Author Topic: Chemistry A2  (Read 1183 times)

Offline yasser37

• SF Citizen
Chemistry A2
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:11:13 pm »
Hi guys

I wanna study Architecture and I did Chemistry AS

Do I still need to do A2?

Doing CIE and still didn't take my results

just asking

Thanks

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: Chemistry A2
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:26:07 pm »
When studying architecture, mathematics and Physics are the only vital subjects that are required. However, having art or/and history, gives a big advantage to becoming an architect in UK Unis.

So, no, I do not believe the completetion of your Chemistry A2 is required. However, if you chose to study other areas, from medicine to engineering, Chemistry is a very important subject....

So, if you are intent on architecture, then Chemistry is not mandetory, however, make sure that you have a minmum of 3 completed A Levels. Although, I do suggest that having 4 A levels is the healthiest option.

Monica

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
It depends in where you want to study because it differs for different universities and different countries.

For example for my country anything related to engineering requires taking only A-level math with another a-level subject and O-level chemistry, physics, math and English.

But I do not believe architecture requires the study of Chemistry A2, perhaps if you wanted to be a chemical engineering, pharmacist or a doctor it will be needed.

Freaked12

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »
You need to send a very good drawing if You are applying in England. Along with Your A levels

Only Mathematics is compulsory in Alevels.

Physics is mandatory only till IGCSE or O level

Offline yasser37

• SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:13:21 am »
Thanks for the info guys

I already did 6 IGCSE
3 AS (Math-Chem-Phys)
and I am gonna do A2

I am really not sure where am gonna study