Author Topic: A request to all Members !!!  (Read 5784 times)

elemis

A request to all Members !!!
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:09:16 pm »
As you all know the CIE As/A Level and IGCSE examinations have/will soon begin.

If you find threads or members asking for tips to an exam please send us a PM along with a URL to the suspect thread.

Members MAY NOT discuss exams until 24 hours have passed since the exam was started.

Cheating in any manner is a serious offence and will lead to a ban.

Cheaters may cause SF and Freeexampapers to be shut down if one of the examination boards finds out.

I am asking all of you to the necessary and help us clamp down on all of these illegal acts.

Thank You.

The SF Staff.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: A request to all Members !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:25:46 pm »

If you find threads or members asking for tips to an exam please send us a PM along with a URL to the suspect thread.

Members MAY NOT discuss exams until 24 hours have passed since the exam was started.

Cheaters may cause SF and Freeexampapers to be shut down if one of the examination boards finds out.

I am asking all of you to the necessary and help us clamp down on all of these illegal acts.

Thank You.

The SF Staff.

Well said dude :)

We'll keep you uptodate if you don't happen to know about it earlier. :P

Offline Twinkle Charms

• Miss. Obvious ^ ^
  • SF Master
  • cRoxxEd blAcK
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »

Thank You.

The SF Staff.

but wait, askin for tips for exams is not any ill-legal act, if anybody gives u tips on how u can go about any paper is just fine. I think using the word hints should be used rather than tips here.  ;)

Other than it, yea sure if i see anybody discussing exam before 24 hrs have passed, ill inform.
You See - You like - You try - You fail meanwhile I see - I like - I want - I get!

La Fata Illa Ali, La Saif Illa Zulfikar . (:

Offline Dibss

• Chit-Chatter
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »
Sir, yes sir!

elemis

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:00:00 am »
Thanks people. Only when we work together can we make this forum a success.

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 09:09:56 am »

Thank You.

The SF Staff.

Yesss! Get up-to-dated. :P

Copy from your brains not from others' papers?

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline Twinkle Charms

• Miss. Obvious ^ ^
  • SF Master
  • cRoxxEd blAcK
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 10:45:57 am »
Thanks people. Only when we work together can we make this forum a success.

u didn't read my post yea?  :-\
You See - You like - You try - You fail meanwhile I see - I like - I want - I get!

elemis

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 01:19:59 pm »
u didn't read my post yea?  :-\

Basically nobody on this forum is allowed to pass on information that my give a person an advantage over others inthe exam.

Simple advice like take your time and dont rush the paper is acceptable.

Offline Twinkle Charms

• Miss. Obvious ^ ^
  • SF Master
  • cRoxxEd blAcK
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:32 pm »
Basically nobody on this forum is allowed to pass on information that my give a person an advantage over others inthe exam.

Simple advice like take your time and dont rush the paper is acceptable.

I disagree.

Advices ought to be encouraged since it gives u a better idea of time management and how to go about for an exam. I got help from this forum on how to complete the MCQ paper, i wonder if its still here, where someone adviced which ones to solve first and how much time to be given to each question. This shows no act of cheating!

And i didnt keep it to myself alone, i even shared it with my friends. ::)

So i think such stuff must not be discouraged.

elemis

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »
I disagree.

Advices ought to be encouraged since it gives u a better idea of time management and how to go about for an exam. I got help from this forum on how to complete the MCQ paper, i wonder if its still here, where someone adviced which ones to solve first and how much time to be given to each question. This shows no act of cheating!

And i didnt keep it to myself alone, i even shared it with my friends. ::)

So i think such stuff must not be discouraged.

Let me put it this way. A person sitting in Singapore, for example, probably answered that same MCQ paper as you.

Now, he lets say he DID NOT have access to the TIPS you received. As such, he didnt have the advantage of managing his time by answering certain questions before others.

Thus, you had an UNFAIR advantage over him. You may have shared it with friends but the idea of an examination is as follows :

YOU SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATS ON THE PAPER !!!! Otherwise it isnt a fair test, is it ?

Offline Twinkle Charms

• Miss. Obvious ^ ^
  • SF Master
  • cRoxxEd blAcK
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »
Let me put it this way. A person sitting in Singapore, for example, probably answered that same MCQ paper as you.

Now, he lets say he DID NOT have access to the TIPS you received. As such, he didnt have the advantage of managing his time by answering certain questions before others.

Thus, you had an UNFAIR advantage over him. You may have shared it with friends but the idea of an examination is as follows :

YOU SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATS ON THE PAPER !!!! Otherwise it isnt a fair test, is it ?

Ur all hyped up Ari.

YOU SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATS ON THE PAPER !!!! << I do agree to it! Or else its unfair certainly> no doubt..

I never meant that by my post to have knowledge about whats gonna be there in the paper, & if tht singaporean didnt get to know about time management thats his lack of knowledge & luck apparently, & By the way u think all give their paper the same way? If that is so, im sorry buh ur wrong =\ Many students have amazing techniques for solving papers, that doesnt make them give an unfair test or sth like it, & when they share their ways it must be appreciated rather than regarded as an ill legal act so that maximum number of candidates can benefit from it.

I seriously would not like to drag this convo anymore.

Peace.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 04:10:39 pm »
You've got the wrong end of the stick Twinkle Charm, he means that no one is allowed to discuss the exam papers.

End of (:
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 04:15:59 pm »
Ur all hyped up Ari.

YOU SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHATS ON THE PAPER !!!! << I do agree to it! Or else its unfair certainly> no doubt..

I never meant that by my post to have knowledge about whats gonna be there in the paper, & if tht singaporean didnt get to know about time management thats his lack of knowledge & luck apparently, & By the way u think all give their paper the same way? If that is so, im sorry buh ur wrong =\ Many students have amazing techniques for solving papers, that doesnt make them give an unfair test or sth like it, & when they share their ways it must be appreciated rather than regarded as an ill legal act so that maximum number of candidates can benefit from it.

I seriously would not like to drag this convo anymore.

Peace.

LOL :D Why so serious? :P

I know what you are trying to say and I also somehow agree to some part of it BUT the thing is that the people who have a pure intention of cheating do NOT think that way. They use all possible means to know what's gonna be in the paper. Obviously we cannot stop this but we can help in de-escalating it. That is our responsibility as being the members of a site with a good repute. And that is why we take preclusive measures to stop the process of cheating here and hence we try to abstain members from all the exam discussions until 24 hours have passed otherwise the site could get into trouble. Hope you understand this.

Peace :)

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Freaked12

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 05:22:19 pm »
Can i be a moderator

been serving this website for a year under different usernames.  8)

nid404

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 05:36:55 pm »
^ wrong thread.