Author Topic: Economics AS Level (Edexcel),HELP!!  (Read 2388 times)

Alpha

Re: Economics AS Level (Edexcel),HELP!!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:58 am »
Commerce is not needed for accounting. Business Studies is the new name given to it here.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 08:36:57 am »
Commerce is not needed for accounting. Business Studies is the new name given to it here.

Engraved once told me that One of his friends studied eco in A level and didn't take it in IGCSE ...... so mm Will i be able to study accounting/eco without having any background abt it ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Alpha

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 08:49:03 am »
Engraved once told me that One of his friends studied eco in A level and didn't take it in IGCSE ...... so mm Will i be able to study accounting/eco without having any background abt it ?

You know... if you take Eco at A Level, there's one main concept you imperatively need to know before you move on: The Market System, Demand and Supply. You should also have a knowledge of the different market systems, basic concept of scarcity, macroeconomic issues such as inflation, unemployment, income inequality and the factors affecting them. Here, for A Level, our teachers do not have the time to take these chapters once again, though you'll pass through them from time to time. If you are aiming to take Eco and have good results, then, one thing you can do. As from now, take tuitions for the lower classes, if you have enough time to catch up.

Accounting also requires a good notion of it beforehand, I won't give you false hopes. But it is comparatively easier than Eco, in that you have to learn the concepts and the technique, you can manage the rest better.

Alpha

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 08:55:05 am »
AND don't be afraid. It will be fine. :) Believe in yourself.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 09:01:07 am »
Thanks Sis :)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:21 am »
Well yes, but a lot of Economics is something that you already know from day to day experiences.

Yes, in a lot of schools Accounting is not even available in IGCSE, but is available in A Levels.

Edexcel is different from CIE, the resources that it provides is far more superior, and makes the course easier, even though the Edexcel and the CIE course is at par with one another.

Alpha

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »
Well yes, but a lot of Economics is something that you already know from day to day experiences.

Yes, in a lot of schools Accounting is not even available in IGCSE, but is available in A Levels.

Edexcel is different from CIE, the resources that it provides is far more superior, and makes the course easier, even though the Edexcel and the CIE course is at par with one another.

I didn't know Economics was part of everyday life until I studied it.   ;)

You're most welcome Golden Girl.  :)