Author Topic: Who said women are equal even today?  (Read 9768 times)

Alpha

Who said women are equal even today?
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXBdpLWn4E

After watching this, I don't think I need to elaborate more.

Freaked12

Re: Who said women are equal even today?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »
Generalization much.

Afghan culture is repressive like this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:42:31 am by Requiem »

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 04:38:19 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXBdpLWn4E

After watching this, I don't think I need to elaborate more.

That is sad.

It's Afghanistan... not the same everywhere though.

The sky had a baby from my cereal box!

Amelia

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 05:30:19 am »
Outrageous!! >:(

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:04:26 am »
W0W............i was shocked when I saw this :-[

It really makes you angry when you see things like this happen >:(

Nevertheless, SpongeBob is right. It's an exception which does not happen daily everywhere across the globe.

About equality of women, I personally don't think women would ever equal men. Don't mind, but this is a truth which we cannot omit.

Yet much progress has taken place so that women have their rights respected and I believe this is highly encouraging for every single woman on Earth. ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:30:36 am by Deadly_king »

Amelia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:32:41 am »
W0W............i was shocked when I saw this :-[

It really makes you angry when you see things like this happen >:(

Nevertheless, SpongeBob is right. It's an exception which does not happen daily everywhere across the globe.

About equality of women, I personally don't think women would ever equal men. Don't mind, but this is a truth which we cannot omit.

Yet much progress has taken place so that women have their rights respected and I believe this is highly encouraging for every single women on Earth. ;)

Yup, very encouraging, king! ;)
And about "equality", its obvious. women excel in everything they do.  :P And in some places women are more respected then men. ;D

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:01 am »
Yup, very encouraging, king! ;)
And about "equality", its obvious. women excel in everything they do.  :P And in some places women are more respected then men. ;D

Hehe............you can take it that way. ;D

Whether men or women are better, I won't say anything about it. :P

But what am sure, is that women were, are and will never be equal to men. ;)

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »
Dead king, don't be rude to women! :P

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Alpha

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 02:35:02 pm »
No, don't stereotype. It's not only about Afghanistan. Women suffer in EVERY part of the world, be it in whatever form.
I've read about Saudi, Paki, African, even American women who face as disastrous consequences as this one. This phenomenon happens in all 5 continents.

The only difference is that New York Times made a fuss about this situation because it happened in Afghanistan and because it is in line with America's battle against radical Islam, while things that happen in associate countries are kept stuffed under the pillow.

It's an exception? Aren't there too many exceptions in today's world?

Even I don't believe equality can ever prevail. But inequality isn't parallel to the violation of human rights.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:36:44 pm by ~Alpha »

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »
Media hype? Not really. There have been cases of sexual/physical abuse in places other than the Middle East and I am much aware of it. Like the Fritzl case if you remember?

In 2005 % of women abused in America and Europe was less then about 15 % (avg) whereas in Asia and Middle East it was about 40 % (avg)

I tried to look up for the latest figures but I couldn't find it. You see there's a large difference in the 2 figures.Women(on average) are better off in the developed nations.

elemis

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 03:26:50 pm »
The only difference is that New York Times made a fuss about this situation because it happened in Afghanistan and because it is in line with America's battle against radical Islam, while things that happen in associate countries are kept stuffed under the pillow.

I dont see how blowing up an issue like this is a bad thing.

Are you suggesting that America should shutup about such instances of abuse ? If they were to keep quiet you would accuse them of not giving a damn for the people of Afghanistan.

Additionally, the services and support given to people in Developed 'associate' nations (as you termed) it are far better and greater than those in Afghanistan.

Afghanis cant rely on their own Police force for protection let alone enforcement of law.

Lastly, who are these 'associate' nations ? Who do you accuse of sweeping things under the carpet ? Canada ? France ?

Alpha

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:51 pm »
Media hype? Not really. There have been cases of sexual/physical abuse in places other than the Middle East and I am much aware of it. Like the Fritzl case if you remember?

In 2005 % of women abused in America and Europe was less then about 15 % (avg) whereas in Asia and Middle East it was about 40 % (avg)

I tried to look up for the latest figures but I couldn't find it. You see there's a large difference in the 2 figures.Women(on average) are better off in the developed nations.

What's the point of giving percentages if we know very well how it's easy to 'hide' these occurrences?

I dont see how blowing up an issue like this is a bad thing.

Are you suggesting that America should shutup about such instances of abuse ? If they were to keep quiet you would accuse them of not giving a damn for the people of Afghanistan.

Additionally, the services and support given to people in Developed 'associate' nations (as you termed) it are far better and greater than those in Afghanistan.

Afghanis cant rely on their own Police force for protection let alone enforcement of law.

Lastly, who are these 'associate' nations ? Who do you accuse of sweeping things under the carpet ? Canada ? France ?

Blowing up an issue isn't bad, NOT blowing up ALL issues is bad.

Should America throw dirt on selective countries only? And what about others? Isn't the supposed to be free press be democratic for everyone, equally? Aren't they stealthily creating stereotypes and prejudices?

Arabia saw worse. Aisha had her nose and ears affected, the Saudis were attacked directly on their genitals. And NO ONE dared reveal those cases, unless the, now Queen, herself decided to remove the veil, that also, secretly and by playing with her own life.

I'm not going to mention countries. We are not having a debate about nations, but of women, all around the world.

Just mentioned that point to make it clear that this is a worldwide phenomenon, and not of few nations only.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:49:46 pm by ~Alpha »

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 03:58:07 pm »
What's the point of giving percentages if we know very well how it's easy to 'hide' these occurrences?

How much can one hide?  See the difference in % It's a big margin.

I've traveled and observed.

elemis

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »
Alpha, I doubt you are naiive enough to actually believe it is the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT who is telling the NY Times what to report on.

When you refer to America, what entity do you refer to ? The government ? The people ?

Because it is FREE PRESS, the NY Times has the right to report what it wants as it see fits. Forcing them to report on all instances of abuse against women is not considered FREE PRESS.

I dont disagree with the fact that women are abused all around the world. My argument is that you cannot claim that the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT or its PEOPLE are responsible for creating STEREOTYPES.

Because they arent. They are stating a fact that women in Afghanistan are mutilated because of Taliban rulers who mould the teachings of Islam to strike fear into the hearts of Afghani women.

Rather than starting a blame game with America being the perennial scape goat you/we should be supporting the American troops who give their lives each day to free the Afghani people from tyranny.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 04:15:38 pm »

Blowing up an issue isn't bad, NOT blowing up ALL issues is bad.

Should America throw dirt on selective countries only? And what about others? Isn't the supposed to be free press be democratic for everyone, equally? Aren't they stealthily creating stereotypes and prejudices?

Arabia saw worse. Aisha had her nose and ears affected, the Saudis were attacked directly on their genitals. And NO ONE dared reveal those cases, unless the, now Queen, herself decided to remove the veil, that also, secretly and by playing with her own life.

I'm not going to mention countries. We are not having a debate about nations, but of women, all around the world.

Just mentioned that point to make it clear that this is a worldwide phenomenon, and not of few nations only.

Why do you have this notion of America being an evil nation? What makes you think it's only selective countries that media talks about? Are you not aware of similar cases in other nations?

A lot many cases are suppressed in Saudi. I read this book called Princess. Shocking.
 "NO ONE dared reveal those cases" - If the rule is rigid, how is media to gain access? Monarchy is not good.