Author Topic: 'Touching' anecdotes  (Read 27008 times)

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
Re: 'Touching' anecdotes
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »
Ofcourse, the days work often drains all energy and rational thinking abilities.  ::)

Move it, no probs. But let the topic remain the same. (Y)

Did you cry too, Abod?  ::)
Aliens DO NOT cry ::)
but some were  :'( :'(
;D :P

Amelia

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2011, 04:46:02 pm »
Aliens DO NOT cry ::)
but some were  :'( :'(
;D :P

Special ones do cry, sometimes. They are sensitive.  ;D

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 04:53:25 pm »
Special ones do cry, sometimes. They are sensitive.  ;D

Heroes do cry. ;D

Like this guy >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2EgGG5iUQ&feature=related

Lia watch it. You'll love it. :D

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Amelia

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »
Heroes do cry. ;D

Like this guy >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2EgGG5iUQ&feature=related

Lia watch it. You'll love it. :D

You are so right!! I LOVED it!!

Yusuf Estes is GREAT scholar, mA. And it happened here!!!  ;D

Zank you!  ;)

Allah Bless you!

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »
I read the 7 pages that I missed of that thread! :P

Great stories, some sad, others inspiring and some funny ones like the EGO/LOVE story. lol.

+rep to Lia, AOL, iluvme, MU, Saud and exam. I hope I didn't miss anyone who posted a story.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2011, 10:57:28 pm »
Graduation Day’s Gift

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer’s showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.
As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning  of his graduation his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and  told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box.
Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily, he raised his voice at his father and said, “With all your money you give  me  a Bible?” and stormed out of the house, leaving behind the holy book.
Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should visit him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed  to come home immediately and take care things. When he arrived at  his father’s house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart.
He began to search his father’s important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears,  he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he read those  words, a car key dropped from an envelope taped behind the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer’s name, the same dealer who had the sports  car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words: PAID IN FULL.
How many times do we miss our blessings because they are not packaged as we expected? Never miss your blessings when you don’t have any reasons to miss it.

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2011, 08:26:23 am »
^ We have that story posted here, somewhere. But thanks.  ;D

Mony, Keep reading.  ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
^ We have that story posted here, somewhere. But thanks.  ;D

Hmmmm, it's extra special with me posting it. ::) :P

Amelia

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
^ Wont deny that  :P

--------------------------------------

Story of an Old man.

An old man lived alone in a village. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison.

The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation:

Dear Son,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden, because your mother always loved planting time. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren't in prison.

Love,
Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden!! That's where I buried the GUNS!!"

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad.. It's the best I could do for you from
here."

Moral: NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DEEP FROM YOUR HEART YOU CAN DO IT. IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT MATTERS NOT WHERE YOU ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2011, 11:22:11 am »
Old People Line Up To Clean Radiation in Japan

Mr. Yamada: “I am 72 and on average I probably have 13 to 15 years left to live. Even if I were exposed to radiation, cancer could take 20 or 30 years or longer to develop. Therefore us older ones have less chance of getting cancer.”

Basically a group of 200+ retirees are volunteering to expose themselves to high levels of radiation so the younger men and women don’t have to.

Making the ultimate sacrifice to protect the lives of their children, and their children’s children. <3

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »
The mother and two week old daughter dug out of the rubble of the Turkish eartquake was touching.

Amelia

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 03:23:46 pm »
Been looking for this story, I hope it aint posted already  ::)

-----
SubhaanAllah - an inspiring story:
Six year old boy decided one morning to make pancake for his parents. He found a big bowl and spoon; He pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten. He was covered with flour and getting frustrated.

He wanted this to be something very good for his parents, but it was getting very bad. He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove, (and he didn't know how the stove works!).

Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up all mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big tears came in the boys eyes. All he did wanted to do was something good, but he did made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him. Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him.

Moral of Story: That's how Allah (SWT) deals with us.

We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend or we can't stand our job or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when Allah (SWT) picks us up and loves us and forgives us.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes" Sooner or later we will get it right, and then they will be glad to see that we atlas tried...

Motivational Quote: "Success is not permanent and failure is not final. So, never stop working after success and never stop trying after failure."

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 06:26:40 pm »
THREE HUNDRED GOLD COINS

Ibn Abbas narrates: “Once, three hundred gold coins were gifted to the Noble Prophet (s.a.w) which he in turn gifted to the Commander of the Faithful(a.s). As the Imam (a.s) took them, he declared: “By Allah! I shall surely give this amount in charity in a manner such that it shall be accepted by Allah.”
Later, Imam Ali (a.s) narrates: “That night, after having offered the ‘Isha prayer, I picked up one hundred gold coins and came out of the mosque. As I did so, I happened to encounter a woman and so handed over the money to her. In the morning the people were found to be talking amongst themselves, saying: “Last night Ali (a.s) gave a hundred gold coins in charity to an adulteress.” I was greatly distressed to hear this.
The following night, after the ‘Isha prayer, I picked up another hundred gold coins and came out of the mosque saying to myself: “By Allah! Tonight I shall give this in charity such that Allah shall accept this act from me.
As I emerged from the mosque, I found myself face to face with a man and handed over the money to him.”
At daybreak the talk amongst the inhabitants of Madinah was: “Ali (a.s) has given a hundred gold coins to a thief, and I became immensely despondent.”
The third night I picked up another hundred gold coins and said to myself: “By Allah! I shall surely give these hundred gold coins in charity to such a person, that Allah shall accept my charity.
After the ‘Isha prayer, coming out of the mosque, I ran into a man and handed him the money. In the morning, the people of Madinah were found saying: “Last night Ali (a.s) gave a hundred gold coins to a rich and wealthy person.”
I was extremely pained to hear this and so, approaching the Noble Prophet (s.a.w), I informed him of the incidents that had taken place.
Having heard me, he (s.a.w) said: “O’ Ali! Jibrail says: “Allah, the Exalted, has accepted your charities and considers them to be pure. (As for) the hundred gold coins that you had given to the immoral lady on the first night - returning home she turned to Allah in repentance over her past misdeeds and mended her ways. She has set aside the gold coins as her capital and is on the lookout for a husband.
The hundred gold coins of the second night had reached a thief who, upon reaching home, repented over his wrong-doings and utilized the amount for engaging in trade.
The hundred gold coins of the third night had reached the hands of a wealthy person, who had not been paying his zakat for years. Reaching home he began to censure himself saying: “How lowly and base can you be? While you have been violating Allah’s ruling and not been paying the obligatory zakat for several years, Ali Ibn Abi Talib, despite not possessing anything, has given you a hundred gold coins.” Having rebuked himself, he then calculated his unpaid zakat of several years and disbursed it.”

It was due to this act on the part of Imam Ali (a.s) that Allah revealed the following verse in his (a.s) excellence:
“Men whom neither merchandise nor selling diverts from the remembrance of Allah and the keeping up of prayer and the giving of poor-rate; they fear a day in which the hearts and eyes shall turn about."

source: http://yaahlulbayt.tumblr.com/post/24728611839