Author Topic: Should divorce be legal?  (Read 35037 times)

Alpha

Re: Should divorce be legal?
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »
The rotating pyramid on your signature is cute. :P :D

You're right. Marriage is boring without some spice, like petty fights. :P

Thank you.  :) Enlarge it and watch it rotate, it's fun. :D

At last, you agree on something.  ;)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2010, 06:05:56 pm »
Thank you.  :) Enlarge it and watch it rotate, it's fun. :D

At last, you agree on something.  ;)

Yeah. Rarely do we ever agree on something. :P :D

Offline MiniLuv

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2011, 10:18:02 am »
From the male perspective, the thought of having access to only one vagina for the rest of his life is quite daunting, and one of my gender may become bored of that same-old.

/thread  ;D jks, I never divorce because I would have spent a long time with that girl and got to know her. We would go through hardships but thats life isn't it? Divorce is like suicide. You quit cos you can't handle it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:24:51 am by MiniLuv »

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:32 am »
either:

both marraige & divose should be made legal(because if there no law to divorse , people would still seperate if they really cant bear their marriage ,& them being imprisoned 4 it, or required 2 pay a large sum of money 4 breaking law wouldn't be too good.After all both hav to agreee on divorse to get it !)
or
both shouldent be made leagal:

(then none of these problems would arise , living together/marrage based purely on trust placed on each other or else da other extreame changing partners every minute :D)

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline DucatiM

• SF Senior Citizen
  • There's no friends at 200mph
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2011, 11:49:40 am »
i think divorce should be legal...

consider the times when marriages have deteriorated immensely... like beyond salvation... divorce becomes an important and best step to take... without that the children of that marriage are usually not socially upright and tend to have big time psychological issues...
Stoner to Rossi... "Your ambition outweighed your talent..."

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:47 pm »
If divorce is illegal, then no one would want to get married. Illegal relationships is what we will be seeing occurring the most.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2011, 12:12:25 pm »
From the male perspective, the thought of having access to only one vagina for the rest of his life is quite daunting, and one of my gender may become bored of that same-old.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. ::)
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2011, 12:20:02 pm »
If divorce is illegal, then no one would want to get married. Illegal relationships is what we will be seeing occurring the most.

I agree that divorce should be legal. But illegal relationships still occur now when divorce is perfectly legal.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2011, 12:26:25 pm »
I agree that divorce should be legal. But illegal relationships still occur now when divorce is perfectly legal.

I didn't say it won't occur but it will happen 'more' when divorce is illegal.

Even if two married people dislike each other and can't get a divorce, each of them would end up having an illegal intercourse with another person.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »
I didn't say it won't occur but it will happen 'more' when divorce is illegal.

Even if two married people dislike each other and can't get a divorce, each of them would end up having an illegal intercourse with another person.

Okay, would love to have your opinion on this: https://studentforums.biz/debates/your-opinion-as-an-arab-about-the-protests-going-on/

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2011, 10:00:39 am »
Divorce should be legal :o The minute it becomes illegal I see half the men in this world shooting themselves dead :D

On a fair note, divorce should be legal. I see that some countries have designated ways of making sure that divorce is not to be toyed with. In the US, divorce results in 50% of the property owned by the male of the family (or the earning hand? something like that) to be transferred in name of the ex-wife. Children are also not just playthings you can toss around and there are concrete rules on who should have the guardianship of the child, how often the other parent may interact with the child (especially if the divorce was a result of the incompetence of misbehavior of the other parent) and whatnot. So a sane couple would either not marry and once they married, they would like to be dead sure that 'until death do they part'.

As far as my religious beliefs go, divorce is legal and a ''necessary sin', per se. It's preferred to not divorce and the procedure makes it quite comfortable for the woman to adjust in the South Asian society or even abroad.

Skimming through it: divorce (talaaq) is declared twice. Ideally this should be done over a period of three menstrual cycles for the woman, so that after the first divorce they don't necessarily 'associate' but have time to think. Reconciliation in this period of time nullifies the divorce.

The three menstrual cycles are actually the woman's iddat, after which she can remarry. The purpose seems to be confirmation of whether she is pregnant or not, and also this paves way (in case all the divorces have not been said) for making up with the man again. She stays in the man's house during this time, if she is pregnant she stays with him until she has delivered the child. She is not bound to raise the child and even if the ex-husband wants her to breastfeed the child, she holds the right to demand payment since it is no longer her responsibility. Hence, after divorce the child is the sole responsibility of the father and his family; if the father is deemed unfit for undertaking this responsibility the government may take responsibility, and if the mother wishes and is deemed fit she may take responsibility of the child. The woman can also divorce the man, it is known as khula and is more of a 'plea for talaaq' to the court which then ensures the man divorces her. The mehr (a sum of money given to the woman at the time of marriage) is maintained by the woman and will not be returned.

As far as promiscuity and unfaithfulness go, it'll only increase in incidence if divorce is abolished. Maybe a man isn't unfaithful as such, but if he's stuck with a woman he no longer wants he is then forced to cheat on her. Though men/women who are bad with monogamy are going to end up cheating on their spouse, divorce or not.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline MiniLuv

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2012, 04:26:07 am »
"I would have spent a long time with that girl and got to own her" - Me

I'm terribly sorry if anyone read that and thought I meant that, I was meant to say got to "know" her. It was an honest mistake and I only just realised. Sorry.

Offline Becca

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 10:16:01 am »
Divorce should be legal, especially in cases where the husband is abusing the wife and/or the children. This allows the wife to choose whether she wants to start a new life with her children without the abusive husband, or not. :-\
There's nothing else I like better than reading, honestly. :)

Offline sweetsh

• Retired Adminstrator
  • SF V.I.P
  • *Freedom
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
Ofcourse.

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »
Divorce should be legal, especially in cases where the husband is abusing the wife and/or the children. This allows the wife to choose whether she wants to start a new life with her children without the abusive husband, or not. :-\

You forgot the vice versa.

Women nowadays ::)
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~