Author Topic: Life  (Read 4187 times)

Offline maybeitwastheneighbors

• vvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommm=randomness+lalala!
  • SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
Re: Life
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05:23 pm »
when your 80 years old and have cataracts three inches thick and cant walk and always pee on yourself what help does money give you? what meaning does it hold? life itself is philosophy. money and power are only accesories that are shed off after a small period of time. and when u die, ur money goes to a couple more ppl, is spent and nobody gives a sh*t about u as a person and what u were but as a source of income.
when you have a philosophy  to live buy it will acho in those near you and echo and echo and echo far into the future.
that is meaning: to give meaning to those who come after you
doki doki hatter

Alpha

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 07:10:10 pm »
then how could they possibly have written those books? books are the windows to the world

Life is the door... Simple, they've lived.  ;)

There were no books for them. Yet, they did it. They wrote the books.

It's like you say, we need cement to construct a house. But what about then when we had none?

Alpha

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 07:11:17 pm »
when your 80 years old and have cataracts three inches thick and cant walk and always pee on yourself what help does money give you? what meaning does it hold? life itself is philosophy. money and power are only accesories that are shed off after a small period of time. and when u die, ur money goes to a couple more ppl, is spent and nobody gives a sh*t about u as a person and what u were but as a source of income.
when you have a philosophy  to live buy it will acho in those near you and echo and echo and echo far into the future.
that is meaning: to give meaning to those who come after you

I cannot disagree.  :)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 07:19:39 pm »
Anyways, I would just like to rephrase:

NO POWER, possible for a human to possess, is as great as the power of money and wealth. Life becomes more meaningful with money, wealth and materialistic riches. This is what I've been indirectly taught by my dad and had experienced as well.

pz

Alpha

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:51 pm »
argument*  >:( For the nth time.

I never taught you to give up.  ;)
The topic will still be here after exams.

[By the way Alpha, just deleted the quote. Sorry for the post.]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:42:31 am by $tyli$h Executive »

Alpha

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:49 pm »
Anyways, I would just like to rephrase:

NO POWER, possible for a human to possess, is as great as the power of money and wealth. Life becomes more meaningful with money, wealth and materialistic riches. This is what I've been indirectly taught by my dad and had experienced as well.

pz

Then you have no idea about power. Find more meaning in life. You have time anyway.  ;)

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 07:42:50 pm »
@stylishexecutive: so basically ur saying all poor ppl should basically die since their life has no meaning anyway. is that it?
@alpha: so a person who wants to write about middleearth has to live there in order to write the lord of the rings? or someone has to become a jedai and defeat darth vader in order to write star wars? these ppl formed their books by the accumulatory effects of books they have read before in their lives who were written by ppl who read books like that before and so on.
doki doki hatter

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 12:15:39 am »
It means more the more you fight for it.

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 10:12:47 am »
with you there, astarmathandphysics... especially since im watching ER at the moment ;D...
doki doki hatter

Alpha

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 11:32:51 am »
@stylishexecutive: so basically ur saying all poor ppl should basically die since their life has no meaning anyway. is that it?
@alpha: so a person who wants to write about middleearth has to live there in order to write the lord of the rings? or someone has to become a jedai and defeat darth vader in order to write star wars? these ppl formed their books by the accumulatory effects of books they have read before in their lives who were written by ppl who read books like that before and so on.

"who were written by ppl who read books like that before and so on."

Certify what you just said, write it on paper, with your signature below, and give it to me.  ::)

Come on, people did not even KNOW how to read and write. So well, their life had no meaning??

And yeah, we don't need rote parrots and tape recorders, we need something 'new', just like everything was once new.

If it really was like you are supposing it was, then today, we'd all be having mere replicas of the prehistoric cavemen. How then did Man bring about evolution?

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 11:47:17 am »
the difference between the modern man and other primates is the fact that he has a consciousness and an imagination. some really imaginative person a long long long time ago invented an alphabet and put together a whole lot of sounds to make words to make a language, and from that language branched all sorts of things that ppl took and built upon, the way a certain author may read a certain book and write about something that the certain author had built upon from that certain book. its not the same thing over and over it has more variety. cavemen, although primitive, were not stupid. they went from naked ppl to clothed ppl and from cavemen to tent-men. and everything must be new and changed or else ppl would be up to their noses in legalities ;D
doki doki hatter

Alpha

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:21 am »
the difference between the modern man and other primates is the fact that he has a consciousness and an imagination. some really imaginative person a long long long time ago invented an alphabet and put together a whole lot of sounds to make words to make a language, and from that language branched all sorts of things that ppl took and built upon, the way a certain author may read a certain book and write about something that the certain author had built upon from that certain book. its not the same thing over and over it has more variety. cavemen, although primitive, were not stupid. they went from naked ppl to clothed ppl and from cavemen to tent-men. and everything must be new and changed or else ppl would be up to their noses in legalities ;D

Are you not contradicting your point?  ;)

If cavemen were not stupid, how can modern man be?

• SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 01:15:33 pm »
am i? i thought i was doing pretty well!  ;D *shrug*
the modern man is not stupid but blinded by the materialistic sort of thing that stylishexecutive said put meaning into one's life (no offense). a caveman had none of that kind of thing to worry about, just wat he was going to eat next, whether or not a lion or bear was about to maul him, and if he was warm enough. modern man has to worry about the kids, the wife, the bills, his job, his boss, the market, the rent, his psychiatrist, his car, etc.
and define exactly stupid.
hope that was free of contradiction!  ;D
doki doki hatter

Alpha

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 01:25:16 pm »
LOL. It's you who used "stupid" first...  ;)

Problems exist of all kind. Of all times. Of all degrees.
So yea, you said modern man has many different problems, you illustrated some. That suits us well, for new problems > new solutions.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:27:22 pm by ~Alpha »