Author Topic: Egyptians' Unis talk here!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Meticulous

• SF Master
Egyptians' Unis talk here!
« on: July 24, 2010, 09:00:20 pm »
Hey'll!

So what's up with the uni stuff? share ur latest experience and news here! it could be of great help!

So yeah, any one applied yet?

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
Re: Egyptians' Unis talk here!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:31:10 am »
Well..Hany Helal didn't not confirm his decree yet..so the unis don't know yet if they will be accepting 11yrs of schooling or not..even the tanseeq office didn't open for the over-board students..only for the egyptians thanaweya 3amma..so I think as soon as they open it..then we will get to know if they will accept or not..
But as I told u before that the final date is 7/9/2010..if no news came up before that date..then unfortunately they won't accept the 11yrs students..

Hope I helped though..that's all I know for now :)
InsA..when there's more news..I'll share ;)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

**RoRo**

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:43:11 pm »
mmmm, I want to ask about a few questions because the Egyptian Universities are for sure meant to drive anyone insane!

Anyways, I want someone to tell me and that too for sure, is Arabic as a First Language IGCSE Cambridge accepted from the next academic year onwards as one of the 8 O-levels, or not?

& if I want to apply for medicine or engineering, how many AS/A level subjects do I require?

Thank you in advance!

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:25:20 pm »

Anyways, I want someone to tell me and that too for sure, is Arabic as a First Language IGCSE Cambridge accepted from the next academic year onwards as one of the 8 O-levels, or not?

& if I want to apply for medicine or engineering, how many AS/A level subjects do I require?

Thank you in advance!

well my friends who r Egyptians r actually doing that tbh .... but i'm not sure  :-\

Actually MOST of the egyptains i know r taking 3 AS and 1-2 A levels ;)

I hope i helped :)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

**RoRo**

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:57:50 am »
It's insane how people have the time to do ALOT of subjects like this!

I really need a confirmed, 100% sure reply, for Egyptian IGCSE students studying outside Egypt, is IGCSE CIE Arabic as a First Language accepted or not for the next academic year and the one after it?
Because the website of the tansee2 says it won't be accepted, and when I called a person in-charge, he said it will be accepted!

This is my 12th year, I'm doing my A level and 2 AS now, so I need to plan out my subjects now!

Thank you!! :)

Offline 7ooD

• SF Geek
    • 7ood
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:04:25 pm »
ok here is THE UPDATE OF THE NEWS :

There was a legal case raised so that those who had 11 YEARS OF STUDYING can enter the government universities and we won that case yesterday but then hany helal came up today and said he will submit a grievance here is the link http://www.algomhuria.net.eg/almessa/today/first/detail03.asp so it will be postponed right now in egypt all those who have 11 yrs of studying with 8 o levels or 7 o levels can enter private universities and even if they didn't take as or a level or english o level they can enter the university
pimpin ain't dead it just moved to the web

Offline Baladya

• meawwwww hao hao >.<
  • SF Geek
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:49:11 am »
It's insane how people have the time to do ALOT of subjects like this!

I really need a confirmed, 100% sure reply, for Egyptian IGCSE students studying outside Egypt, is IGCSE CIE Arabic as a First Language accepted or not for the next academic year and the one after it?
Because the website of the tansee2 says it won't be accepted, and when I called a person in-charge, he said it will be accepted!

This is my 12th year, I'm doing my A level and 2 AS now, so I need to plan out my subjects now!

Thank you!! :)

I was having same doubt :S WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED!!!!!

If its true i will have to study a new subject agaain -.-

And ya i a m takin 4 AL's but its the school thats makin me take it soo :S But till now its okay :P plus it might give some advantages over others :P
I m thinkin of going GUC (tho hope i can go somewhere in Canada)
Studyin in Bahrain :P

Looks like i ran out of cool signatures :|

**RoRo**

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 11:04:52 am »
I was having same doubt :S WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED!!!!!

If its true i will have to study a new subject agaain -.-

And ya i a m takin 4 AL's but its the school thats makin me take it soo :S But till now its okay  plus it might give some advantages over others
I m thinkin of going GUC (tho hope i can go somewhere in Canada)
Studyin in Bahrain

I asked a friend of mine to check this out and another one's mom actually went to Egypt and they both came back to me with the same reply, it's ACCEPTED!! :D

So that's a great relief!! :D

4 A-levels? WOW! In how many years?
My school offers 3-4 A-levels, but that's in 2 years, the second year is your 13th year, which isn't alright if I was to go back to Egypt, because I've started my IGCSE in Year 10, so since they're accepting only the last 3 academic year results, they'll only take my results in year 10, 11 and 12! If I do year 13, they won't take my year 10 results - 3 O-levels which would then mean I'd have to resit them along with the A2 in year 13...so I'm saving myself that trouble and just going after year 12! :)

GUC? Cool!
What do you want to do there?
By the way, you can actually go and join now if you have 11 years of schooling, they're making it exceptional this year!

**RoRo**

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:12:22 pm »
PEOPLE!! GOOD NEWS!!
Check this link, they're accepting Year 11 students this year also in the government universities!!

http://www.egyedu.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7047:-------qq&catid=6:2009-03-16-06-13-25&Itemid=15

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
  • Egyptian And so damn proud . I love you jesus!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »
well that's good.
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 04:38:12 am »
arabic as first language is done so that you don't do the equivalent egyption arabic exam which is like..HARD!! The one that's not accepted is arabic as first language AS level, the o-level is accepted here.

And just for advice...you'll NEVER get medicine with one Alvl and 2 AS even if u had 8 A* in olvl and you score the most in them...the tanseeq for IGCSE is really tough and to get into medicine you should do 2 Alvls...
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.

**RoRo**

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:34 am »
Really? [about no medicine with 1A-level and 2AS] :/

I guess I'll just do my best in them and pray for the best, that's the maximum I can do at the moment seriously, I can't take up an A2 course now, my school won't offer it, plus, I'm not even halfway through with any AS subject now!

Thanks for the info!! =]