Author Topic: Doing Cambridge AS and A2 this year. HELP!  (Read 1125 times)

Offline aldehyde1612

• SF Immigrant
Doing Cambridge AS and A2 this year. HELP!
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:05:18 pm »
HI. i moved countries this year and now im having to do the cambrigde AS and A2 exams this year... it sounds impossible i know. :-\ but i still kinda have to do it since well... if i never moved i would have been finishing school this year and i dont want to have to stay a year longer.

im doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths (might be dropping it) and english (only AS)
I'll be doing AS in the may/june session and A2 in november.  Im currently attending school for the AS part and planning on starting A2 classes privately ASAP... still trying to find classes for chem and english.

anyhow... i was wondering if anyone has ANY advice they could give me (related to the exams obviously)... because times running out and im starting to get more and more confused. When should i start studying... and making study plans... HOW should i make the plan... whats most effective?? and any tips for the practical exams? Ive never done o/ls or any of these exams before since i followed something pretty different in australia.

i actually came on this site looking for exam past papers (cause i cant seem to find any anywhere where im staying) but i dont really even understand how to download them... where are they!??! ???

ThankYou in advance.  ;D
.We know a little about a lot of things; Just enough to make us dangerous.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Doing Cambridge AS and A2 this year. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:30:15 pm »
Consider self-study. Read a chapter from your book and answer the questions at the end yourself. You will have to take responsibility yourself!

Make sure that you cover your CONTENT first, before jumping to question paper solving. I cant give any advice regarding text books since I take business subjects.

Private tution may help. But be careful not to spend too much time there.

KNOW and BELIEVE that you CAN make it!!! NO time for getting confused!!!

Cheers!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »
Start now and dont stop

Offline Q80BOY

• SF Veteran
  • SF Master
    • The Avenues Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:35:48 pm »
Well plan out your time from now .. A levels are tough .. and are normally covered in 2 years .. your covering them in one .. so double the load .. but  if others did .. also YOU can do it!

Plan out your time .. you could easily have 6 hours of study per day WITH loads of fun if you follow this:

2 hours study - 2 hours fun - 2 hours study - 2 hours fun - 2 hours study - 2 hours fun = 12 hours!

if you go to school .. decrease the 2 hours of fun to 1 hour or 1/2 an hour ..

for past papers .. go to http://www.freeexampapers.com/Dndex.php?d=QSBMZXZlbA== :)

and use the forums efficiently! People here are willing to help you .. so just ask!

Best of luck .. and hopefully you'll make it happen!!!  ;)
Read my blog @ www.avenuesq8.wordpress.com

and follow me on twitter @ www.twitter.com/Q80BOY

Amr Fouad

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:54 am »
I'm also taking the AS and A2 but edexcel, again in 1 year.I'm taking physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
Truely it aint that hard, it's only dorbling your effort. Good luck!