Author Topic: cie bio A level help needed  (Read 754 times)

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
cie bio A level help needed
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »
can anyone explain the difference between a t-test and a chi square test? our teacher doen't seem to know it and the internet info focuses on math statistical lessons, which are to in-depth for my level :/.

for example a question in paper 5 oct/nov 2009 Q 3-a)ii where we have to choose one of these two and explain our choice.

HELP!
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.

nid404

Re: cie bio A level help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:20:54 pm »
I'm still doing AS but I'll ask my teacher

Offline sweetest angel

• SF Geek
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:02:51 am »
thanks alot :)
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"

Offline Light

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:53 am »
t test is to find the significant differences between two mean.chi square test is to find the significant differences between observed value and expected value.chi square is a test for discrete data(something can be counted and to the integer value(like number of students ).t test is for continuous data,(data with decimal points like height, weight).both are used to accept or reject null hypothesis.

Offline sweetest angel

• SF Geek
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:34 pm »
omg thank u ALOT!! +rep for u ^__^ it solved a lot of contradictions in the teacher's notes ><