Author Topic: Biology CIE  (Read 2280 times)

nid404

Re: Biology CIE
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 08:25:08 am »
ok Thanks
+rep

u still haven't got it...have you?
I'll sent you some links if u need

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:30 pm »
u still haven't got it...have you?
I'll sent you some links if u need
ok the truth is am kinda still confused cuz in the book they say at the interphase, after DNA replication, the chromosome has 2 DNA molecules so it means that before DNA replication, each chromosome has 1 DNA molecule. But any wayz some links from u will help insA ;)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

nid404

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 02:56:46 pm »

Offline tmisterr

• SF Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 03:20:20 pm »
let me give it a try,
When a cell in not replicating, in interphase stage that is, It has 46 chromatins. these are long and thin and are not easily visible. Each Chromatin is one strand of D.N.A. So when the cell is receives signals to divide, each D.N.A molecule (each Chromatin) replicates and forms two D.N.A helices one in each of two chromatids joined at the centromere (so each chromatin splits in two chromatids). Each chromatid contains an identical copy of D.N.A and two sister Chromatids (that is containing the same D.N.A) joined at the centromere form a chromosome. So each chromosome contains two chromatids each with a D.N.A helix making each Chromosome to have 2 D.N.A helices.

nid404

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 03:28:07 pm »
let me give it a try,
When a cell in not replicating, in interphase stage that is, It has 46 chromatins. these are long and thin and are not easily visible. Each Chromatin is one strand of D.N.A. So when the cell is receives signals to divide, each D.N.A molecule (each Chromatin) replicates and forms two D.N.A helices one in each of two chromatids joined at the centromere (so each chromatin splits in two chromatids). Each chromatid contains an identical copy of D.N.A and two sister Chromatids (that is containing the same D.N.A) joined at the centromere form a chromosome. So each chromosome contains two chromatids each with a D.N.A helix making each Chromosome to have 2 D.N.A helices.

thanks...that ws well explained...unlike mine...AS has taken a toll on me

Offline tmisterr

• SF Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:35:43 pm »
thanks...that ws well explained...unlike mine...AS has taken a toll on me

no problem, lol its happens to all of us! i'm so tired of studying right now, its gotten to a point i just want to get it over with and enjoy my summer!!