Author Topic: Should Repeat Sexual Offenders Be Chemically Sterilised ?  (Read 1495 times)

elemis

Should Repeat Sexual Offenders Be Chemically Sterilised ?
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:54:39 am »
First Rule of this Debate : If you are in any way planning to engage in some lewd conversation then get out. This is a topic for mature people and I expect everyone to act that way.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE58O4LE20090925

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/8636891.stm

From the above articles you can see that in Poland anyone who molests or sexually abuses a child can be forced to undergo chemical sterilization after their prison term.

My question to all of you is as follows : do you consider this to be an invasion of one's privacy or is this a necessary requirement to safeguard our society ?

Must we sink to this level of, what I see, as savagery ?

Offline guMnam

• !!~~**~~!!
  • SF Farseer
  • !!~~guMnam~~!!
Re: Should Repeat Sexual Offenders Be Chemically Sterilised ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:01:38 am »
i think wat they are doing is correct.u have to take such actions in some cases :-\

I <3 Challenges
Never give up :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:04:28 am »
I see it as more of a laughing matter than about invading someone's privacy. No, I'm dragging in something lewd, but just making a statement. I once read a quote along the lines of, "If you take away their weapons they'll fight empty-handed, if you cut their hands they'll kick, if you cut their legs they'll bite each other's ears." Point being: sterilizing someone is not a solution to their 'issue'. Do you think sexual torture only encompasses the sex part of the entire torture? Pedophiles and sexual transgressors enjoy torturing their victims, bringing them at the verge of the lowest possible state of vulnerability. They would not be bound by some scissors and fancy blue gel.

I've always been for capital punishment, but since the world lives by an atheist law for the most part, it's not 'doable' in face of the current concept of humanity. So making cookies it is. ;D
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:38 am »
I am not clear how chemical sterilization would help to further reduce the rate of sexual abuse in a country. The threat of a long prison sentence is enough provided that the law is executed properly.

Notice this: In your post, you said that a sexual offender is chemically sterilized AFTER facing years in prison. Double punishment. This is too strict and barbaric. In this method, the person will have to take drugs which will reduce their sex drive to very low levels. Plainly barbaric and invasion of privacy. There are better methods than that.

One may argue that the rate of sexual abuse is getting higher day by day. However, this is mainly because the offenders do not face punishment (because the law is not executed properly in the first place). Imposing stricter punishment will not reduce this. Rather, enforcing existing laws PROPERLY will help reduce this.

elemis

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:33:00 am »
Pedophiles and sexual transgressors enjoy torturing their victims, bringing them at the verge of the lowest possible state of vulnerability. They would not be bound by some scissors and fancy blue gel.

Although, I agree with you - do you not believe we are giving them a taste of their own medicine ? By sterilizing them we strike fear into their hearts and show them what it feels like to be tortured.

However, I could also argue that sterilisation might cause an upsurge in revenge attacks from these criminals after their release.

I've always been for capital punishment, but since the world lives by an atheist law for the most part, it's not 'doable' in face of the current concept of humanity. So making cookies it is. ;D

Do not bring religion into this discussion.

The moment you bring religion into law and its enforcement you make it biased. The so-called Athiest Law is unbiased by anything. It simply hands out the punishment that the nature of the crime desrves.

Capital punishment may extinguish the very criminal and all future crimes but the peace we gain would simply be the silence of the dead.

Anyways, this isnt about capital punishment so lets get back to the topic.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:21 am »
Well i agree with them but i believe that if somebody quit such a thing and wanted to be a new person ..blah ..etc then this is not really fair for that dude/lady ......Well i once watched an episode of Dr.Phil and this topic was being debated and Most ppl suggested that they r imprisoned for LIFE!!! ....i sort of agree with that cuz most sexual offenders get back to what they did and some can't even help it so i suggest they are imprisoned Until Fully recovered  from that incident at least .
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »
Although, I agree with you - do you not believe we are giving them a taste of their own medicine ? By sterilizing them we strike fear into their hearts and show them what it feels like to be tortured.

However, I could also argue that sterilisation might cause an upsurge in revenge attacks from these criminals after their release.

I really doubt that people who take pleasure in torturing human beings like that could really care. In fact, if not done properly, their sexual desire could go out of proportion and they would have no way to handle that. Imagine the repercussions of such an action.

And yeah; revenge attacks are also a prominent issue.

Do not bring religion into this discussion.

The moment you bring religion into law and its enforcement you make it biased. The so-called Athiest Law is unbiased by anything. It simply hands out the punishment that the nature of the crime desrves.

Capital punishment may extinguish the very criminal and all future crimes but the peace we gain would simply be the silence of the dead.

Anyways, this isnt about capital punishment so lets get back to the topic.

That's what you believe.

But since discussion on religion isn't allowed anyway, so I'll refrain. By the by, atheist law isn't a religious term; it's a technical one, implying that a law which centers around the concept of life, repentance and reform undoubtedly limited to this world.

Quote from: $tyli$h Executive
One may argue that the rate of sexual abuse is getting higher day by day. However, this is mainly because the offenders do not face punishment (because the law is not executed properly in the first place). Imposing stricter punishment will not reduce this. Rather, enforcing existing laws PROPERLY will help reduce this.

Agreed. +REP

All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P

nid404

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 09:47:29 am »
I see it as more of a laughing matter than about invading someone's privacy. No, I'm dragging in something lewd, but just making a statement. I once read a quote along the lines of, "If you take away their weapons they'll fight empty-handed, if you cut their hands they'll kick, if you cut their legs they'll bite each other's ears." Point being: sterilizing someone is not a solution to their 'issue'. Do you think sexual torture only encompasses the sex part of the entire torture? Pedophiles and sexual transgressors enjoy torturing their victims, bringing them at the verge of the lowest possible state of vulnerability. They would not be bound by some scissors and fancy blue gel.

Repeat sexual offenders deserve capital punishment. Much agreed.