Author Topic: The atomic bombing of Hiroshima was justified  (Read 2670 times)

Freaked12

Re: The atomic bombing of Hiroshima was justified
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 05:57:15 pm »
Probably yes.

American General Dwight D. Eisenhower wanted to end the war quickly and they realized when they attacked Okiwana that Japan will either die or win.
Losing is not in their genes.

had atomic bombs not been used, the war would have dragged on till 60s.

For the greater good, sacrifices must be made

Freaked12

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 06:01:00 pm »
Few people on this forum lack sufficient knowledge of History to make an informed comment on anything.

Let me state something :

Prior to WWII America demanded that Japan open up its borders to trade (it was a closed economy back then).

Japan refused and America threatened Japan with millitary action - obviously nothing happened and time went by.

Skip forward to the Pearl Harbour Incident. Do any of you actually know WHY japan bombed the harbour ?

Pearl Harbour is in Hawaii and located halfway between Western America and Japan. In order for Japan to tak over the colonies of France, Britain and the Netherlands in South East Asia without interference they had to get rid of the Pacific Fleet stationed  in Hawaii.

Rememeber Britain, France etc, were fighting Hitler in Europe and couldnt protect these colonies. The ONLY SINGLE threat was the Americans.

Now you've all watched the movie Pearl Harbour; what you didnt see is that the USS Arizona with nearly a thousands hands on board sank to the bottom of the harbour.

Those men's bodies are STILL underwater - a watery coffin.

So why did America bomb Japan ?

In order to prevent greater loss of life via use of conventional weapons that would be necessary as the US tried to take over each and every Island of Japan; each with a Japanese millitary stronghold.

As revenge for the atrocity of Pearl Harbour.

To the end the war decisively and with finality.

America had every right to do so.

Japanese also wanted oil to keep their war machine going on. And most of the oil was provided by America (correct me if i am wrong) but in 1940 they the americans stopped importing because of alleged genocides commited by Japanese on Chinese people.
Restrictions on import of oil was another decisive factor for the pearl harbour invasion

elemis

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 06:07:21 pm »
Japanese also wanted oil to keep their war machine going on. And most of the oil was provided by America (correct me if i am wrong) but in 1940 they the americans stopped importing because of alleged genocides commited by Japanese on Chinese people.
Restrictions on import of oil was another decisive factor for the pearl harbour invasion

Hmmmmm.... I guess the Japanese could rely on oil from China - remember they took over most of the provinces.

In addition most of SE Asian was under their control.

But I agree with your previous comment, sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

Freaked12

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »
Hmmmmm.... I guess the Japanese could rely on oil from China - remember they took over most of the provinces.

In addition most of SE Asian was under their control.

But I agree with your previous comment, sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

Chinese did not have the refinery capacity and neither did japan had the technology to manufacture refineries

elemis

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 06:17:44 pm »
Chinese did not have the refinery capacity and neither did japan had the technology to manufacture refineries

Then I stand corrected :)

That's an interesting point.

HOW were the Japanese getting theor oil to allow for their expiditions ?

Freaked12

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »
Then I stand corrected :)

That's an interesting point.

HOW were the Japanese getting theor oil to allow for their expiditions ?

United States of America.

Oil was actually the main reason behind the defeat of Germany. The reason they invaded Stalingrad was to make it as a transportation hub for Oil carrying trucks and pipeline from Central Asia