Author Topic: May-June 2010 results for AS here  (Read 16884 times)

Offline meeeeeee

Re: May-June 2010 results for AS here
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2010, 11:48:47 pm »
I sat 3 AS levels (math,chemistry and physics)
got 3 A's   ;D

C1...........97/100
C2...........95/100
S1...........91/100
(Math-283/300)
6CH01.....118/120
6CH02.....118/120
6CH07.......60/60
(Chem-296/300)
6PH01.....106/120
6PH02.....114/120
6PH07.......57/60
(Phys-277/300)

:)

Offline karatechop

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2010, 02:35:53 pm »
If you've performed below your expectations, work harder.

And karatechop, most unis look for a C+ in english. May I ask where you reside at present?

really?
the english was damn hard
im in indonesia at the moment
can you give me any advice cos our school doesnt really have an advisor

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2010, 03:53:28 pm »
urdu language A 90
thinking skills A 93
biology b 74 :(
chemistry A 95
physics A 94
economics A 91
mathematics A* 97
i hate A level...........

Offline Tristar

« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:28 pm »
Nice guys i really am happy for you all...
I still dont know why i got straight Us.. Finally the person from the british council answered. And she didnt even know what a U grade meant... She had to read it and said there is a possibility that its pending or something....
Please please pray for me that these results are wrong...
 :'(

elemis

« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2010, 04:00:22 pm »
I still dont know why i got straight Us.. Finally the person from the british council answered. And she didnt even know what a U grade meant... She had to read it and said there is a possibility that its pending or something....

A U means you got less than 10 marks in all your subjects.

I am sure something is wrong - you should have your papers re-checked.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

What were you predicted, and a U means that most probably you did not even sit the exam, which cannot be.

Offline Twinkle Charms

• Miss. Obvious ^ ^
  • SF Master
  • cRoxxEd blAcK
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »

omg thats bad..!
i hope so that its pending =\
how did ur pprs go By the way? what were u expecting??
You See - You like - You try - You fail meanwhile I see - I like - I want - I get!

La Fata Illa Ali, La Saif Illa Zulfikar . (:

Offline ikh

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2010, 07:23:13 pm »
K I have a very important question

Did anyone get an A* in A level CIE for the May june 2010 session ?
if so please mention the subject.( The teacher in my school says that she got a circular saying A is maximum for A level for CIE and not A* but the CIE website contradicts. )

I got an A in A level for AICT. Should i resit as i have one more year of school please suggest

thanks in advance

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2010, 07:27:19 pm »
K I have a very important question

Did anyone get an A* in A level CIE for the May june 2010 session ?
if so please mention the subject.( The teacher in my school says that she got a circular saying A is maximum for A level for CIE and not A* but the CIE website contradicts. )

I got an A in A level for AICT. Should i resit as i have one more year of school please suggest

thanks in advance

A is the highest at AS, and A* is the highest after the completion of the A Levels.

So I am sure that your teacher is wrong.

And re-sitting often makes your chances of entering University a problem, so I think an A is good for Uni.

I will need to contact CIE or Edexcel to see if the Unis can know if we re-sat examinations.

Offline ikh

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:29 pm »
A is the highest at AS, and A* is the highest after the completion of the A Levels.

So I am sure that your teacher is wrong.

And re-sitting often makes your chances of entering University a problem, so I think an A is good for Uni.

I will need to contact CIE or Edexcel to see if the Unis can know if we re-sat examinations.

Thanks for the info
and please check with Cie if unis could know if we resat

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2010, 10:56:15 pm »
Thanks for the info

I have sent mail to CIE, I hope to be getting a reply soon.

***exam***

« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2010, 11:44:44 am »
as far as i have heard the final results only have 1 grade  n thats does not indicate whether u got it in first shot or resit !

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:17 pm »
i got an A* in A level Math
i hate A level...........

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »
Thanks for the info

They will be able to now your number of sitting you took by seeing the CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT.Suppose you finished your A level exam in three sitting,so will receive three CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT.

The number of certificate depends on the CASH-IN CODE.If you cash in code a subject than you will receive a certificate for that subject only.

Example(in both example the student have three subject)
1)A student finished his A level in two sitting.In the first sitting he gave only the AS and in the second sitting he finished his A2.He cash-in coded for complete A level in his second sitting registration time.So he will receive two CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT at the end of each sitting and a single certificate at the end of his exam i.e in his last sitting.

2)A student finished his A level in two sitting.In the first sitting he gave one of his subject in full and cash in coded this subject and gave AS of the remaining two subject.In the second sitting he finished the remaining subject's A2 and cash in coded these remaining subject.This student will receive two CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT at the ending of each sitting and two certificate at the ending each sitting.

In the first example the student cash in coded the subject in the last sitting so he received a single certificate at the end of his last sitting(for all three subject in a single certificate).The first CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show only the AS result and the second CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the A2 result.

But in the second example the student cash in coded one of his subject in the first sitting so he receive a certificate only for that subject in his first sitting and a second certificate for the remaining two subject in his second sitting.Here the first CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the result for the complete subject and the AS of the remaining two subject.The second CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the result for the remaining subject's A2.

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed - I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself." Clemenceau, Georges

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2010, 01:56:19 pm »
They will be able to now your number of sitting you took by seeing the CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT.Suppose you finished your A level exam in three sitting,so will receive three CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT.

The number of certificate depends on the CASH-IN CODE.If you cash in code a subject than you will receive a certificate for that subject only.

Example(in both example the student have three subject)
1)A student finished his A level in two sitting.In the first sitting he gave only the AS and in the second sitting he finished his A2.He cash-in coded for complete A level in his second sitting registration time.So he will receive two CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT at the end of each sitting and a single certificate at the end of his exam i.e in his last sitting.

2)A student finished his A level in two sitting.In the first sitting he gave one of his subject in full and cash in coded this subject and gave AS of the remaining two subject.In the second sitting he finished the remaining subject's A2 and cash in coded these remaining subject.This student will receive two CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT at the ending of each sitting and two certificate at the ending each sitting.

In the first example the student cash in coded the subject in the last sitting so he received a single certificate at the end of his last sitting(for all three subject in a single certificate).The first CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show only the AS result and the second CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the A2 result.

But in the second example the student cash in coded one of his subject in the first sitting so he receive a certificate only for that subject in his first sitting and a second certificate for the remaining two subject in his second sitting.Here the first CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the result for the complete subject and the AS of the remaining two subject.The second CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF PROVISIONAL RESULT will show the result for the remaining subject's A2.

I do not think this actually answers his questions. You of-course will receive corrected version of the statement of results.

The question is whether the University can know if you re-sat and examination. This is simply saying that you will get new statements, but whether they confirm you re-sat is a different issue.