Author Topic: m1  (Read 688 times)

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
m1
« on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:48 pm »
jan 2001 MS is written in THE MOST AWFUL HANDWRITING EVER!
so if anyone can the answer for Q 3-d link: http://freeexampapers.com/FreeExamPapers.com_.php?__lo=QSBMZXZlbC9NYXRocy9FZGV4Y2VsL00xL0phbjIwMDEucGRm

the question is about two particles A and B,of masses 3m and km and are connected by a light inextensible string which passes over a smooth pulley and the system is released from rest  with the string taut. A acceleration is 2/5g.
 Anyway d) state how you have used the fact that the string is light.      (1mark!!!)

tnQ :D
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.

Offline mousa

• SF Citizen
Re: m1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:42:31 pm »
jan 2001 MS is written in THE MOST AWFUL HANDWRITING EVER!
so if anyone can the answer for Q 3-d link: http://freeexampapers.com/FreeExamPapers.com_.php?__lo=QSBMZXZlbC9NYXRocy9FZGV4Y2VsL00xL0phbjIwMDEucGRm

the question is about two particles A and B,of masses 3m and km and are connected by a light inextensible string which passes over a smooth pulley and the system is released from rest  with the string taut. A acceleration is 2/5g.
 Anyway d) state how you have used the fact that the string is light.      (1mark!!!)

tnQ :D

i guess this will enable us to @ neglect@ the mass of the string itself,  otherwise the mass of the string will affect the acceleration of the system,if taken into consideration and therefore making the workingout much complicated.Basically by using this fact, sloving the Question will be simpler and you can just focus on the particals themselves.

hope i helped :)

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:15:36 pm »
i thought so 2 but jst take a moment 'nd check out da ans
 it says *i think* : tension is of same magnitude (some unreadible word) the string!
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.

nid404

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:55:43 am »
 its mass is negligible compared to that of the block...which makes it light
its length increases by a negligible amount because of the weight of the block...makes it inextensible