Author Topic: Racism in South East Asia  (Read 8238 times)

Offline sabbath_92

• SF Citizen
    • Formspring
Re: Racism in South East Asia
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:46 am »
I was referring to the biological and psychological factor behind racism.

Just because fascists and nazis use the idea in wrong way doesn't make Darwinism invalid.Everyone is subject to the laws of Darwinism whether or not they believe in them, agree with them, or accept them. There is no trial, no jury, no argument, and no appeal.

You can try and argue but this is the way people behave. The selfish gene.

Does it mean I am a racist? Hell no. It just means you don't accept the truth. If you refuse to believe, then it's your problem with reality, not mine.

There is no biological factor behind racism. Yes, you might suggest that it's genetic (or, more properly, evolutionary) in that it was of benefit to the survival of early tribal 'proto-humans' to be instinctively distrustful of creatures who were significantly different from them, but there hasn't been ANY biological evidence that different races of human beings exist today. Of course you get stereotypes arising out cultures, appearance etc, but in the genetic level there aren't much differences from a person of African or Asian descent. The 'Darwinism' you mention in this paragraph is pure ignorance because for it to fit the bill you have to assume that homo sapiens have gone through further evolution as different races, when in REALITY there is no evidence of this. Unless you can prove me wrong. And from my experience, it's the multicultural cities in the world that are the ones that flourish the most.

The selfish gene is a different thing altogether and it's out of context. People are more likely to survive if they make efficient use of the resources available to them ignoring their petty prejudices aside, and thankfully that's the way we seem to be heading towards.

Racism is better explained through the fact that it is a curse that is INGRAiNED into the human psyche from experiences/family background rather than something you are born with.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 11:35:58 am »
Would I start a war here if I mentioned the Bell curve?
incidentally the chinese are supposed to be the most intelligent because of the tight nkit social structure needed to cultive rice in paddy fields.
England on the other hand was a wilderness inhabited by cavemen until the Romans came, about 4000 years after the first civilisation started, if by civilisation you mean the first organized settlements with proper power structures.

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:32 pm »
Would I start a war here if I mentioned the Bell curve?

The book has a number of fallacies.First of all it states that human intelligence is limited to g and only IQ tests can measure that. Secondly,it also mentions that g cannot be changed.

incidentally the chinese are supposed to be the most intelligent because of the tight nkit social structure needed to cultive rice in paddy fields.
England on the other hand was a wilderness inhabited by cavemen until the Romans came, about 4000 years after the first civilisation started, if by civilisation you mean the first organized settlements with proper power structures.

There is no support for genetic intelligence.... However we can assume that it's a form of evolution too. Right now where the world is headed, brains may turn into a vestigial organ. Hail the idiot box!
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:38 pm »
I saw an astounding video of an aboriginal girl doing an intelligence test. She had a minute to look at some objects then they were all jumbled and she had to remeber where they were. I think there were 20 or so and she scored 100%, where a western child might score 30%.
That intelligence is evolved cos survival for aboriginals in the desert depends on remebering the lay of the land and where the waterholes are. I think aboriginals probably have the same sort of intelligence. We don't need it in England cos there is water everywhere.

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:39:17 pm »
Intelligence relies on the principle use it or lose it. It is already accepted that the more complex environment an animal lives in, the smarter it gets.I guess that's what happened with our ancestors. They had to rely on their intelligence as they lacked the physical prowess for their survival.

But it's different now because survival is no more a problem for us. Our evolution has led to loss of the superior senses and agility our ancestors possessed. More and more people with ADD. Couch potatoes everywhere. The likelihood of our future generations lacking skills to do basic maths and having oversized stomachs is highly plausible.

If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:09:38 pm »
We have genetically enhance intelligence to look forward to.
Imagine having an IQ of1000000000000000000000000000000 in one easy gene treatment.

elemis

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 01:29:42 pm »
Strange that many Russians are neo nazis. I couldnt persuade one yesterday that black people had a right to life.

Not surprised. Have a Russian guy in my school who thinks the same; except about all coloured people.

nid404

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 02:11:11 pm »
We have genetically enhance intelligence to look forward to.
Imagine having an IQ of1000000000000000000000000000000 in one easy gene treatment.

As far as racism is concerned, it is a learned trait, not inherited.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 02:35:06 pm »
Rascism is inherited. It is probably the same thing that makes persian cats like other persian cats and not burmese cats or russian blue cats.

nid404

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »
Rascism is inherited. It is probably the same thing that makes persian cats like other persian cats and not burmese cats or russian blue cats.

Racism is how the persian cat behaves with russian blue cats or burmese cats. They develop a superiority complex, they are not born with it.

Freaked12

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »
I hate Racists people. >:(

If i had a chance, and i had a Nazi like Determination in me and those around me

I would literally  Dance with them all  >:(

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 03:23:09 pm »
All cats have a superiority complex.

nid404

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 03:23:44 pm »
I hate Racists people. >:(

If i had a chance, and i had a Nazi like Determination in me and those around me

I would literally  Dance with them all  >:(

WOW!

nid404

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:31 pm »
All cats have a superiority complex.

My grandma had kittens. When they were little, the black,brown,grey and white kittens would play together. :S

My cat looked like this

He never really had problems with the color of their fur...but they had problems with his. He died fighting another cat. Believe it.

nid404

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »
He is now at a higher place. May his soul rest in peace  :'(

O0

Yeah I miss him