Author Topic: ALL CIE PHYSICS DOUBTS HERE !!!  (Read 151668 times)

Offline AN10

• SF Immigrant
Re: ALL CIE PHYSICS DOUBTS HERE !!!
« Reply #570 on: May 08, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
O/N 10 P43 q10 (b)
O/N 10 P41  q2 (b) iii
anyone plz help ???
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.”

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #571 on: May 08, 2011, 08:08:30 pm »
from ppr 43 ques10b you have 2 situations - open switch and closed switch - ive attached an expalanation
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #572 on: May 09, 2011, 09:44:47 am »
hey a question from the new CIE Physics Book - Exam - style question(they dont have answers)

1.A hot air balloon its basket and passengers have a total mass of 450kg. The inflated balloon holds 3000m^3 of air.
(a) minimum forced needed to lift balloon of the ground? - 4500 N
(b) Atm pressure is 1.03 x 10^5 abd density of air is 1.23kg/m^3
(i) calculate mass of 3000m^3 air? - 3690kg
(ii) Calculate Number of Moles in the balloon, Consider air relative Mr as 29 ? 1.27 x 10^5 mol

THIS IS PRIOR INFORMATION AND CALCULATIONS DONE BY ME..the next two parts i dont
know

c. As the air is heated some of it is expelled through a vent at the top of the balloon. Calculate max mass of air that can remain in balloon to give sufficient upthrust for the balloon to just the leave the ground???? DONT KNOW

d. Calculate the minimum temperature of the air inside the balloon for the balloon to just lift off the ground??? DONT KNOW

Offline physichemaths

« Reply #573 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:16 am »
Help me with nov 08 question 10 part b?

Offline aldehyde1612

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2011, 12:25:01 pm »
from ppr 43 ques10b you have 2 situations - open switch and closed switch - ive attached an expalanation

When V- is more than V+ ... isnt the output negative??
Vout= G x [V+ - V-] .. so if V- is 3V and V+ is 2V, then  2-3 = -1 .. So Vout is G x -1, which is negative?
And vice versa when V+ is more than V- ??
Thats the logic we were taught, but then with the marking scheme that logics wrong.. so can you please explain??  ???
.We know a little about a lot of things; Just enough to make us dangerous.

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »
humans make marking schemes - it can be wrong you no - cuz ryt in front of me in the booklet the rule is set and an xample is done - so yes wat i said is the ryt one - i asked my teacher also ;)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #576 on: May 09, 2011, 12:37:35 pm »
Help me with nov 08 question 10 part b?

so you have : Vout/Vin = Rfeedback/R1
so at 100kohms calculate the Rfeedback using the fact that the LDR is in parallel to the 50kohm resistor
so 1/50k + 1/100k = Rfeedback
once you get Rfeedback just substitute the values and obtain Vout
the second part uses the same method

Offline aldehyde1612

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #577 on: May 09, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »
humans make marking schemes - it can be wrong you no - cuz ryt in front of me in the booklet the rule is set and an xample is done - so yes wat i said is the ryt one - i asked my teacher also ;)

I was saying you're explanation agrees with the marking scheme... but me and all my physics teachers got it the other way around (the way I said).  :-\
But true. humans do make mistakes.
Thanks for the help.
.We know a little about a lot of things; Just enough to make us dangerous.

Offline Dthdfyng

« Reply #578 on: May 09, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »
Hey everyone! i really need some help with Physics P4 past paper questions

O/N 05 (Q5)(ii) and (Q6)(c)(ii)
M/J 06 (Q3)(a) and (Q6)(c) and (Q7)(c)
O/N 06 (Q7)(b)
M/J 10 (Q3)(b) and (Q9)(a)(ii)
O/N  10 (Q8)(c) and (Q11)(b)

will appreciate any help!

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #579 on: May 09, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »

O/N 06 (Q7)(b)

O/N 05 (Q5)(b)(ii)

1. v is small so deflection is larger.
2. More force = More deflection.

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #580 on: May 09, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »

O/N 06 (Q7)(b)

M/J 06 (Q3)(a)
The gradient is sensitivity. It is not linear and varies with temperature.

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #581 on: May 09, 2011, 01:31:00 pm »

I was saying you're explanation agrees with the marking scheme... but me and all my physics teachers got it the other way around (the way I said).  :-\
But true. humans do make mistakes.
Thanks for the help.

hey lsn - i meant the markin scheme is rong - i typed it out wen i ws sleepy - i mixed it up - jus switch tht part round - so bottom line if v- is more it becomes negative - sorry 4 th confusion - i ws bout 2 go 2 bed :p

Offline da_rockstar

« Reply #582 on: May 09, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »
Guys i had a question i wanted to ask.
if you have 2 capacitors in series together. you obviously say that the charge on each is the same right?
so when you take their energy individually and on the other hand take their combined energy...won't the two values differ. i mean the combined energy will fall according to the formula of Q^2/2C. that will give a reduced overall energy compared to what you have from the individuals because your capacitance decreases in series.

and in one question i saw that while calculating individual energies of the capacitances they reduced the charge on them by 2. that is divided the charge that you get through their combined charge to give charge on one of the capacitance. but that confused me greatly since in my opinion the charges across them both should remain the same. please do let me know where i'm wrong in my assumptions. reply asap please :) Thanks in advance

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #583 on: May 09, 2011, 03:31:55 pm »
Guys i had a question i wanted to ask.
if you have 2 capacitors in series together. you obviously say that the charge on each is the same right?
so when you take their energy individually and on the other hand take their combined energy...won't the two values differ. i mean the combined energy will fall according to the formula of Q^2/2C. that will give a reduced overall energy compared to what you have from the individuals because your capacitance decreases in series.

and in one question i saw that while calculating individual energies of the capacitances they reduced the charge on them by 2. that is divided the charge that you get through their combined charge to give charge on one of the capacitance. but that confused me greatly since in my opinion the charges across them both should remain the same. please do let me know where i'm wrong in my assumptions. reply asap please :) Thanks in advance

it'll be hard 2 really answer ur ques without an example - so if u could find that ques i can c wat i can do -- but anyways in terms of energy the thing is when capacitors are in series, the charge is Q for both thats ryt - but the potential is shared. When in parallel the charge is shared, but the voltage is same. E=Q2/2C can only be used in certain situations... like amm...ugh u have 2 gimme an example... :-\ :s

Offline your sister

• Laughing Maniac--laugh hard and make 'em laugh (:
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #584 on: May 10, 2011, 05:12:16 am »
1. graph of gravitational potential and radius : gradient gives gravitational field strength

2. graph of gravitational force and radius : gradient gives gravitational field strength

which one is correct 1 or 2 ??
LA ILAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTU MINAZ ZALIMEEN

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17621/Remedies-From-the-Holy-QurAn

http://maniacmuslim.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8912-specific-duas-for-students/ 

remember me in your prayers(:
Proud to be a Pakistani
i've got green blood (:
CriCket<3