Author Topic: Gays, Are they Born Or Made?  (Read 8921 times)

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
Gays, Are they Born Or Made?
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:13:01 pm »
1. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting this topic.

2. Made in the sense, they themselves change their way of thinking.

I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

elemis

Re: Gays, Are they Born Or Made?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:55 pm »
No, I think this is perfectly fine. You arent doing anything wrong.

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »
Thanks Ari.

One thing I know is that Elton John definitely was married and had child/children.
It was due to his persistence that gay marriages were legalized in Great Britain!
So, I guess gays are made, not born.
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:27 pm »
There is no genetic evidence of homosexuality as of yet, hence it is probably not something that can be inherited.

As for it being something the human brain is likely to implement due to its psyche or make-up e.g. heterosexuality, virtues of curiosity, communication, etc--that is debatable. I personally believe that if homosexuality was something we were 'bound' to, then our organs would be adjusted accordingly. There are worms with both functional male and female organs, penguins can have birth even with the same sex--then why not us as human beings? Eve if we defy the existence of a High Authority behind this, but we see in Science that every chemical reaction, chemical reactant, physical design, chemical environment--whatnot--has a definite reason and purpose.

Also, most homosexuals in modern times, even, usually have had extensive heterosexual relationships before involving themselves in homosexuality. Homosexuals are also known to revert to heterosexuality.

I know these facts can be interpreted openly, but to me it makes enough sense from lack of genetic evidence (with the Human Genome Project going on, we can hope to find out soon) and the physical design of human beings, that it's a simple fallacy of sorts, giving ourselves an 'open' option to expand our 'thoughts'. I don't mean to offend any homosexuals or supporters of homosexuality on here, but this is my point of view.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »
There is no genetic evidence of homosexuality as of yet, hence it is probably not something that can be inherited.

As for it being something the human brain is likely to implement due to its psyche or make-up e.g. heterosexuality, virtues of curiosity, communication, etc--that is debatable. I personally believe that if homosexuality was something we were 'bound' to, then our organs would be adjusted accordingly. There are worms with both functional male and female organs, penguins can have birth even with the same sex--then why not us as human beings? Eve if we defy the existence of a High Authority behind this, but we see in Science that every chemical reaction, chemical reactant, physical design, chemical environment--whatnot--has a definite reason and purpose.

Also, most homosexuals in modern times, even, usually have had extensive heterosexual relationships before involving themselves in homosexuality. Homosexuals are also known to revert to heterosexuality.

I know these facts can be interpreted openly, but to me it makes enough sense from lack of genetic evidence (with the Human Genome Project going on, we can hope to find out soon) and the physical design of human beings, that it's a simple fallacy of sorts, giving ourselves an 'open' option to expand our 'thoughts'. I don't mean to offend any homosexuals or supporters of homosexuality on here, but this is my point of view.

There is. Scientists are looking at 3 things that can affect sexual orientation biologically- genes, hormones(which affect the brain structure), and birth order. Most of the research is focussed on male homosexuality but the results do suggest a correlation.

There is a biological difference in homosexuals which cannot be seen in the phenotype. There have been cases wherein the brain structure of identical twins were different. The most significant difference, one of them was gay. So they have identical genes, yet they have different sexual orientations. What differentiates a male from a female is the presence of a Y chromosome. Male sex organ-testes are formed by the 6th week and they soon start producing the hormone testosterone. The hypothalamus in the brain develops masculinity on the basis of the testosterone absorbed. The hypothalamus partially determines who you find sexually attractive. Sometimes, it so happens that the brain does not absorb enough testosterone and hence the hypothalamus is not as thick as it should be and the male is left with the desire for males.

Now comes birth order. When a male fetus is growing in the uterus, the body at times fails to recognize it and condemns it as a foreign body and begins to produce antibodies.The more male fetus' a female shelters, the more adapt her body becomes in feminizing the fetus and hence with every successive boy, the odds that he will be gay increase.

I hope I cleared your misconceptions.

I'd also like to add that most gays go in for therapy with the intentions of changing their sexual orientation but they are only able to change their sexual conduct. Gays can marry and have children and they usually do so to avoid being embarrassed. Their inner sexual desires are unchanged.

I do not deny the fact that gays can be made.
The sky had a baby from my cereal box!

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:23 pm »
How can you make someone gay? You are either gay or you are straight or you are bi. You can't make a straight person find homosexuality appealing or make a gay guy turn straight. I don't have any evidence but I don't see how it's anything other than being genetic.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:29:42 pm »
How can you make someone gay? You are either gay or you are straight or you are bi. You can't make a straight person find homosexuality appealing or make a gay guy turn straight. I don't have any evidence but I don't see how it's anything other than being genetic.

If you hang around with people of the same sex all the time, it is quite a possibility.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 05:33:36 pm »
And people who turn gay are ones who turn gay by action or conduct, not by desire.

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »
If you hang around with people of the same sex all the time, it is quite a possibility.

They will only be attracted to men all of a sudden then? I'm not being sarcastic at all just curious about what you think.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 05:40:27 pm »
They will only be attracted to men all of a sudden then? I'm not being sarcastic at all just curious about what you think.

Making and Remaking both take time. And like I said it's just the conduct not the desire that would change.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »
There is. Scientists are looking at 3 things that can affect sexual orientation biologically- genes, hormones(which affect the brain structure), and birth order. Most of the research is focussed on male homosexuality but the results do suggest a correlation.

There is a biological difference in homosexuals which cannot be seen in the phenotype. There have been cases wherein the brain structure of identical twins were different. The most significant difference, one of them was gay. So they have identical genes, yet they have different sexual orientations. What differentiates a male from a female is the presence of a Y chromosome. Male sex organ-testes are formed by the 6th week and they soon start producing the hormone testosterone. The hypothalamus in the brain develops masculinity on the basis of the testosterone absorbed. The hypothalamus partially determines who you find sexually attractive. Sometimes, it so happens that the brain does not absorb enough testosterone and hence the hypothalamus is not as thick as it should be and the male is left with the desire for males.

Now comes birth order. When a male fetus is growing in the uterus, the body at times fails to recognize it and condemns it as a foreign body and begins to produce antibodies.The more male fetus' a female shelters, the more adapt her body becomes in feminizing the fetus and hence with every successive boy, the odds that he will be gay increase.

I hope I cleared your misconceptions.

I'd also like to add that most gays go in for therapy with the intentions of changing their sexual orientation but they are only able to change their sexual conduct. Gays can marry and have children and they usually do so to avoid being embarrassed. Their inner sexual desires are unchanged.

I do not deny the fact that gays can be made.

Sounds interesting. Mind linking me to the research or giving me some popular terms relating to it? So it's easier to google.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 06:25:14 pm »
Sounds interesting. Mind linking me to the research or giving me some popular terms relating to it? So it's easier to google.

google epigenetics.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:38 pm »
Thanks! I've seen a video on it, but I'll do some more research when I get time and get back to you ASAP.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »
Thanks! I've seen a video on it, but I'll do some more research when I get time and get back to you ASAP.

Sure.

Offline SpongeBob

• Squarepants
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 07:44:53 pm »

Watch National Geographic. haha.