Author Topic: Financial risk management  (Read 1217 times)

Offline avin

• SF Immigrant
Financial risk management
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »
Can anyone give some advice to me on the above qualification?
-What is the professional board i need to follow if after i get my degree from university? It is a must to do it?
-Which field have a brighter future compare the above one to accountancy?
-What characteristics a person should posses this and accountancy?

I am so worry and confuse about future career as i am in the university but still do not know which path i should go and so i need your guys to give me some advice on it. Hope this can enlighten me to a right way.
Thank you.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Financial risk management
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:14:28 pm »
Can anyone give some advice to me on the above qualification?
-What is the professional board i need to follow if after i get my degree from university? It is a must to do it?
-Which field have a brighter future compare the above one to accountancy?
-What characteristics a person should posses this and accountancy?

I am so worry and confuse about future career as i am in the university but still do not know which path i should go and so i need your guys to give me some advice on it. Hope this can enlighten me to a right way.
Thank you.

I myself am into it. However, most universities doesn't offer you a specialized course of Financial Risk management at undergraduate level. They do at postgraduate level. This is good as being 'diversified' at undergraduate level allows you to specialize in financial risk management modules in your 3rd year of study, as well as other business management related modules in first and second year.

1st question: I did not understand the question. Could you please rephrase it?

2nd question: Financial risk management is related to managing risks in investment or trading portfolios. If you're talking about job prospects, yes, its good. The degrees will often offer you a professional placement in the 4th year itself.

If you want to be a successful trader/hedger in the stock/commodities market, then yes, this is a very good field of study.

Overall, it depends on what you want to do.

Characteristics: Maths is necessary if you are going for entry at undergrad level. You can take it at A level or do a foundation course at university, whichever is appropriate. Check university requirements.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Financial risk management
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »
Study for a maths degree to get into this. Then get an mba for starting salary of £100000. One of my students is doing his mba now.