ielts.org and for TOEFL, go to http://www.ets.org/toefl/ .

SAT is an American qualification. You may need it to get into all American universities (with marked deviance from this principle in the past few years), extra credit for UK/Australian/European universities or it is possible you can substitute your SAT Test scores with entry tests in your own country (if you are not American or European). Generally, SAT is given as:
SAT I only
SAT I + (SAT II x 1)
SAT I + (SAT II x 2)
SAT I + (SAT II x 3)
As far as I know, SAT I is a prerequisite for SAT II. SAT I is a Critical Reasoning Test, involving English and basic Math. SAT II are subject tests, including a variety of subjects. For more information, go to http://sat.collegeboard.com .

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:13:04 pm »
thanxx deadly king

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:45:07 am »

Offline johnsmith22

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:26 am »
The TOEFL® exam is undergoing some important changes. In order to meet the challenge of providing a more comprehensive assessment of an applicant’s ability to understand and use the English language in an academic environment, a “next generation” TOEFL® test has been developed to assess all four language skills - listening, reading, writing, and speaking. While some questions in each of the sections will be similar to questions found on the current computer-based test (CBT), others will be new. Thus, the scoring system will change as well. Each of the four language skills will now be reported on a scale of 0 to 30. There will also be a total score. In addition, the next generation TOEFL® exam will no longer have any computer-adaptive sections; it will be a linear assessment test covering a full range of levels of question difficulty. Note taking will be allowed on the new TOEFL® exam in order to better reflect real-life academic situations. The new test will take approximately four hours to finish. As of September 2005, the next generation TOEFL® iBT exam has begun to be administered via the Internet at secure, ETS®-approved test centers.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:10:20 pm by AboD »