Author Topic: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!  (Read 10415 times)

Alpha

Re: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:25 pm »
Charity=less incentives for Poor people to work
Taxes=More money for public welfare,creating more employment and thus total income rises.
KAPISH!

Charity, less incentives? I just said it's VOLUNTARY...

And FYI, taxes are compulsory;)

Freaked12

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 01:59:46 pm »
Charity, less incentives? I just said it's VOLUNTARY...

And FYI, taxes are compulsory;)

Charity is a must if you are a muslim, Shinto,Buddhist and Christian so there.

and no in Saudi Arabia,Qatar,UAE there are no taxes

Alpha

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 02:01:30 pm »
Charity is a must if you are a muslim, Shinto,Buddhist and Christian so there.

Taxes are a must in many countries, whether you are a Muslim, Christian, Shinto, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew; whether your skin is black, white, red, yellow, green; and whether you like it or not.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:39:10 am by ~Alpha »

Freaked12

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 02:03:14 pm »
Taxes are a must in many countries, whether you are a Muslim, Christian, Shinto, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, whether your skin is black, white, red, yellow, green, and whether you like it or not.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD

GCC or Scandinavian countries (correct me if i am wrong)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »

What?! People must be living in heaven there!!! :o

Freaked12

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 02:16:52 pm »
What?! People must be living in heaven there!!! :o

All the oil companies are state owned so they dont really need to collect taxes.
Saudi Aramco (the largest company in the world generates about 260 billion dollars a year) is 99 percent owned by the Saudi Government.

Freaked12

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 02:18:21 pm »
Dangers of Producing oil though

IF THE PRICE OF DOLLAR DECREASES BY  only 1.The Opportunity cost in saudi Arabia amounts to 55 million dollars a day :P that is why they are diversifying

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 02:27:16 pm »
You forget that taxes tend to penalize a part of the population, be it progressive, regressive, or proportionate. But charity is not an imposition. People who can and are willing to pay, feel absolutely free to do so. Now, how many of them are willing... still remains to be checked.

LOL, rich people steal in a civilized manner? They also kill in a 'civilized' manner. Then, they are 'civilized' criminals.  ;)
Then, we must be having a 'civilized' court to judge them, 'civilized' prisons to keep them in, and if their crime is heinous, a 'civilized' death? LOL, seriously Borakk?  :P

And about the "give what you need". A simple example. You have kept some yogurt in the fridge. It got spoiled, meaning you don't need it anymore. So, you will give away the yogurt YOU can't eat to someone poor, just because throwing it away is a waste??

And you tend to forget the focus of this topic. This topic focuses on whether taxes and charity are equal or not!. Not the system or method of taxes or charity.

Charity is voluntary, but most people pay it just cause their religion tells them to or just to show people. So, its not actually voluntary, just like taxes. And if the fact that "Taxes = Charity" is publicized by the government through various promotion medias extensively, people will be more willing to pay taxes, some will even pay it voluntarily. They will avoid charity, whose purpose is served by taxes. If people can make the purpose of charity serve in taxes, why pay taxes and charity separately and waste money?

Yes. It is much better and honourable to steal in a civilized manner. I strongly believe that stealing is not bad, but it must be done in a civilized and honourable way.

And the value of charity is deemed by the person who receives it. If a rich person has a plate of rice, which is one day old and a little stale, it is of very little value to him because he can easily cook another plate of rice or buy them. But to a poor people, this one plate of rice (be it stale), is of very high real value because he is after all, tensed whether he will get his next meal or not. It is very pleasing for him to know that he is able to get his next meal (doesn't matter to him if it is stale), without being tensed or working hard for it. So, even if we give poor people what we don't need, it is of a very high real value to them. And as long as this serves true, your equation of "give what you need" doesn't hold true. The "give what you don't need" formula is true.

Freaked12

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 02:34:15 pm »

And the value of charity is deemed by the person who receives it. If a rich person has a plate of rice, which is one day old and a little stale, it is of very little value to him because he can easily cook another plate of rice or buy them. But to a poor people, this one plate of rice (be it stale), is of very high real value because he is after all, tensed whether he will get his next meal or not. It is very pleasing for him to know that he is able to get his next meal (doesn't matter to him if it is stale), without being tensed or working hard for it. So, even if we give poor people what we don't need, it is of a very high real value to them. And as long as this serves true, your equation of "give what you need" doesn't hold true. The "give what you don't need" formula is true.

You are speaking so generally .Tastes and needs vary across the world.In Saudi Arabia there is a very small amount of people who are starving (like in 80s or 90s).
Poor people(with low incomes ) think that Government should provide them with a job and pay which is what is given to foreigners.They dont want food as they can afford it easily.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »
Saudi Arabian or middle east country's people are generally rich. Here, I was talking about poor people who earn less than $5 a day.

Freaked12

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2010, 02:48:39 pm »
Saudi Arabian or middle east country's people are generally rich. Here, I was talking about poor people who earn less than $5 a day.

So why are we even discussing this when every region is in so contrast to each other.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:07 pm »
The middle east is a small part of the globe. That's why....! ::)

In most regions, people are not (on average) as rich as the middle easterners. Though middle east countries depend very much on oil.

Freaked12

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »
The middle east is a small part of the globe. That's why....! ::)

In most regions, people are not (on average) as rich as the middle easterners. Though middle east countries depend very much on oil.

I didnt even go to western Europe(excluding Spain and southern Italy) ,Australia and New Zealand,North America (excluding Mexico) or even South American countries such as Argentina and Colombia
o_0

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »
Gosh, don't undermine the number of poor people in the world. In developing countries, 29% of people earn less than $1.25 a statistic says. Even America and other developed countries have a good number of poor people. Just google it, and you'll learn.

In middle east, south asian workers earn much less than the locals. Those countries just, basically, hate foreigners. So, you cannot claim that there's no poverty in those countries.

Freaked12

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:04 pm »
Gosh, don't undermine the number of poor people in the world. In developing countries, 29% of people earn less than $1.25 a statistic says. Even America and other developed countries have a good number of poor people. Just google it, and you'll learn.

In middle east, south asian workers earn much less than the locals. Those countries just, basically, hate foreigners. So, you cannot claim that there's no poverty in those countries.

tsk
but those are foreigners and that takes another topic entirely. American or Israeli diaspora is one of the highest in the world with 52 000 Americans in France alone and therefore are not counted in National surveys ?
And in America,it varies across state to state.it's a federation *United states of America* with each state determining it's own expenditure.
I have heard Chicago is one of the richest?