Author Topic: US government's business policy!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
US government's business policy!
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:52 am »
A few days ago I received this email from an unknown source, I thought I might share it with you guys. In a way I think this email tries to explain the multiplier effect‘ where money is created by temporarily depositing a certain amount of money with party X, and then party X deposit that amount with party Y and so on. Thus that amount of money is multiplied to an infinite number unless restricted by central banks by implementing a required reserve.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the month of August on the shores of the Black Sea. It is raining, and the little town looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit. 

Suddenly, a rich tourist comes to town. He enters the only hotel, lays a 100 Euro note on the reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one.

The hotel proprietor takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the butcher.

The Butcher takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the pig grower.

The pig grower takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.

The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the town’s prostitute that in these hard times, gave her “services” on credit.

The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.

The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.

At that moment, the rich tourist comes down after inspecting the rooms, takes his 100 Euro note, saying that he did not like any of the rooms, and leaves town.

No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism…

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States Government is doing business today.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: US government's business policy!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:05 am »
Oooh.......that's very aweful.

How do they plan to develop if they perform like this?

elemis

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:01:18 am »
The US government simply borrows money from different countries and institutions around the world, but one might ask how CAN they borrow such large amounts with little or no collateral ?

So what the government does is issue TREASURY BONDS to their creditors. Now you might think, so what ? They still owe the money once the bonds mature.

Here's the clever part. Each of those bonds is valued in DOLLARS. So when it comes time to pay all the US has to do is print more money to pay off the debt.

However, the printing of money simply devalues the currency so that all the creditors receive is worthless paper.

A true story.

Alpha

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:14:12 pm »
That's not a bad strategy. It's just the flow of money, that has to go on.

Thank you for sharing Bill. :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:29:45 pm by Cleo~patra VII »

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:28:40 pm »
The US government simply borrows money from different countries and institutions around the world, but one might ask how CAN they borrow such large amounts with little or no collateral ?

So what the government does is issue TREASURY BONDS to their creditors. Now you might think, so what ? They still owe the money once the bonds mature.

Here's the clever part. Each of those bonds is valued in DOLLARS. So when it comes time to pay all the US has to do is print more money to pay off the debt.

However, the printing of money simply devalues the currency so that all the creditors receive is worthless paper.

A true story.

What an exact point. 8)

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline username

• SF Geek
  • Nobody is perfect.... I am Nobody.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:12:34 pm »

A true story.
cud u like answer a question fr me plz?

i mean
wud the the currency fall if the currency is printed "not - officially"
i mean like
officially there is no record of it
but
it is traded in

am i makin sense?

elemis

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:30:18 pm »
cud u like answer a question fr me plz?

i mean
wud the the currency fall if the currency is printed "not - officially"
i mean like
officially there is no record of it
but
it is traded in

am i makin sense?

I think you mean depreciate in value ? If it is traded the value of the currency will fall, simple.

Supply and demand.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »
The process is not nearly as simple as everyone here thinks. ;)

The federal reserve and the US government are two separate identities. There comes the problem for the US government and its huge national debt. The Fed is a profit motive private company owned indirectly by international bankers (top banks in several European (mainly England) countries and the US as well eg. Rotheschilds, Rockefeller's institutions among the US ones).

Whenever the US govt. wants to print money, whether to meet a budget deficit or social security payments, it cannot do so itself because only the Fed has the right to print notes in the US, which is a separate entity to the US government. It has to BORROW from Fed by selling 5-30 yr treasury bonds to the Fed, and thus, it has to pay around 2-3% interest on the amount borrowed, whenever it wishes to 'print' money. The Fed in turn, sells these treasury bonds to foreign countries if deemed necessary, which accounts for international central banks and organisations.

Over the long term, this process assumes that the production/investment vehicles, for which the govt. spends this money, covers the minimum 2-3% interest which the govt. has to pay to the Fed. Over the short term, this may be considered "money out of thin air". But over the long term (duration of the treasury bonds, typically 5-30 yrs), the government's expenditure on production and investment vehicles must return at least 2-3% for it to be able to pay the interest and to ensure that the Fed doesn't have to sell any gold to pay the international/local creditors, due to a default of the US government. The Fed will, in turn, pay any foreign central banks, who claims its bonds, after they have become mature.

Bonds are traded as well, which means that if a central bank/organisation does not want to hold a portion of the US debt anymore, it may sell the bond to a central bank/organisation of another country wishing to purchase such bonds. However, the bonds can only be claimed (with interest) after the maturity period, when the FED will be compelled to pay them + interest (not the US government).

Its a  2 way process. This is to ensure that the US government cannot simply print money to finance its expenditure (without the treasury bond mechanism) and raise inflation to 200000% and devalue the dollar to 1 Bangladeshi taka = 1 dollar (now its $1=70Tk). And to ensure the transparency of the US bonds, the ownership of the Fed rests in the hand of foreign central banks as well as some US banks.  ;)

The Fed earns its 'profit' through the difference between the interest rates charged to each party, which includes the US government as well (a very nominal difference though).

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:43:18 pm by Bill Gates »

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 03:50:51 pm »
It is only cos people believe in the dollar that they can do this. Why do people believe in the dollar?

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 04:05:58 pm »
It is only cos people believe in the dollar that they can do this. Why do people believe in the dollar?

Not only the US. Every country which issues bonds does this directly or indirectly.

There are German bonds, Swedish bonds, French bonds etc etc etc.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 10:26:51 pm »
The Americans dont buy those bonds, but the German/Swiss etc buy US bonds. Why is that?

Alpha

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
Because the net is too small to fit the Lion. :D :P
Only rats can enter. ::)

elemis

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 11:14:26 am »
The Americans dont buy those bonds, but the German/Swiss etc buy US bonds. Why is that?

Like I said, America offers Treasury Bonds valued in Dollars in exchange for loans. Those bonds are nothing more than IOUs.

When it comes time to pay all America needs to do is print the money and give it to the Swiss/German lender.... but in doing so the actual monetary worth of Dollar bills will have fallen.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 10:43:12 am »
Like I said, America offers Treasury Bonds valued in Dollars in exchange for loans. Those bonds are nothing more than IOUs.

When it comes time to pay all America needs to do is print the money and give it to the Swiss/German lender.... but in doing so the actual monetary worth of Dollar bills will have fallen.

I'm not sure if the Fed resorts to the printing presses each time, but doing that repeatedly could seriously devalue the dollar and affect US businesses in the long term.