Author Topic: Should divorce be legal?  (Read 35100 times)

Offline Becca

• SF Immigrant
Re: Should divorce be legal?
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2012, 02:40:52 am »
You forgot the vice versa.

Women nowadays ::)

Haha, yeah, women can be pretty violent at times. The poor husbands.  :-X
There's nothing else I like better than reading, honestly. :)

Offline Rvel Zahid

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »
Its unfortunate when one couple ends up without any other option but divorce. The close ones might try to fix the matters but in some cases it doesn't really work and every attempt fails.
this is a reality that most of the couples after 5-10 years of their marriage get into troubles and divorce comes into the debate.
In the decision making many factors have to be taken into consideration like:-
-The class from which a couple belongs
-religion
-traditions and customs
-education
-number of kids a couple has
-financial condition of a couple

A woman of a lower middle class family might find difficult to take this decision because she is financially dependent on husband. Most of the families might not support her in this decision. You become a target of ill gossip if a woman gets divorce.
insecurity and lack of vision might hamper in taking a decision. I am talking about the less privileged societies. if she is modern and enlightened then she might be able to cope well with the after effects and her self belief might help her to start a new life after abandoning her first marriage.
in the male dominant society the law might encourage males to marry twice or thrice which is immoral if you are doing that in order to seek pleasure. i think its fine if you marry twice if you have infertility issues with first wife because majority can't really afford test tube babies or the use of genetic advancements in order to have a baby. peer pressure and backward society might come into effect if you adopt a baby. this kind of mindset doesn't prevails in educated class and in advanced countries where literacy rate is high, the state owns its people and where laws are being implemented...

The situation is different in developed countries where you see freedom of choice. the freedom might be used in a wrong way but with everything, negatives do exist.
In this case, i believe the advantages overlook the disadvantages in legalising the divorce and making it an open decision according to one's desire. You gotta think for majority benefits while making a decision....

Offline Requiem_reborn

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 09:02:56 am »
I divorced my girl friend because she turned out to be a Ismaili (Muslim)

so yes divorce should be legal so that both sides should be happy.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2012, 08:01:13 pm »
I divorced my girl friend because she turned out to be a Ismaili (Muslim)

so yes divorce should be legal so that both sides should be happy.

Just because of her being Ismaili ? ::)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:28 am »
^^ Ismaili, I think that's a sect of islam. but what's wrong with being ismaili man? Poor girl. :P

Alpha

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:39 am »
You bet... You divorce a religious girlfriend, but then you look for a religious wife. ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2012, 02:31:44 pm »
^^ Ismaili, I think that's a sect of islam. but what's wrong with being ismaili man? Poor girl. :P

It's a sub-sect within the Shiism sect.

Exactly. I'm wondering the same ...

You bet... You divorce a religious girlfriend, but then you look for a religious wife. ::)

I know right. ::)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Rvel Zahid

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2012, 11:59:49 pm »
@Requiem_reborn: i think religion is a very personal issue like you have your own set of beliefs and ideals in life. would you like to tell that why did u had to marry on the first place if you were so bothered by her religion. or if u really loved her then why didn't you show her the right path i.e your religion.

Offline Requiem_reborn

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2012, 06:51:43 am »
for those of you who are oblivious to this sect, you should know that Ismailis and main stream Muslims (shia/Sunni) are radically different in almost every ritual.
It would only lead to chaos later on and knowing my mom and family, its almost guaranteed.

and Rvel, Bro.. I did not marry her.. i was in a relationship. And the last thing I would wanna do is preach knowing how weak i am on my own religious principles.

Offline Rvel Zahid

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »
hi, ok i respect your thoughts but i would never do such a thing that ending relation due to religion or a different sect etc. i think everyone is searching, discovering and trying to find the truth, correct path. mind keeps on wondering and questioning about the religious issues. nothing is constant. the bond between two people in my view is more important then the unsolved mysteries in the mind.
but if a person behaves stubbornly and doesn't wanna think on religious issues, acts rigid or as a fanatic in his views, and stops learning then that it is a worry for me.
i don't know about your case but obviously family pressure and other peer pressures have to be considered as well but i can fight and convince others with logical argument if i was in a similar position. :)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2012, 03:29:13 am »
@requiem_reborn: Well, just because she holds a different religious belief, does not mean you be unfair to her.

The thing about sect is like this: If you go ask her why she is ismaili, she will explain it logically why she is so, just like you can explain why you are "sunni". So, tolerate people. ::) Quran even permits marrying christisans and jews,let alone ismaili. :P

Well, if religious matters were so strict in your family you should have asked her first before going out with her... That's not fair, consider how she feels about you now?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:32:55 am by $tyli$h Executive »

Amelia

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2012, 04:22:47 pm »
LOL. It's funny how "religion" and "(pre-marital) relationship" go hand in hand these days.

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• I would love to help, but.....you know
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2013, 07:00:35 am »
I think no law should interfere with laws in religion that does not cause major problems, so yes divorce should be legal, even though i do suggest couples to find another alternative especially if they have children, because those children will loose the most and they coudnt even say a word
I can only please one person a day
Today is NOT your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2013, 11:02:56 am »
I saw a pic of an 11 year old girl in Yemen, married and divorced from a 40 something year old man, holding a divorce party.
New trend?

Offline Flamed-Ghoust

• I would love to help, but.....you know
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2013, 10:02:25 am »
OMG, now people cant even choose a wife properly, i wonder what is next...Men getting married to cute baby girls
I can only please one person a day
Today is NOT your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either