Author Topic: Art&Design  (Read 2047 times)

Offline pisecs

• SF Immigrant
Art&Design
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:21:50 am »
I was just wondering if anyone took the Art&Design IGCSE this year~
i had the observational and deisgn study~ i chose the jewellery and logo design
i spent so much time on them... like 3 weeks

oh yeah~ i've got the papers 1 and 3 with me...
well, the exam's over already~~ but art exam papers are not that helpful anyways...

here are my works~ ^^
By the way, the jewellery one is huge, it's bigger than an A2 size~ it took me 2 weeks, dont know why i drew it so huge
we've got only 3 hours of art a week so i had to stay after skool to work on my works cuz the dead line was on 24 Apr
(it was actually 30 Apr but the papers must be sent to cambridge by then so...)

Offline kitty

Re: Art&Design
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:28 am »
just wondering what your logo was for. did u do a rear view of it? i took art last year, n my friend did it this year. she chose the calligraphy question (something about a ship) and another piece called, "catch of the day." i remember what it was like 2 do it, n lemme tell u, i was sooo glad i didnt have 2 go through the whole process all over again!  ;D good luck with your art result, i only got a B, but im sure u'll do great. all d best ;)

Offline pisecs

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:35:24 pm »
just wondering what your logo was for. did u do a rear view of it? i took art last year, n my friend did it this year. she chose the calligraphy question (something about a ship) and another piece called, "catch of the day." i remember what it was like 2 do it, n lemme tell u, i was sooo glad i didnt have 2 go through the whole process all over again!  ;D good luck with your art result, i only got a B, but im sure u'll do great. all d best ;)

ahh~ i know that one about the ship
i was going to do the catch of the day too but i couldnt be bothered to think of a topic
so i chose the easy one, two items of jewellery =P

i know some topics from last year~ from the works that were sent back
there was one with holidays or something? from the observational studies
and also some paintbushes in a jar?

and the logo design from design study was the logo ARC for a ship company~

the one this year is the logo TREK for like a company which organizes activities, sportive activities~~
we had to draw the simple logo and also another one with the logo on a hat or t-shirt
so i drew the t-shirt on a yellow paper and cut it and stuck it onto another one
(dont know why i did that but i think it looks quite okay)

and i was a bit worried at first for using colouring pencils cuz i saw some models of the marking system
and colouring pencils werent like a very good technique to use~ i mean compared to other techniques
especially for gradient, paint would obviously be better but i just couldnt paint, especially tempera (my friend says that i've got paint phobia, lolz) >.<

and then when i did the jewellery one, i used ink and aquarelles~ the water colours
and i just managed to do it~~ i think i just relied on the water~ lolz

Offline kitty

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:24 am »
well last year i did an observational study, depicting a hobby- i chose gardening. simpler. it was pencil on watercolour paper. i'd post it up 4 u 2 see except i cant figure out how 2 do it ;D
i was let down by my design task. we had 2 design a bed sheet based on ferns/spiny plants.

at my school we were just given samples of work and the sort of marks you'd get. i was surprised i even got a B. we weren't really helped. but hey  :-\

wat other subjects r u taking? got a chemistry paper 2moro. wish me luck -__-"

Offline pisecs

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 09:56:23 am »
oh me too! i'm taking chem 2morrow too! lolz~
good luck!!!!!! x]]
i suck at chemistry tho
i just took the maths today, it's was sooooo easy!!!!
but hope that the grade thresholds wont be too harsh >.<
and i've got eng the day after, the reading passages one
paper 2, i think
i havent practised english for like 2 weeks now cuz we had like a talent show
and we had to use the eng lessons to practise a dance
how stupid~~~~ we've got exams!!! ughhh~~~
well~ anyways, GOOD LUCK again!!