Author Topic: [Urgent!] Anyone studying CIE A-level psychology/sociology/economics/chinese??  (Read 1869 times)

Offline wo2321

Hello everyone, I'm a new face here~
well, I don't know if everyone here is from Britain, but I'm from Hong Kong  ;D

I will need to take my CIE A-level exam in October, however, as you can see, there's not much time left :'(
(just started my study in July -0- I'm quite sure that i'll get bad results...)
If you are studying/ have been studying psychology/sociology/economics/chinese, please have a look of my questions about the exam  :)

Psychology:
1. I've scanned some past papers and found that some papers (like paper 1 and paper 2) focus on experiments/research. Does it mean that I have to focus more on research rather than basic concepts?

2. On the CIE website there's a syllabus of psychology this year and there're some research offered, such as the Gardner and Gardner research about teaching sign language to a chimpanzee. So do I have to study all the experiments mentioned in the syllabus? Are they the only experiments that will occur in the exam papers?

3. There's a paper in which 5 areas in psychology will be tested (sth like psychology and education...). How should I study/ prepare  this? Shall I study research or just use the knowledge attained from textbooks? Are there suggested book list? (suggested by you, I mean XD)

Sociology:
1. Is there any difference between OCR and CIE syllabus? (because the teacher gave me student's guide of OCR syllabus -0-)
2. Is it enough just to remember the theories?
3. How to check if you've attained the maximum mark while taking the exam?

Economics:
1. Is it a must to draw diagrams? (I'm bad at diagrams...)
2. Is there a trend of having questions that are related to many topics?
3. Will 'elasticity' (or sth like maximum control on price)be tested in essay questions? (I'm really bad at micro- or sth related to diagrams....)

Chinese:
1. Are texts allowed in the exam centre?
2. Chinese is my first language, but what skills are appreciated in the view of an foreign marker?

Sorry if I post in the wrong forum...
Please answer the above questions if you can help me=]
I don't have enough time (sigh)

wo2321@yahoo.com.hk
my email

Please leave your email or just contact me if you have studied the above subjects
I may have more questions to ask.
Loads of thanks!!!!!!  :-*

Offline XaM!!

• SF Master
chinese???
Dnt walk As iF u RulE da WorLd..... Walk As if U dOnT CarE wHO RuLzz It.......

***exam***

i would say yes to all ur eco q !