Author Topic: Live-In Relationships-For or against?  (Read 5315 times)

nid404

Live-In Relationships-For or against?
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:52:06 am »
In the end, it's what people want to do, but I think it is very unethical. Such relationships have nothing to hold them together...
the ones involved suffer when things don't quite work out.
Also imagine...what if the lady is pregnant, and the guy suddenly decides to leave her because he is not ready to take care of a child...I've seen such cases...Girls usually don't want to lose their child...they go ahead with the baby...no father figure to support and care for it....the child suffers.(not that this doesn't happen once u marry...but the married tag could save the relationship)

What are your views?

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
Re: Live-In Relationships-For or against?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »
Hmm.. Nice topic Nid. :)

Apart from Marriage, we have many relationships that needs intensive care from both sides. And some of them are natural, tied and bonded from the DAY 1! For Example, Parents care and look out for their children until they are grown ups and when they become independent, they leave their parents when their parents need them... In a long run, they give you support, protect you, provides you with every facility and never ending love of them, you treat them in this way!
When a person cant give importance to this most beautiful relation, how can they tie their bonds with their wife, friends, children etc! Ask this from those poor children who are in Orphanage  :'(

Your parents come first, if you cant treat them in this way how you can treat others???

Secondly, apart from friends, your other relatives comes then. I have heard from many people who takes this relations as a burden!  >:(

your point is true too. I mean leaving a girl like this in that condition, not only effects Girl but also the coming child, who will be deprive of his Father's love!

Last i would like to share my view point that "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is when relationship dies inside us while we are still alive!"

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

nid404

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:16:31 pm »
Absolutely true

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:20:37 pm »
As many of my friends know, I am a strong fighter against casual sexual relationships. I have always believed that it was wrong.

As I have argued many time before, lust is often the most important reasons, for this, not responsibility. Time and time again, the purpose of man and woman coming together is undermined, the reason, being to weave the next ring of the web, the web of human generations.

People in these relationships are not bound by law to anything. No responsibility means that the children that are born, are illegitimate. It brings shame to both families.

So yes, definitely against, but the root of this is mainly due to casual relationships that start at teenage life. So, tbh, it is quite expected that the longer society sees bf and gf as normal, the longer this problem will persist.

Thats why you see so much of it in America, UK, Canada etc....

nid404

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:25:58 pm »
I see no problem in people having gf/bf after they're old enough to look after themselves....and as long as it is not lust, but true love, eternal love...which is quite rare in today's generation
But even if you have someone you love, you can always have a bond that gives a secure feeling....live-in relationships have nothing to guard the child....if no one owns responsibility, we have abandoned kids at orphanages, like ash said

It's a pity
Yes, the west supports the trend, sadly

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:23 pm »
yes, but lets look at solving da prob, it all starts with gf and bf. as u admit urself, that it is very rare to find true love at such a young age. and often its not that the person finds tru love, its more like tru love finds the couple.

love is something sacred to me, its the bond between a mother and her children, a combination of duty and care. But often at puberty, teenage minds are 2 overloaded with hormones to actually work things out.

now i c ppl have one gf 2day and another 1 2moro. Its gotten 2 casual.

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »
^^ Agreed!

I myself dont believe in Gf/Bf at this age, cos no one is serious but later it all depends on how you handle it and how you are capable of taking the responsibility! ;)

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:27:16 pm »
yes, i mean at uni, u can make ur own decisions, cuz then u have grown into a man or a woman.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:08 pm »
A nightmare vision. All women single and with kids on welfare and all men absent.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 05:46:20 am »
that is bad....

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:06 am »
I am quite against it. Though I think we should be free to do what we want, live in relationships harms our society overall. I mean its alright if somebody has a few gfs or bfs for that matter, but turning it into 'living in relationships' is absurd.

And no, its OK to have girlfriends or boyfriends if somebody is on or above 16 years of age or the legal age of the respective country concerned.

nid404

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:19 am »
Everything is Ok....but what we're looking at is what is ethical....and what is best for a child...At 16, no one is responsible enough to cater to their needs..

So many cases of 13yr old fathers and mothers.....very disturbing indeed.

There's an age for everything....we need to wait for it...
These hormones like to trick us, we must learn to control our feelings, concentrate on studying and being independent, then consider settling down with the guy/girl you love.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:33:06 am »
HELL NO! When did I say people gotta have child at 16?! Its just that they should be allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends. Not necessarily 'falling in love' or thinking of having a child for that matter. Just for a little bit of fun and enjoyment. ;)

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »
Well, i think responsibility also counts in Ethics!
where as children are concerned Stylish, its a big responsibility

What i think is that its all unethical! when you cant understand the importance of the relationship!

nid404

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 06:55:27 am »
You know fun is a very generalized word :P
It can have a lot of adverse effects