Author Topic: Do you think this is a good choice for New GCE from 2008 AS Level & A Level?  (Read 849 times)

Offline MysticSoul

I'm taking Physics, Math and Chemistry for AS Level at the moment but, now I want to drop chem 'cause I don't feel I'm good at it. I mean, I'm really not good at it and more importantly, I don't enjoy studying Chemistry. I already took Chem unit 1 exam last year on June and I did very bad. I got a grade below C so I had to resit this January and found the paper really hard, harder than last time and I had to leave so many questions. I still have unit 2 and 3 left which is also going to be a resit. It's a drag for me, however, at the same time I'm confused whether I should drop Chemistry and take something else along with Math and Physics. Something like, Psychology or English? Would that be a good one? I don't even know what's Chemistry needed for since I'm not going into medical field or chemical engineering. I don't like forcing myself to study something I don't like studying. I love Math and Physics so there's no way anything can change that. For electrical engineering, is chem even needed? Not that I really want to study electrical specifically, but I'm just asking in general. I Just want a good reason to drop Chemistry and take Psychology or English. By the way, is Psychology really that hard? Is it true that there's a lot to write? I'd also like to know, what are my options for future studies if I do take Math, Physics and Psychology? I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I'm just stuck up now. Would really appreciate your suggestion. Thanks a lot!~
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:55:23 pm by MysticSoul »

Offline Q80BOY

• SF Veteran
  • SF Master
    • The Avenues Blog
Well Chem is needed for Medicine .. but as u dont want to go there then u should drop it and concentrate on ur other subjects .. for Psychology ask Roxy.Converse she takes this at AS level i think ..

and Math + Physics = Engineering .. why not add AS Art and go for Architecture?

hope i helped :)
Read my blog @ www.avenuesq8.wordpress.com

and follow me on twitter @ www.twitter.com/Q80BOY

Offline Uchia

• SF Citizen
I would advice you to take business as you will go for electrical engineering then it will help you more