Author Topic: This reaaally got me THINKING!!!  (Read 4632 times)

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
Re: This reaaally got me THINKING!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »
Death, is certainly a thing that every man and thing on acknowledges. It is reality, and absolutely no one can run away from it.

It has been reported that, the Prophet (sal) has said,a person may have done  the best of deeds while alive but due to one deed committed when dying, he could enter Jahannam.(i.e a very grievous offense) and another man may have spent his whole life doing wrong but due to just one good deed committed when dying he could enter Jannah.

Take a look at this, really makes you shiver and Praise the Almighty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6pj-QGiTKU
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »
Watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERGpYVmX7w
Thanks Golden Girl, this really helped me think  :-*
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 08:20:31 am »
Anytime :-*
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:30:07 am »
This email really made me think. What am I?

:: Inspiring Story ::
A Carrot, An Egg And A Cup of Coffee

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as though just as one problem was solved, a new one arose.
Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to a boil.

In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.
In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.
Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."
Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did, and noted that they were soft.
The mother then asked the daughter to take the egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee.
The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma.
The daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.

The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter.
"When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, ... but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you.

When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity?

Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:56:55 am »
I would love to think I am the coffee. But I am not. I would be sufficiently happy to call myself an egg. But I am not that either.... So I must be a carrot. But at least, bunnies love me... :P

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 12:57:12 pm »
I'll be your fan iluvme. =]

I loved all the stuff you posted the first story and the last.
I know many ungrateful people in this world and I pity the, for never mentioning Allah's favours upon them. It is my BELIEF that gratitude brings happiness in this life. Alhamdolilah.

+rep.

As for the final story lol I am the coffee bean. :P Not boosting but I went through difficult moments in my life and it is what made me a better person alhamdolilah because I treated it with patience and Allah by my side alhamdolilah!

Jazikah Allah khair sis. My respect to you. =] <3

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
Thank You Mony, :) Remember me in your prayers, that's all I have to ask from anybody.

Take a look at this too. Really baffling :D

A long time ago in China , a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law.

In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all. Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly.
Days passed, and weeks passed. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting. But what made the situation even worse was that,
according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's poor husband great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-law's bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it. Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs. She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Li-iL, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you."

Li-Li said,"Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do. "Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious. Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving. Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspect you, when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. "Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen." Li-Li was so happy. She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law.
Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost
never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Li-Li changed, and she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in-law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter. Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening.
One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep off the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to
improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:38 pm »
Thank You Mony, :) Remember me in your prayers, that's all I have to ask from anybody.

Take a look at this too. Really baffling :D

A long time ago in China , a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law.

In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all. Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly.
Days passed, and weeks passed. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting. But what made the situation even worse was that,
according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's poor husband great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-law's bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it. Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs. She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Li-iL, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you."

Li-Li said,"Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do. "Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious. Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving. Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspect you, when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. "Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen." Li-Li was so happy. She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law.
Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost
never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Li-Li changed, and she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in-law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter. Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening.
One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep off the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to
improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME STORY! :o I am sharing this on my FB page if you don't mind!

This is REALLY great iluvme! :o

Jaziki Allah khair sister, this BENEFITED ME A LOT! +rep for such a GREAT story.  :'(

The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her.

^ This is REALLY beautiful. =]

Please read my lessons here : https://studentforums.biz/chit-chat/lesson-5-temptations-~/

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »
Alhamdulillah it made an impact :)

It was an email forwarded to me. I guess you could  :-\

I read them all. :) MashaAllah really inspiring, and I guess some of those 'lessons' really has changed me. :) All thanks to you. :D
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »
Alhamdulillah it made an impact :)

It was an email forwarded to me. I guess you could  :-\

I read them all. :) MashaAllah really inspiring, and I guess some of those 'lessons' really has changed me. :) All thanks to you. :D

I really loved it! If you have more, keep'em coming! :D

And you read them?  :o I'm REALLY glad you read those lessons, but you never post there and comments are very important to me. =]
Thank YOU so much for reading.

It's been some time since you posted, where have you been?

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »
I really loved it! If you have more, keep'em coming! :D

And you read them?  :o I'm REALLY glad you read those lessons, but you never post there and comments are very important to me. =]
Thank YOU so much for reading.

It's been some time since you posted, where have you been?

InshaAllah, I'll comment on those. :)

Been busy with school. Waiting for the one month holiday for Ramadhan. :)

Here's another,

The Buddha explained how to handle insult and maintain compassion.
One day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."

Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?"

The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."

The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."

"If you want to stop hurting yourself, you must get rid of your anger and become loving instead. When you hate others, you yourself become unhappy. But when you love others, everyone is happy."

The young man listened closely to these wise words of the Buddha. "You are right, o Enlightened One, "he said. "Please teach me the path of love. I wish to become your follower."
~Damon Salvatore~

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 04:22:11 pm »
iluvme Jazaki Allahu kulla kair for that Article <3

So Touching ,keep posting more and more hun :*

+rep

Offline iluvme

• SF Farseer
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:41 pm »
Thank You to you too. <3

Pray for me.  :-*
~Damon Salvatore~

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 04:40:56 pm »
you're welcome <3 will do iA :*

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 07:13:18 pm »
This is AAAAAAMAAAAAAAZZZZZZZINNNNGGG, chere <333

JazakAllah khair fer sharing! :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.