Author Topic: Should divorce be legal?  (Read 33951 times)

Alpha

Should divorce be legal?
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:41:41 am »
If people are misusing it, should it be a lawful right?

elemis

Re: Should divorce be legal?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:55:13 am »
Give me an example of how it is misused. Just so that I know what were talking about.

Alpha

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:58:53 am »
Give me an example of how it is misused. Just so that I know what were talking about.

Some people, in backward societies, who are still stuck to old traditions, marry and divorce as often as it rains in the Amazon.  ::)
It's like, a one-night business. The wives are given money, in exchange of a divorce. Prostitution in disguise.

elemis

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:10:12 am »
Some people, in backward societies, who are still stuck to old traditions, marry and divorce as often as it rains in the Amazon.  ::)
It's like, a one-night business. The wives are given money, in exchange of a divorce. Prostitution in disguise.

Still, those people represent a minority. In addition if we look at the larger picture most divorces are undertaken for VERY good reasons.

By eliminating this right, so-to-speak, you could cause many innocent people grievous harm.

For example, if your hypothetical husband were to abuse you and your children you would obviously desire a divorce.

If the right to divorce were to be waived then you would continue to face such abuse.....

Thus, no, I believe the right to divorce is a fundamental idea that every man and woman should have. If they misuse they will be caught in the end.

Alpha

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:18:29 am »
Still, those people represent a minority. In addition if we look at the larger picture most divorces are undertaken for VERY good reasons.

By eliminating this right, so-to-speak, you could cause many innocent people grievous harm.

For example, if your hypothetical husband were to abuse you and your children you would obviously desire a divorce.

If the right to divorce were to be waived then you would continue to face such abuse.....

Thus, no, I believe the right to divorce is a fundamental idea that every man and woman should have. If they misuse they will be caught in the end.

But if people are going to be deprived of the right to divorce, would they not then be more careful about their selection of partners?

Don't you think now people are being hasty with the marriage issue?
After all, it is a commitment.

elemis

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 07:24:06 am »
But if people are going to be deprived of the right to divorce, would they not then be more careful about their selection of partners?

Don't you think now people are being hasty with the marriage issue?
After all, it is a commitment.

People make wrong choices in life, we all need a second chance.

Though it is a commitment we must realise that many people till today have forced marriages. Having a divorce in a western country may be the only hope in such cases.

Alpha

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:16:37 am »
People make wrong choices in life, we all need a second chance.

Though it is a commitment we must realise that many people till today have forced marriages. Having a divorce in a western country may be the only hope in such cases.

And why not Eastern?  ;)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 06:01:12 am »
Divorce offers flexibility (eg in case the hubby is a wife beater or not so good). Of course it should be legal.

Alpha

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 01:05:22 pm »
Divorce offers flexibility (eg in case the hubby is a wife beater or not so good). Of course it should be legal.

Flexibility, or too much flexibility? (:

Alpha

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 02:29:36 pm »
the kid's point of you . I think it's really a pity since the kids are torn apart ,they're like torn to go with their mom and then dad . A kid with a divorced parents , it's really hard on the kid to be honest but if there is a judge that'll be giving the Children the CARE that they need what I believe is the it should be Legal .

In the parents' point of View , Some parents ,if they continue to live with each other are just going to ruin each other'e lives for example those who beat their spouse then It'll definitely be a CRIME for Divorce NOT to be Legalized for such a couple .

But as for what Alpha said at the Beginning, I have heard of such situations for REAL Unfortunately ,It saddens me to be honest but After ALL why deprive a WHOLE nation just because a few people Misuse something .

That's All.

A judge cannot replace a mother and father.

I'll get back later.

Offline Aadeez || Zafar

• SF Master
  • Knowledge, Chaapppar Phad kay
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 07:26:27 pm »
it a man or woman's born right to choose wheather to live with the person or not and if doesnt want than no legal power cn stop him or her

Yeh BaaabuRaao ka style hein!

Alpha

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 03:09:07 pm »
it a man or woman's born right to choose wheather to live with the person or not and if doesnt want than no legal power cn stop him or her

I wanna kill people I don't wanna see walking on Earth. Can any legal power stop me?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:47 am »
Flexibility, or too much flexibility? (:

Okay, imagine yourself to be married to a worthless hubby who has an extramarital affair with another woman. Wouldn't you like to divorce him after you discover this? ::)

And through divorce, you can leave a husband as you wish. And hence the flexibility, which is very necessary for everyone to live happily. ;)

Alpha

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 01:27:25 pm »
Okay, imagine yourself to be married to a worthless hubby who has an extramarital affair with another woman. Wouldn't you like to divorce him after you discover this? ::)

And through divorce, you can leave a husband as you wish. And hence the flexibility, which is very necessary for everyone to live happily. ;)

*Ahem*

Okay, so if my hypothetical husband is "worthless", as a dutiful and responsible wife, it's part of my role to transform him into a worthy person. And about the extramarital affair, I'll just kill off the other woman, and call it "self defence" in court.   ::)

Now, let us come to you. :P
To your common language: you know when a man divorces a woman, both get half of the property and everything else. How many times are you going to divorce and remarry? You will be a pauper by the end of your 50's due to "flexibility".  ::)

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 01:29:46 pm »
I wanna kill people I don't wanna see walking on Earth. Can any legal power stop me?

The world will stop you. :P

Divorces should be legal. I mean how can a person spend his/her whole life with someone whom she doesn't want.